Xerion

Toney Douglas Out, Wayne Selden In

Still would've rather kept Troy.

Looks like this is now out of the question, and probably another reason we signed Seldon.

"The Rockets will sign forward Troy Williams for the remainder of the season when his 10-day contract expires, per source. – via Twitter Jonathan_Feigen"

Ndq0327    0

Seldon could be interesting

Wells    0

Looks like this is now out of the question, and probably another reason we signed Seldon.

"The Rockets will sign forward Troy Williams for the remainder of the season when his 10-day contract expires, per source. – via Twitter Jonathan_Feigen"

We could not resign Williams this season since we waived him. It is against league rules.

So we cut Selden in favor of Troy Williams then cut Troy Williams in favor of Toney Douglas then cut Toney Douglas in favor of Selden? This Chris Wallace  is something else :lol:

That almost sounds like it's time to bring back Tony Wroten?

BUMP THE WROTEN THREAD!!!

(not really)

Teddy.B    0

Troy Williams is the better player with the higher ceiling. Another example of the lack of talent evaluation of Chris Wallace.

scooter    0

Troy Williams is the better player with the higher ceiling. Another example of the lack of talent evaluation of Chris Wallace.

Yep.

Ndq0327    0

That was impressive. He made every single shot and dunk in that highlight reel.

Sarcasm gee thanx..... it was clearly for the people who don't know who he is or how he plays

I think Troy Williams has more upside but I will say that Selden is a lot more consistent.

It's more annoying that we let a talented piece go for absolutely nothing. Complete boneheaded and shortsighted move from Chris Wallace.

MemphisX    0

Hopefully it won't matter.

Next season we need a serious wing just in case Parsons never recovers. Don't know who is available but neither Williams or Seldon are the answer.

Be nice if we somehow struck gold and Rade is a stud.

chipc3    0

Hopefully it won't matter.

Next season we need a serious wing just in case Parsons never recovers. Don't know who is available but neither Williams or Seldon are the answer.

That's kind of where we are right now. First, hope Parsons is ready to contribute next year. Second, hope Ennis earns consistent minutes and contributes. Third, hope Rade is better than he's showing overseas this year. Finally, pray on free agency or a trade. 

TimBC    0

It's happened to many other teams, but in all these years the Griz have never had that. 

scooter    0

It's happened to many other teams, but in all these years the Griz have never had that. 

So true.

We don't necessarily need a stud player though. We just need someone that can play his role in the team by being a consistent 3D player. I think James Ennis can be that guy, maybe Vince Carter if he keeps up this play, or maybe someone like Thabo Sefolosha.

I would love for Rade to be amazing but hard expect a rookie player come out swinging.

GF#1    0

We don't necessarily need a stud player though. We just need someone that can play his role in the team by being a consistent 3D player. I think James Ennis can be that guy, maybe Vince Carter if he keeps up this play, or maybe someone like Thabo Sefolosha.

I would love for Rade to be amazing but hard expect a rookie player come out swinging.

Playing a dangerous game if the team expects Vince to play a vital role next season.

chipc3    0

Playing a dangerous game if the team expects Vince to play a vital role next season.

Vince looks a lot better this season than the last two but I have to agree it would be dangerous to count on him too much next year but then again the team may not have an option in that regard. 

chipc3    0

What's funny, is what this really means is Wade Selden will now get more D-League experience...

Funny but last season so many people complained that the D-League didn't help people reach the NBA. I remember people being so critical of Joerger using the D-League to help players stay in shape who wouldn't otherwise play. 

Amazing how improved the D-League is this season since no one is complaining about Baldwin, Martin and once again Davis playing so many games down there.