Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

The Top Five Mistakes This Franchise Has Made

I would say that one of the top five mistakes would be starting these message boards. Negativity on steroids.

I disagree. The boards seem to have an inverse relationship with the team. When they were a bad team the boards were much more upbeat and optimistic.

I disagree. The boards seem to have an inverse relationship with the team. When they were a bad team the boards were much more upbeat and optimistic.

Boards are a bit ahead of the average fan and are happy/upset a season or two ahead of the average fan.

It's not cool around here when anyone scores big points, except for when Mike Conley scores 25 or more (win or loss), then we are all free to go crazy and drool about how great he is (when his scoring didn't matter in the past).

Yeah, I don't get why people on this board keep making loopy arguments like Gasol/Conley/whoever on our team are better than whoever because our guys win more. That argument only makes sense if a lotto guy is getting compared to a contender. Our Core 4 has been higher than a top 4 seed one time in their history and in the last 4 seasons (including this one) it looks like it will be one playoff series won and 3 times where they finished as a lowly 7th seeded team. 

1. Paying & over valuing Gasol

2. Paying for Parsons

3. Paying Chris Wallace

4. Hiring Dave Joerger

5. Catering to TA's ego and any other decent player that is hyped like a superstar here

Because we were getting better then, not worse, like we have been the last few years.

Because we were getting better then, not worse, like we have been the last few years.

Yeah its an easy concept. Its not where you are at its where you are headed that creates excitement.

Too many to list so I'll just throw these out there.

Drafting Hasheem Thabeet.

Trading away 1st round picks for no reason at all: Trading 1st round pick for Otis Thorpe, trading 1st round picks for Ronnie Brewer, trading 1st round picks for Jon Leuer, trading 1st round pick for Jeff Green.

The Rudy Gay trade was a horrible trade. The Grizzlies didn't get back any good players, didn't get back any quality prospects, didn't get back 1st round picks. The Grizzlies got back nothing but trash. And NO Rudy Gay didn't hold the Grizzlies back. 

Giving 4 years $94million to a injured, non needle moving, non top 2 option level talent.

Trading away Kevin Love for O.J. Mayo. 

Rudy gay was not a good fit.  Whether you liked the trade or not, it was the right thing to do to move on from rudy as your franchise player. 

Rudy is not that good.  Sorry.

------------------------------------------

I"m really really shocked that no one but me mentioned the failure of local owners not buying the team from heisley.  It could bite us in the azz in the near future.  Imo, having local owners and maybe a owner who is more visible and hands-on would have helped stabilize the franchise within the nba and also with the fans.  Whether it's right or wrong, there are lots of grizz fans who worry we will lose the franchise to another city in the near future.