Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Memphis @ Chicago 03/15/17

GF#1    0

Those *****ing about Gasol in this thread is laughable.

Marc doesn't shoot. Marc always looks to pass. He's not aggressive. Marc's so passive. He took 21 **** shots, by far most on the team. For those complaining about the passing, we rely on his playmaking and facilitating. When Conley and Gasol are your only facilitators, you only have but so many different options. Utilizing the playmaking skills of a 7 footer is a no brainer. And he scored the points as well.

Just comical.

Memfizz    0

Yeah people were rightfully so complaining.

Until the 4th quarter.. Where he did step up. Which the same complainers acknowledged.

Don't come in here all high on your high horse after the fact

Dwash    0

Marc doesn't shoot. Marc always looks to pass. He's not aggressive. Marc's so passive. He took 21 **** shots, by far most on the team. For those complaining about the passing, we rely on his playmaking and facilitating. When Conley and Gasol are your only facilitators, you only have but so many different options. Utilizing the playmaking skills of a 7 footer is a no brainer. And he scored the points as well.

Just comical.

I just wish he would use his size advantage more (because it's his biggest advantage) over relying on jumpers so much, but he is what he is.

Memfizz    0

And the only thing truly comical is that we have a list of guards now that can shut down Gasol and push him out to the perimeter.

GF#1    0

Yeah people were rightfully so complaining.

Until the 4th quarter.. Where he did step up. Which the same complainers acknowledged.

Don't come in here all high on your high horse after the fact

Sorry. I don't have enough spare time in my life to devote the time to posting 2,200+ times in 4 months.

Doesn't change my point.

I just wish he would use his size advantage more (because it's his biggest advantage) over relying on jumpers so much, but he is what he is.

JUMPERS?????????????????? You've been listening to Brevin and Pete toooooooooooooooo much.

Just comical.

To be fair majority of the game he was looking to pass first before even looking at the basket.  Brevin was calling him out on it all game.  It wasn't till the 4th qtr that he started to aggressively attacking the basket.  Better late than never.  

i just think that if Gasol is concentrating on getting back on track defensively then we all need to accept he will take a step back on offense.    Thank goodness Vince has come in to fill that void but we need Daniels to get going in a major way soon.   We cannot count on Mike and Marc to completely carry the offense consistently.   Vince and Zbo cannot be the only other solutions either.  

GF#1    0

To be fair majority of the game he was looking to pass first before even looking at the basket.  Brevin was calling him out on it all game.  It wasn't till the 4th qtr that he started to aggressively attacking the basket.  Better late than never.  

i just think that if Gasol is concentrating on getting back on track defensively then we all need to accept he will take a step back on offense.    Thank goodness Vince has come in to fill that void but we need Daniels to get going in a major way soon.   We cannot count on Mike and Marc to completely carry the offense consistently.   Vince and Zbo cannot be the only other solutions either.  

I couldn't agree more which is why I really don't understand the mindset of some in this thread. The playoffs start in a month. I have no problem with Gasol, at times, conserving energy on offense to help facilitate offense for others. Not only does it conserve energy, it helps to promote getting some of the role players involved in the offense. Like you say, we're going to need those guys come playoff time.

And at the end of the day, you can't argue with his stat line. I just don't see how shooting the ball 21 times, to the next highest total of 12 is this overly passive player.

I have no issues with Marc's play last night.

To be fair majority of the game he was looking to pass first before even looking at the basket.  Brevin was calling him out on it all game.  It wasn't till the 4th qtr that he started to aggressively attacking the basket.  

Isn't that the same strategy that Phil Jackson begged MJ to imploy? Get your teammates involved in the first 3 quarters then take over in the fourth?

GF#1    0

Isn't that the same strategy that Phil Jackson begged MJ to imploy? Get your teammates involved in the first 3 quarters then take over in the fourth?

Just get the W. And Marc helped get it.

Memfizz    0

Sorry. I don't have enough spare time in my life to devote the time to posting 2,200+ times in 4 months.

Doesn't change my point.

Right, because that's the mindset this site has, the only Grizz fan board btw, and it's why it's so empty.

Congrats on letting everyone know you're too cool I mean too busy to post on gamethreads! You know some people can multi task by watching and post/venting at the same time.

Welcome to every other NBA fanpage.

GF#1    0

Right, because that's the mindset this site has, the only Grizz fan board btw, and it's why it's so empty.

Congrats on letting everyone know you're too cool I mean too busy to post on gamethreads! You know some people can multi task by watching and post/venting at the same time.

Welcome to every other NBA fanpage.

Just quit while you're not ahead.

Dwash    0

Ok Mr. 16,000 posts who acts like he's too busy for this site....lolol

Lol but that's over like 12 years.

Yeah, i'll admit gasol had a nice 4th quarter, but he cruised through 3 quarters, and we could have easily lost this game.  I have never liked players like him.  He is lazy, but it worked last night thankfully.

Imo, marc is doing things during a game more for his stats vs what the team needs. 

Yeah, i figured a few gasol fans would defend him.  That's fine.  He isn't saving/conserving himself for the playoffs.  He will play the same way in the playoffs.  Just watch.

This team has no window to the championship.  It's closed for now unless you add a talent better than mike and marc. 

GF#1    0

Ok Mr. 16,000 posts who acts like he's too busy for this site....lolol

:lol:

I see you could use a little math lesson. I'd be glad to.

You have posted 2,200 times in 4 months. Drawn out over a year's time, that would be 6,600 posts (4 months x 3 = 12 months). I have been a member of this forum for 13 years. You are currently on pace for 85,800 posts for 13 years. That's significantly higher than my lowly 16k. I only average 1,230 posts a year, you've nearly doubled that in just 4 months. Like I said, quit while you're not ahead.

Now...

Not necessarily knocking you for it, you can do what you wish. I'm simply saying that my life obligations and responsibilities are such that I am not able to live post in every single game thread of the year, nor am I able to watch every Grizzlies game live either. That's the beauty of DVR.

Memfizz    0

Lol but that's over like 12 years.

Which indicates he once was frequently posting.

Idk why y'all are even trying to criticise someone posting frequently on this borderline dead *** board.

GF#1    0

Yeah, i'll admit gasol had a nice 4th quarter, but he cruised through 3 quarters, and we could have easily lost this game.  I have never liked players like him.  He is lazy, but it worked last night thankfully.

Marc is doing things during a game more for his stats vs what the team needs.  Bottom line.

What's really laughable is anyone who thinks this team will win a championship with marc gasol.

I'm trying to figure out how Gasol is trying to do things during a game for stats when he is 32, a multiple time all star, and is in the midst of what was a MAX contract at the time in which he signed it.

Just don't see it.

Memfizz    0

:lol:

I see you could use a little math lesson. I'd be glad to.

You have posted 2,200 times in 4 months. Drawn out over a year's time, that would be 6,600 posts (4 months x 3 = 12 months). I have been a member of this forum for 13 years. You are currently on pace for 85,800 posts for 13 years. That's significantly higher than my lowly 16k. I only average 1,230 posts a year, you've nearly doubled that in just 4 months. Like I said, quit while you're not ahead.

Now...

Not necessarily knocking you for it, you can do what you wish. I'm simply saying that my life obligations and responsibilities are such that I am not able to live post in every single game thread of the year, nor am I able to watch every Grizzlies game live either. That's the beauty of DVR.

I'm well aware of the math, that doesn't mean I'm going to keep that pace up, newer posters generally post more initially until they're bored with it.

That doesn't change the point it's stupid to knock someone (which you originally were) for posting frequently on this board when it could surely use it.

I'm trying to figure out how Gasol is trying to do things during a game for stats when he is 32, a multiple time all star, and is in the midst of what was a MAX contract at the time in which he signed it.

Just don't see it.

Two time all star at the peak of his career and taking it easy.  If you can't see he was fishing for assists nearly the whole game, i can't help you.  It's a shame he doesn't take as much interest in rebounding.

When the playoffs arrive, gasol will give you the same game and we'll see how you like it then.

I would trade gasol if i had control of the team.   I don't like his way of doing things.

Memfizz    0

Two time all star at the peak of his career and taking it easy. If you can't see he was fishing for assists nearly the whole game, i can't help you. It's a shame he doesn't take as much interest in rebounding.

When the playoffs arrive, gasol will give you the same game and we'll see how you like it then.

I would trade gasol if i had control of the team. I don't like his way of doing things.

Especially with Brandon Wright, he looks more expandable for a legit other piece.

Hope he proves be wrong, but his ****acular shut downs every mid playoffs leave me inclined to think otherwise