Sign in to follow this  
CarlCR

15 To Go, Will The Grizzlies Rise In Standings?

Here's the latest look at the standings and games remaining for the 4th to 11th spots in the Western Conference.  Current standings and games remaining.

I added the fight for the 8th spot because I think it's interesting to see if Portland, Minnesota or Dallas can catch Denver for the 8th spot.

The Grizzlies will have a hard time catching OKC or LAC unless they win 11 or more of their remaining games. The 3 games against the Spurs will show if they are able to compete.

the way the  grizzlies are playing it like being married for 30 years you come home and your wife left with the guy next door 

the way the  grizzlies are playing it like being married for 30 years you come home and your wife left with the guy next door 

Chandler-Parsons-overweight.jpg

the way the grizzlies are playing it like being married for 30 years you come home and your wife left with the guy next door

Chandler-Parsons-overweight.jpg

Who cares if he can play basketball or not? This guy is cool.

Tonight is pretty important:

Any slimmer of hope of getting to the 4/5 spot needs the Grizzlies to win 2 of 3 against the Spurs, and the best chance is a home game tonight.  If the Spurs have hope of a #1 seed, all 3 games will be tough.  But now they are 1.5 games behind, putting them further behind helps.

To get to the 4/5 seed, several of these need to happen.

Grizzlies beat Spurs

Warriors beat Bucks (Put Spurs back 2.5)

Cavs beat Clippers

Bulls beat Jazz

and 

Kings beat Thunder would be nice.

Grizz have a tougher end of the season to play than OKC.  Unfortunately, the odds of not finishing 7th aren't great.

But just as Jackie Moon willed his team to finish in 4th place... it could happen.

68548767.jpg

Tonight is pretty important:

Any slimmer of hope of getting to the 4/5 spot needs the Grizzlies to win 2 of 3 against the Spurs, and the best chance is a home game tonight.  If the Spurs have hope of a #1 seed, all 3 games will be tough.  But now they are 1.5 games behind, putting them further behind helps.

To get to the 4/5 seed, several of these need to happen.

Grizzlies beat Spurs

Warriors beat Bucks (Put Spurs back 2.5)

Cavs beat Clippers

Bulls beat Jazz

and 

Kings beat Thunder would be nice.

Bad news Thunder beat the Kings.......... Portland blowing out Atlanta.

And down go the Thunder and the Jazz.

A Clippers loss tonight to the Knicks would make it a pretty good night. I'm not going to stay up and watch it because i don't trust the Knicks and I want to sleep.

Should be noted that even tho we won the season series 3-1, the Jazz would have the tiebreaker for 4th because they'd be division winners. So technically we're 3.5 back from fourth cuz we gotta finish a game ahead of Utah. Still have a shot at it but gotta get atleast 2-3 wins on this trip.

Should be noted that even tho we won the season series 3-1, the Jazz would have the tiebreaker for 4th because they'd be division winners. So technically we're 3.5 back from fourth cuz we gotta finish a game ahead of Utah. Still have a shot at it but gotta get atleast 2-3 wins on this trip.

Even if we tie with Utah, we would still have home court in the first round cuz of our tiebreaker inspite of the 5th seed. Not sure what happens if there's a 3 way tie.

Hey man, they won't be division winners if the Grizz tie with them.

They will be division winners assuming OKC doesn't go on a streak. Utah will get the 4th seed and we would be 5th but would have home court cuz of tie breaker. The seeds in this scenario are frankly redundant.

I thought they changed the rules so that division winner is no longer guaranteed a top 4 seed.   I think it's just the top 8 teams by record, and if there's a tie, the first tie breaker is head to head record, and second is division winner.  I could be wrong though.

I told you guys the grizzlies have a shot at 4. The Jazz have a brutal schedule coming in, and while the grizzlies have a tough schedule also, they grizzlies know how to get through tough stretches scheduling-wise.

Also, the division winner does not guarantee the jazz hca. That rules was dumped a while back. If the grizzlies tie with the jazz, we get hca.

I told you guys the grizzlies have a shot at 4. The Jazz have a brutal schedule coming in, and while the grizzlies have a tough schedule also, they grizzlies know how to get through tough stretches scheduling-wise.

Also, the division winner does not guarantee the jazz hca. That rules was dumped a while back. If the grizzlies tie with the jazz, we get hca.

I don't know how brutal the Jazz's schedule is coming down the stretch. They play SA twice in April and SA will have no reason to compete since the Jazz aren't going to be in their half of the bracket. Golden State will have wrapped up the conference before their game. They play Portland twice and Minnesota once but the only thing those teams will likely be competing for is how many ping-pong balls they will get. The only really tough games they have remaining are @ the Clippers and hosting Washington. 

I thought they changed the rules so that division winner is no longer guaranteed a top 4 seed.   I think it's just the top 8 teams by record, and if there's a tie, the first tie breaker is head to head record, and second is division winner.  I could be wrong though.

Ahhh ur right they did change the rules, i didn't know bout that. So what division winners aren't even guaranteed a playoff spot then? Whats the point of divisions anymore lol

Tiebreaker Basis For Two-Way Ties

(1) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(2) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(3) Division won-lost percentage for teams in the same division
(4) Conference won-lost percentage
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(7) Net Points, all games

I don't know how brutal the Jazz's schedule is coming down the stretch. They play SA twice in April and SA will have no reason to compete since the Jazz aren't going to be in their half of the bracket. Golden State will have wrapped up the conference before their game. They play Portland twice and Minnesota once but the only thing those teams will likely be competing for is how many ping-pong balls they will get. The only really tough games they have remaining are @ the Clippers and hosting Washington.

Portland will be a tough out. They have been playing well since the trade and are only a half game behind for the 8th spot. They will be playing for a spot in the POs

Portland will be a tough out. They have been playing well since the trade and are only a half game behind for the 8th spot. They will be playing for a spot in the POs

If they are that would help but last night's loss really hurt the team's chances to move up. 

when this season ends and the grizzlies are a 7th seed don,t forget about the loses to the LAKER,NETS.KNICKS,

when this season ends and the grizzlies are a 7th seed don,t forget about the loses to the LAKER,NETS.KNICKS,

Somebody ban this poster for bringing those memories back!