Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Parsons Has A Partial Meniscus Tear, Likely Done For Season

Thomas    0

Traded for Marc Gasol, traded for ZBo, drafted Mike Conley, made it to the Western Conference Playoffs. Hmm, perspective is interesting isn't it? Arguably worst franchise...give me a break.

Remember when Chris Wallace tried to trade Mike Conley for Ramon Sessions and Joe Alexander? Or when he tried to trade Zbo for Al Jefferson? I agree, perspective is interesting. What's especially interesting is that you have just referenced three of the handful of Wallace's only good moves, and the last of those three happened eight years ago.

Teddy.B    0

Only Newbies would credit Wallace for drafting Conley. They see the timeline of when Conley was drafted, but fail to understand the sentiment at the time. While Wallace was technically Gm at the time, he was hired only a mere two or three weeks before the draft whereas Macaroni (highly touted at the time) was hired before him and was always going to get his wish of a Steve Nash like point guard to run his Suns offense. Macaroni was the one that pegged Conley in the draft and Wallace had a weak to no voice in the draft. He himself said so at the time that he was not going to rock the boat and come in and take over all the hard work others have done in the draft preparation. 

Wallace has drafted ZERO guys that are in the rotation his entire tenure here. Quite an impressive record of massive draft fails.  

I said arguably.   Apparently, you have reading comprehension problems.

Why do you even post on these boards or follow this team? just wondering. Arguably, your posts are the most consistently negative on this board. 

no we could have filled he roster with more than just Parsons for that money. Especially with the career averages he has.

You still could have cap room going into this coming season where we could have made some huge moves with plenty of players to pick from

Paul mill sap, Gordon Hayward, Danilo, jeff Teague, JJ Red, Greg monroe, Taj gibson, George hill, Shaun Livingston, Jrue Holiday, etc.

It's managing wisely. I don't care what anyone says about this being a small market. You overpaid Chandler. You can do the same to someone without an injury history.

I was all for not spending the money this past season. I was for signing a couple of guys for fair contracts leaving room for a big move this coming offseason knowing we wouldn't have draft picks to help us out.

Chandler should have never been a target.

None of us have any idea if any of those guys had even a passing interest in playing in Memphis. Could've, would've, should've, we have tod eal with reality going forward. Making assumption on what we could have done in the past isn't going to help this team move forward.

Blackwatch    0

Its obvious that Parsons was not healthy when signed, how did he pass the physical? Also, Parsons was more Conley's call than anything. That's why Conley been largely silent about the whole thing. Conley not only agreed to the largest contract in league history to stay in Memphis, but he also wanted his boy Parsons to get max money. Again, why would the FO sign an injury prone/injured, "good" but not great player to a max deal, then force him into the starting lineup, wrecking team chemistry and morale, if but there was more than just his "potential" and "fit" at stake. They are all in for Conley and Gasol, and it is backfiring.

Ndq0327    0

Apparently you've never heard of the 76ers or Kings or you just want to add fuel to the negativity fire.

No cause at some point those teams will get good all we are doing is getting worse with no way of getting better we have no tradeable assets, no draft pics, an incompetent GM, an absent owner. The guys at GBB could run this team better than the current front office

Ndq0327    0

Traded for Marc Gasol, traded for ZBo, drafted Mike Conley, made it to the Western Conference Playoffs. Hmm, perspective is interesting isn't it? Arguably worst franchise...give me a break.

What the hell has he done since then I'm so tired of people on here living off the past. It sounds as dumb as TA did in that interview when he was moping about GnG being on life support and how he wished things could go back to how they used to. When are y'all gonna wake up and realize its never gonna be like that again. The league has changed from when the Grizz lucked up and made it to the WCF.

Wallace is the worse GM in this league cause he found a little bit of success with the core and decided that was enough at NO point did he try to increase that success and now he is riding it out to the last drop.

It makes Zero sense that since GnG started there hasn't been one person to stick with this team long term aside from the core. It makes Zero sense that there isn't anybody ready to take over for one of the core players once they're gone. Who is responsible for those things you ask?

CHRIS WALLACE THATS WHO

Ndq0327    0

Only Newbies would credit Wallace for drafting Conley. They see the timeline of when Conley was drafted, but fail to understand the sentiment at the time. While Wallace was technically Gm at the time, he was hired only a mere two or three weeks before the draft whereas Macaroni (highly touted at the time) was hired before him and was always going to get his wish of a Steve Nash like point guard to run his Suns offense. Macaroni was the one that pegged Conley in the draft and Wallace had a weak to no voice in the draft. He himself said so at the time that he was not going to rock the boat and come in and take over all the hard work others have done in the draft preparation.

Wallace has drafted ZERO guys that are in the rotation his entire tenure here. Quite an impressive record of massive draft fails.

Thank you actually do some research on the person you so quickly defend. The man has done nothing helpful since GnG started all he does is BS people and be the ultimate yes man

Ndq0327    0

Its obvious that Parsons was not healthy when signed, how did he pass the physical? Also, Parsons was more Conley's call than anything. That's why Conley been largely silent about the whole thing. Conley not only agreed to the largest contract in league history to stay in Memphis, but he also wanted his boy Parsons to get max money. Again, why would the FO sign an injury prone/injured, "good" but not great player to a max deal, then force him into the starting lineup, wrecking team chemistry and morale, if but there was more than just his "potential" and "fit" at stake. They are all in for Conley and Gasol, and it is backfiring.

Parsons and Conley aren't boys?? What history do they have together? Conley wanted Batum he was the first name Conley said when asked about a wing he'd like to see the team get last summer. Parsons screams Wallace he has the pedigree and everything.

Ndq0327    0

For anyone that disputes this go tweet Parrish or get on the FB page and ask if Portland was really in the race for Parson's I'm sure he'll say no. We were the only team dumb enough to give him a full max

Parsons and Conley aren't boys?? What history do they have together? Conley wanted Batum he was the first name Conley said when asked about a wing he'd like to see the team get last summer. Parsons screams Wallace he has the pedigree and everything.

Parson's said in his first interviews that he was the one to reach out to Conley.  Like you said Conley mentioned KD and Batum as the guys he wanted FO to go after. 

Memfizz    0

Gosh, I'd love a Batum right now. Could you imagine? That's like the type of 3D wing we've been pretending to have for years.

costarica2    0

It sucks to say I told you so to all the people who love this signing.

This is on Wallace we get nothing in the draft nothing in FA awful off-season.

Plus the Conley contract is still bad he is getting way overpaid.

I just don't know how we recover from this it will take us years.

Dwash    0

Gosh, I'd love a Batum right now. Could you imagine? That's like the type of 3D wing we've been pretending to have for years.

Max dollars in another guy who is scared to shoot.

That was cool when Zbo was putting in work.  We need Jimmy Butler or Paul George now.

Max dollars in another guy who is scared to shoot.

That was cool when Zbo was putting in work.  We need Jimmy Butler or Paul George now.

Yep if idea was to continue with Tony Allen at the 2 - those two are the prototypes. 

fanboyslim    0

I won't rule out the possibility that this is not a real injury but a way for the FO to save face (although I'm not sure this is better than just saying 'we tried, he's not going to be 100% for the playoffs, let's call it'), but in any event a meniscus tear is a 3-month injury at worst (with repair surgery). He should be more than ready to start training camp.

Doesn't like Chandler Parsons as a FA target because he's injury prone; but instead lists Danilo Galinari and Jrue Holiday.

4 of those guys you listed have significant injury history, and if signed, you probably would have stayed silent...until they were injured, then you would complain about not saving more cap space for the following year.

Just because you can list free agents, doesn't mean they have any interest in signing them without overpaying them.

I would like to hear why you think Gordon Hayward would choose Memphis over Utah or Boston.

Then I'd love to hear the George Hill reason instead of Spurs or Utah.

Greg Monroe.....perfect for when the Grizzlies match up with the Pelicans.....and no other team.

No I'm referring to paying amax contract to Parsons. out of those with injury history, Danilo would be the only one worth a max. Jrue will get nowhere near it.

Meanwhile, as far as your other questions, why would chandler choose Memphis over Portland?

You take SMART chances. There will be a much BIGGER pool of players this coming off season that would have been better opportunities for investment than chandler.

You also have to note that while the previous players have had injury history, they have already proved they can play again.

You aren't going off of an unknown. Any more questions?

None of us have any idea if any of those guys had even a passing interest in playing in Memphis. Could've, would've, should've, we have tod eal with reality going forward. Making assumption on what we could have done in the past isn't going to help this team move forward.

read my last post. A bigger pool of players leaves much more room for error and an opportunity to invest WISELY.

Parsons was a desperation move.

Jay_Bizzy    0

no we could have filled he roster with more than just Parsons for that money. Especially with the career averages he has.

You still could have cap room going into this coming season where we could have made some huge moves with plenty of players to pick from

Paul mill sap, Gordon Hayward, Danilo, jeff Teague, JJ Red, Greg monroe, Taj gibson, George hill, Shaun Livingston, Jrue Holiday, etc.

It's managing wisely. I don't care what anyone says about this being a small market. You overpaid Chandler. You can do the same to someone without an injury history.

I was all for not spending the money this past season. I was for signing a couple of guys for fair contracts leaving room for a big move this coming offseason knowing we wouldn't have draft picks to help us out.

Chandler should have never been a target.

I'm sure you were...

Jay_Bizzy    0

I think you are missing that while Holiday and Gallinari have injury history, Chandler was actually hurt when signed.

Lol was coming off surgery when signed. Still has 3 years on the deal. Why not judge this move when it's all said and done?

Lol was coming off surgery when signed. Still has 3 years on the deal. Why not judge this move when it's all said and done?

that's the problem. You don't do that.

Also, two years from now we will be in the lottery with the way this team has been managed. Oh wait, if we are in the lottery we won't have a pick

MemphisX    0

that's the problem. You don't do that.

Also, two years from now we will be in the lottery with the way this team has been managed. Oh wait, if we are in the lottery we won't have a pick

To be fair, I'm not sure that Wallace has drafted ANYBODY in a vacuum, except maybe this past year's draft.  And the jury's still out, but nabbing Deyonta the way he did, I would call a steal.  And even if you didn't like the Baldwin pick, it is a logically defensible one.

Not saying he's above criticism, but since you referenced the history lesson, you also know that under Heisley, Wallace was little more than a figurehead.  I'm not even sure that I buy that he completely orchestrated (or was alone on an island with) the Pau trade.  Because, after all, it was a massive money saving gesture, and we know Heisley was pinching pennies for the duration of the 3-year plan.  I think it's highly plausible he was being a good company man and taking the fall for the organization, had the trade not produced success down the road.  It makes sense that he would, because a lot of what he did under Heisley falls under the same criteria.