Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Take A Sobering Look At This Roster

I said the grizzlies were the second best team in the west. I never said that they'd be the second seed. I still think the grizzlies can beat any team in the west not named the warriors.

I can't get it to quote over to this thread, but it is post # 8 on the link below.

http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/index.php?showtopic=18994

"The grizzlies will win their division this year and be the second best team record-wise in the west."  KBM on oct 18, 2016

Am i going to hear crickets from you TWICE in one day???

I can't get it to quote over to this thread, but it is post # 8 on the link below.

http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/index.php?showtopic=18994

"The grizzlies will win their division this year and be the second best team record-wise in the west."  KBM on oct 18, 2016

Am i going to hear crickets from you TWICE in one day???

LOL!  I was looking for this post cause I remembered it too.

But he is always right and we can't take it.

I will go ahead and call myself out for starting the thread that (I believe) asked the question whether we were the 2nd best team in the West. Certainly seemed possible during the offseason.

Oh how wrong that was...

Wallace is not the problem this team has, he has only been in charge of 2 drafts. Baldwin doesn't look so hot to me but I think Davis is a keeper, if Fiz will play him some.

Which two drafts were those? Cause he's been the GM for more than two years and the GM is responsible for the roster so there is no way you can only pin 2 drafts on him. Now maybe he punked out and let other people make the pics cause he's a yes man but he's still responsible for the draft. That's his job

I said the grizzlies were the second best team in the west. I never said that they'd be the second seed. I still think the grizzlies can beat any team in the west not named the warriors.

Utah would beat us in seven games this year. There is ZERO path to the second round. If I am wrong (hope I am) feel free to dig this up and jab me with it.  :)

Utah would beat us in seven games this year. There is ZERO path to the second round. If I am wrong (hope I am) feel free to dig this up and jab me with it. :)

Utah is one team we actually match up well against. The 3-1 regular season record against them isn't a fluke. We would win 4-2 in a PO series against them.

Utah would beat us in seven games this year. There is ZERO path to the second round. If I am wrong (hope I am) feel free to dig this up and jab me with it.  :)

conjecture at best.

Kevin what is the point of this thread? Are you saying that even though the roster is severely flawed that they are still the second best team in the west?

Not even responding to post #27 confirms what i suspected about kbm.  He is full of **** and it's best to just ignore him.

Not even responding to post #27 confirms what i suspected about kbm.  He is full of **** and it's best to just ignore him.

what is there to respond to. I don't deny that it is me. Whoever found that, they win that argument hands down.

Fair enough.  You know i would not even cared to have showed you up like that if you just wouldn't talk down to other grizz fans so much as if you're the only fan who has any basketball knowledge.   It's really annoying.   I'm pretty sure most of the people posting here understand the game of basketball. 

Fair enough.  You know i would not even cared to have showed you up like that if you just wouldn't talk down to other grizz fans so much as if you're the only fan who has any basketball knowledge.   It's really annoying.   I'm pretty sure most of the people posting here understand the game of basketball. 

Most regulars LOVE to hate me. They don't really hate me or are even annoyed by me. They like that I bring my point of view, even if they don't agree with it.

A lot of stuff on this board I've mentioned it before anybody else even thought about it, so I can tell people respect my conflicted point of view.

But when I lose, I admit that I lost. You beat me. Good job!

Most regulars LOVE to hate me. They don't really hate me or are even annoyed by me. They like that I bring my point of view, even if they don't agree with it.

A lot of stuff on this board I've mentioned it before anybody else even thought about it, so I can tell people respect my conflicted point of view.

I don't hate you. I am routinely annoyed by you because I say to myself "he doesn't really believe that. He is just saying it to get an argument going." I truly believe that. It's easier to believe that than to believe you actually think these things and aren't in a mental asylum. The good side of you is you generally motivate people to do research and put work into their actual thought process.

Maybe I always miss them, but this is the first time I have seen you admit you were wrong. Generally you just stop responding or try to switch your argument to a side issue. 

Respect ✊

The grizzlies have 4 players with less than 2 years in league and are 22,22,20,20 in age. That leaves 11 players. Of the 11 players, only Mike, Marc and Zach are averaging double digits in points.

Of the vets we have: Tony (35), Vince (40), Ennis, Jam. Green, Wright and Daniels, Douglas, all but one have major downsides.

tony (age), vince (age), Ennis (journeyman), Wright (injured significant amount of time), Daniels (can't defend anybody), Douglas (journeyman).

Only Jam Green has the makings of a starter and he hasn't progressed as much as we would like him to.

The grizzlies still have not solved the backup point guard spot or the Mike-needs-a-sidekick spot. Of course we are hoping that Baldwin and Harrison will be able to take on those roles, as soon as next year.

The biggest problem with the strategy the grizzlies employed when they signed a max deal with Chandler Parsons, isn't that he'd need years to rehab, but the fact that they didn't see how extremely thin they were making their depth.

Getting younger just made this even more apparent that the grizzlies were having to have an unbalanced roster.

I don't want to be the guy that said I told you so, but it was always my belief that the grizzlies should go for depth in free agency. I was asking for Lin a lot but I really wanted the grizzlies to get a rebounder and a sidekick.

Parsons (because of his contract) basically put a strain on our depth, which is a lot of the reasons that we are in this mess. And i'm not sure we can get out of it, but the grizzlies NEED to shore up the sickkick once and for all, by getting Rubio.

Someone get KBM his pills. His bipolar problems are surfacing again.

Someone get KBM his pills. His bipolar problems are surfacing again.

If you really read what I said here, it was all about chandler parsons max deal and how it affected our roster.

I still believe that the grizzlies need to get Rubio. I still believe that Vince, Tony are old. I still believe that Daniels can't guard anybody and Douglas is a journeyman.

Believe it or not, nothing I said in that post has anything to do with how I feel the grizzlies could make a championship run, but all about how chandler parsons has affected this team. Crazy but true.