Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Enough With The Panic Driven Experimental Lineups Already

Who are you speaking of?

You want me to call them out by name? Okay.

Memfizz (more negative than positive, but he is boarderline),memphisX, Grizztigerfan, dwash, tmoneyinmphs, IIWII, SC grizz, Allen, Teddy.b, ndq0327, iron mike, isugrizzfan, father pat (though he is sneaky about it), blackwatch.

off the top of my head.

There are a few of us that still believe in the team, Me. Bighunk, you, chipc3, GF#1 and Bnabreaker (they just want what's best for the team), and I'm probably missing a few.

Excuse me? What have I said lately that suggests I believe the season is over? I thought Fizdale was screwing up the team with his starting Parsons and then magnified the problem with his Harrison and Wright double down (results speak for themselves in that regard by the way). I think the Grizzlies can advance this year and possibly make a serious run as long as they stick with a consistent rotation of the Core 4 and Carter as well as the bench rotation of Harrison, Daniels, Ennis, Z-Bo and Wright. 

If he starts experimenting and throwing the players off their games by jerking around with their minutes again then all bets are off. 

If you are throwing me in the list of disbelievers because of my preseason predictions you need to chill out on that. I have admitted I was wrong about my 41-41 pick but I did say that the pick was low at the time because I expected Conley, Gasol, Parsons and Wright to struggle all season with injuries that haven't occurred except for Parsons. I honestly believe that if Parsons had been benched earlier the team would be fighting for 4th place. 

Excuse me? What have I said lately that suggests I believe the season is over? I thought Fizdale was screwing up the team with his starting Parsons and then magnified the problem with his Harrison and Wright double down (results speak for themselves in that regard by the way). I think the Grizzlies can advance this year and possibly make a serious run as long as they stick with a consistent rotation of the Core 4 and Carter as well as the bench rotation of Harrison, Daniels, Ennis, Z-Bo and Wright.

If he starts experimenting and throwing the players off their games by jerking around with their minutes again then all bets are off.

If you are throwing me in the list of disbelievers because of my preseason predictions you need to chill out on that. I have admitted I was wrong about my 41-41 pick but I did say that the pick was low at the time because I expected Conley, Gasol, Parsons and Wright to struggle all season with injuries that haven't occurred except for Parsons. I honestly believe that if Parsons had been benched earlier the team would be fighting for 4th place.

Glad to have you on our team!

Putting Vince Carter in the open spot has been key.  Ending that run of experimental lineups where Ennis, Harrison, Douglas, etc were cobbled into starting lineups was a must. It was obviously not the answer.  People can scapegoat CP for the five game losing streak all day long but getting back to core4+1 is Grizz ball and the results speak for themselves. 

Putting Vince Carter in the open spot has been key.  Ending that run of experimental lineups where Ennis, Harrison, Douglas, etc were cobbled into starting lineups was a must. It was obviously not the answer.  People can scapegoat CP for the five game losing streak all day long but getting back to core4+1 is Grizz ball and the results speak for themselves. 

I believe people are saying that CP has caused the team to be a .500 team since he was inserted into the lineup. They became the worst team in the league when they added Harrison and Wright to the starting lineup. 

I believe people are saying that CP has caused the team to be a .500 team since he was inserted into the lineup. They became the worst team in the league when they added Harrison and Wright to the starting lineup. 

I will say that I think the problem with inserting Harrison and Wright in to the Starting Lineup was that you reduced the efficiency of both the starters and the bench. 

Douglas became the backup point (downgrade) and you moved two defensive oriented players into backup positions making Vince and Zach the only offensive options.  You also made Zach the effective backup center, so you were not getting any Bruise Brothers action with Marc.

So, the starters lost the defensive players that helped cover for Chandler's lack of mobility (which was hurting the defense of the starters), while the bench lost it's best center and some offensive diversity. You also lost play time for one of your best scoring combinations.

I am guessing the juggling lineups was little more than Fizz trying to show the troops who was going to have to be in charge to make this thing work on the court.  That includes players and FO both.  I have seen some theorize that we were trying to pick our playoff seeding, but that dog don't hunt.  Even if we were trying to do that, there were still too many games left to be played to mess around like that.  

We could all see that it wasn't a great idea, and it didn't work.  Fizz isn't blind.  He knew it wasn't working either.  So there has to be another reason.

If we get to our third coach that feels like they have to have a power struggle with the team AND the FO guys, we're going to be in a bad way with this franchise down the road.  Coaching is only a cog in the wheel, but it's possible to get a bad coach in this league.  It's one thing to struggle with getting FAs in here, it would be another entirely to get a decent coach.

I think the front office shut Parson down...no injury

Conspiracy thinking, yes?

You want me to call them out by name? Okay.

Memfizz (more negative than positive, but he is boarderline),memphisX, Grizztigerfan, dwash, tmoneyinmphs, IIWII, SC grizz, Allen, Teddy.b, ndq0327, iron mike, isugrizzfan, father pat (though he is sneaky about it).

off the top of my head.

There are a few of us that still believe in the team, Me. Bighunk, you, chipc3, GF#1 and Bnabreaker (they just want what's best for the team), and I'm probably missing a few.

Glad I'm selected for First Team. But I wanna be a starter or I won't take up the player option and will go into FA in July