Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhoyal

Enough With The Panic Driven Experimental Lineups Already

61 posts in this topic

Break it!

Get what you can for Marc and Mike....ride out Parsons deal.

why not try VC with core 4??

If the goal is to be the oldest slowest and least fun team in the league to watch I say go for it

I'm so sick of hearing this "core 4" term. 

edit:

One thing that was interesting in what Fizdale said yesterday --

Defensively, it’s the same system that got us to No. 1 in defense. It was just that I had committed young guys who were fighting for their life to stay in the NBA during that time. Now, I’ve got these veteran guys who I’ve got to prod to get them to do the job. So, yeah, people can call me stubborn and I think most head coaches are to a certain extent.

So, why did we go away from the young guys again? Why did we let Troy Williams go in favor of Toney Douglas? 

This is a matter of not playing the guys who give the most effort, but playing the guys with experience regardless of their effort.

Is it too late to bring in Jarell and play him on the perimeter?    I mean dude can't seriously be worse than all the other options already flaming out. 

I know its a longshot but Vince and Mike are starting to wear down from being the only credible perimeter threats on team. 

This team has more chance of stopping this walking dead zombie march they're on with Baldwin and Martin getting a few minutes off the bench than Ennis and them.  Even though Memphis has been (cough-cough) "gifted a potential superstar" with Ennis.

And maybe send Parsons to Iowa for a few of those no-defense games where he can put up 30 points and get his confidence back.  Then bring him back.  

I think cutting Williams for Douglas was one of the biggest mistakes. Williams added tons of hustle and high motor to the wing from a guy playing for his life. I think the good play of Ennis at the beginning of the year and Daniels shooting explosion really shut the door on Williams. Both of those guys confidence is shook right now which makes it feel like we are down 2 wing guys.

I also think Douglas should be eclipsed by Harrison at this point. Just give Harrison the reigns and live with the results because Doulgas is causing way too much damage out there.

I think cutting Williams for Douglas was one of the biggest mistakes. Williams added tons of hustle and high motor to the wing from a guy playing for his life. I think the good play of Ennis at the beginning of the year and Daniels shooting explosion really shut the door on Williams. Both of those guys confidence is shook right now which makes it feel like we are down 2 wing guys.

I also think Douglas should be eclipsed by Harrison at this point. Just give Harrison the reigns and live with the results because Doulgas is causing way too much damage out there.

I know Daniels isn't elite and has shortcomings but he IS a good shooter, we've seen it. Very hard for him to come in and play just a few minutes in the 4th and produce. Fizz then gave him a shot against ATL and he didn't do well. He'll probably only play garbage time from now on. 

Why do people keep assuming the Grizz will make the playoffs?

Well either way, if we do plan on making it to lifting a trophy it's a lot more likely to happen if we have him healthy and back to the old chandler.

And go figure I post promoting him and the same day they announce he's out for the season:/. I guess hopefully next season he will come out from the start ready to go.

why not try VC with core 4??

That worked tonight.   :)

I'm so sick of hearing this "core 4" term.

edit:

One thing that was interesting in what Fizdale said yesterday --

So, why did we go away from the young guys again? Why did we let Troy Williams go in favor of Toney Douglas?

This is a matter of not playing the guys who give the most effort, but playing the guys with experience regardless of their effort.

Well Fizdale didn't demote Troy Williams, the fo did.

Thanks for this quote though, interesting indeed.

So is this the rotation now?

Mike/Harrison

Tony/Daniels

Vince/Ennis

JaM/Zbo

Gasol/Wright

If so that is as balanced as we have been all season and only real question mark is backup PG/wing spots.   Which shouldn't be an issue because if push come to shove Harrison and Daniels roles can be shrunken during that time. 

So is this the rotation now?

Mike/Harrison

Tony/Daniels

Vince/Ennis

JaM/Zbo

Gasol/Vince

If so that is as balanced as we have been all season and only real question mark is backup PG/wing spots.   Which shouldn't be an issue because if push come to shove Harrison and Daniels roles can be shrunken during that time. 

Man, VC is doing great but I don't think we can rely on him as a backup C. :P

In the pivotal mins in the 4th Q, it was the Core 4 with VC. Core 4 actually played a decent amount of mins together yesterday, while the 5th player was either VC or TD. The Core 4 with a shooter is still the way to attain any PO success THIS season.

Next season, make the right moves so we don't always have to rely on this aging core. Heck Parsons might get healthy enough to help.

with chandler parson out of the picture i could see the grizzles starting to jell

Man, VC is doing great but I don't think we can rely on him as a backup C. :P

LOL i don't know man he is making me a believer!

Isn't that what we said last summer?

For the life of me I don't understand why everyone is holding on to this core 4 grit/grind thing.

Last summer the Core 4 didn't have two free agents who were in their mid 30s. Last year they couldn't "just walk." This summer they can but most people on the boards will cry when they do. They are old and they didn't brig a championship to Memphis but they brought a winning culture here which had never existed before.

Last summer the Core 4 didn't have two free agents who were in their mid 30s. Last year they couldn't "just walk." This summer they can but most people on the boards will cry when they do. They are old and they didn't brig a championship to Memphis but they brought a winning culture here which had never existed before.

I hope it lasts.

Fizdale had to try this, just so he knew. We weren't risking much re making the playoffs. 

Now he knows what Joerger already learned: the core want to play a certain way, and will not cooperate in anything else (yet). 

JamGreen fits because he's fine playing that way.  

Next year, Parsons should be healthy and Carter really has to think about cutting back, and who knows about Allen and ZBo. 

They'll HAVE to change. 

But I fear it won't work unless ZBo and TA are both gone or dialed way back. 

We'll be a different team, and maybe not as good, but it's inevitable. 

Training camp next year is going to be hard for some players as Fiz forces Parsons in and has to decide about TA and ZBo. 

And Baldwin, for that matter. 

I hope it lasts.

It boggles my mind that people just make statements as though the season is over before one playoff game that the grizzlies have played but they readily believe that the an old spurs team, warriors with a hurt kd, the clippers who haven't won anything, a rockets team that chokes every chance they get until they ran across a team that knew how to choke better than them, and a Utah team that barely won one game against us, all have a shot at the title, but the grizzlies are already done.

It irks me to no end, because you know in the playoffs if the grizzlies make a run they will be all like superfans again. lol

It boggles my mind that people just make statements as though the season is over before one playoff game that the grizzlies have played but they readily believe that the an old spurs team, warriors with a hurt kd, the clippers who haven't won anything, a rockets team that chokes every chance they get until they ran across a team that knew how to choke better than them, and a Utah team that barely won one game against us, all have a shot at the title, but the grizzlies are already done.

It irks me to no end, because you know in the playoffs if the grizzlies make a run they will be all like superfans again. lol

You mean like the way you act after every single win?

................................................Next year, Parsons should be healthy ............................................ ~ TimBC ~

After 3 knee surgeries in the last 3 years???     I doubt it!

Who are you speaking of?

I think the front office shut Parson down...no injury

Me too, the report was just an agreement with Parsons to save further embarrassment