Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhoyal

Enough With The Panic Driven Experimental Lineups Already

61 posts in this topic

Just put the five best guys out there.  This experimental lineup panic phase is a flop.  It has sapped all chemistry out of this team.  On top of that, it's made the team a drag to even watch.  It's distressing.

And whoever started a thread way back calling Ennis "a potential superstar" - ??  Really? Seriously?

Dude, we ain't GOT five best guys.

Dude, we ain't GOT five best guys.

True. And team apathy reigns

Well Fiz has said in his post game that he plans to start TA again now.

See this is just getting to be nonsense. Ennis needs more than 2 games to get back in rhythm.. So now not only he ****** off TA, after probably ******* off Ennis and the rest of the team, he pisses off them again.

Needs to do this in a better way

Well Fiz has said in his post game that he plans to start TA again now.

See this is just getting to be nonsense. Ennis needs more than 2 games to get back in rhythm.. So now not only he ****** off TA, after probably ******* off Ennis and the rest of the team, he pisses off them again.

Needs to do this in a better way

This is worrisome. Fizz seems to just go with whatever he feels is appropriate. The logical thing is to bench Parsons and either start Ennis or TD in his place. IMO TA should start along with Ennis or TD at the other wing spot.

Have Ennis start again and let him go!

He's shooting 14% from three since the all-star break.  He also shoots almost 10% worse from three when starting as opposed to coming in off the bench.

He's shooting 14% from three since the all-star break. He also shoots almost 10% worse from three when starting as opposed to coming in off the bench.

I think the team is screwed up by the pampering of Parsons, the benching of Allen, Randolph and Green and all the players confusion about their roles. It may make the team stronger later but right now it is frighteningly bad and horrible to watch.

I think the team is screwed up by the pampering of Parsons, the benching of Allen, Randolph and Green and all the players confusion about their roles. It may make the team stronger later but right now it is frighteningly bad and horrible to watch.

Do we bench Parson for the good of the team? Who starts? Who comes off the bench? Who's the odd man out?

Obviously Parsons is not going to the bench. We might as well move on from that idea.

174 minutes. That's how many minutes the Core 4 have been on the floor together all year.

So noone can possibly think rollin with them in startin lineup could be any worse than what we have out there now, we havent seen enough of them. It's time Fizz starts TA n Zbo for one last stretch, n come next year either they both accept lesser bench roles or they can go home to the Bulls n Pacers respectively.

Conley

Ennis or Harrison or Daniels

Allen

Randolph

Gasol

The Grizz finished Feb. at 11 games over .500

Then the close loss at Dallas started all the freaking out for this rookie coach.  And zero wins since.

The last win which put Grizz eleven games over .500, the following players played the most minutes:

Conley

Gasol

Randolph

Allen

Parsons

Not a misprint.  Parsons played the 5th most minutes with 23.  Maybe he is not the biggest problem but makes a convenient scapegoat.

174 minutes. That's how many minutes the Core 4 have been on the floor together all year.

So noone can possibly think rollin with them in startin lineup could be any worse than what we have out there now, we havent seen enough of them. It's time Fizz starts TA n Zbo for one last stretch, n come next year either they both accept lesser bench roles or they can go home to the Bulls n Pacers respectively.

Conley

Allen

Randolph

Gasol

BOOM!

But Fizz is a moron...ain't gonna happen

Obviously Parsons is not going to the bench. We might as well move on from that idea.

I may be one of the only people saying this but i will. I agree with the coaches in playing Parsons, and even their slow approach with him thru the entire season.

The entire plan with him was to bring him here and not force a fast back in action like happens often around the league. I'd rather not have a situation like Rose in Chicago where he continues to have issues from coming back before he's 100%. He's a great basketball player and if people think he's not then they clearly are just near sighted. He has the ability to turn this teams troubles into troubles for other teams when we get him back to his former self. I wanted to see better results like everyone else already, but in reality I look back to the original plan and that was to have him hopefully at peak at the start of playoffs.

So now that playoffs are approaching we need to have him out there as much as possible so he continues to gain his confidence back, and get conditioned to the pace of the NBA again.

I'm also aware the playoffs are around the corner, which is also another reason I believe he needs to be out there as much as possible. Like it or not, without him getting back to the Parsons of the past we will not be a team lifting a trophy anytime soon. We will not do it with anyone else on this roster filling his spot. That's the harsh reality of it, so let him work it out on the court. That's the only way, and I truly believe it'll pay off.

I may be one of the only people saying this but i will. I agree with the coaches in playing Parsons, and even their slow approach with him thru the entire season.

The entire plan with him was to bring him here and not force a fast back in action like happens often around the league. I'd rather not have a situation like Rose in Chicago where he continues to have issues from coming back before he's 100%. He's a great basketball player and if people think he's not then they clearly are just near sighted. He has the ability to turn this teams troubles into troubles for other teams when we get him back to his former self. I wanted to see better results like everyone else already, but in reality I look back to the original plan and that was to have him hopefully at peak at the start of playoffs.

So now that playoffs are approaching we need to have him out there as much as possible so he continues to gain his confidence back, and get conditioned to the pace of the NBA again.

I'm also aware the playoffs are around the corner, which is also another reason I believe he needs to be out there as much as possible. Like it or not, without him getting back to the Parsons of the past we will not be a team lifting a trophy anytime soon. We will not do it with anyone else on this roster filling his spot. That's the harsh reality of it, so let him work it out on the court. That's the only way, and I truly believe it'll pay off.

Why do people keep assuming the Grizz will make the playoffs?

Because a team 8 or 9 games below .500 catching a team 6 games over .500 will be hard to do in 16 games.

In other words the Grizz already have 36 wins. Teams like Mavs and Blazers are on a 36-37 win pace for the whole year.

Because a team 8 or 9 games below .500 catching a team 6 games over .500 will be hard to do in 16 games.

In other words the Grizz already have 36 wins. Teams like Mavs and Blazers are on a 36-37 win pace for the whole year.

But the Grizz keep losing and show no signs of winning. Portland and Dallas are are on a better pace now than a 36-37 one. Anything can happen in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Bullseye!

But the Grizz keep losing and show no signs of winning. Portland and Dallas are are on a better pace now than a 36-37 one. Anything can happen in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Grizzlies will easily be a .500 team. The chances Of Portland or Dallas (or Denver for that matter) are very low.

Because I saw last year's motley crew make it when they should have easily been passed.

Dallas and Portland are coming on, and anything is possible, but there is a reason why those teams are below .500. Both have 17 games left.

Dallas's remaining schedule has 10 games against teams > .500.

Portland's has 7.Plus some teams in their neighborhood like 3 games against Minnesota, and games with the Bucks, Knicks & Miami.

Because it doesn't make sense to assume they won't. They're not gonna lose the rest of their games and Portland/Dallas won't win the rest of their games.

So noone can possibly think rollin with them in startin lineup could be any worse than what we have out there now, we havent seen enough of them. It's time Fizz starts TA n Zbo for one last stretch, n come next year either they both accept lesser bench roles or they can go home to the Bulls n Pacers respectively.

Conley

Allen

Randolph

Gasol

Isn't that what we said last summer?

For the life of me I don't understand why everyone is holding on to this core 4 grit/grind thing.

TA and Zbo are not the problem nor the solution so I don't know why we keep going on and on about their roles.

Isn't that what we said last summer?

For the life of me I don't understand why everyone is holding on to this core 4 grit/grind thing.

So here is why IMHO. It is playoff time. It is not developmental time. It is not experimental time. The experimentation that is happening now and honestly that has been going on all season has not worked. Chemistry is shot and the team is not playing as a team. I think it is because TA and ZBO along with Mike and Marc (by association) are disjointed without each other. Is this what we want going forward? NO! But right now ZBO and TA are in a funk based on roles. I say put them all in together and either prove someone right or wrong and then move on. The only experiment that has not been tried is what many of us clamored for the last few years....the core four plus a shooter. Throw them out there with Daniels and let them see if they can be competitive. If not, we can all move on and maybe they will better except the roles they have now.

We have seen enough of the core 4 to know that Troy Daniels isn't good enough to mask their weaknesses. First off, you would almost certainly need a long athletic defensive three to help out in the paint. Second, you would need a shot creator on the perimeter cause they would still pack the paint off TA.

The core 4 would need Paul George, not Troy Daniels. Please stop.