Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael D

What Is Wrong With The Grizzlies?

296 posts in this topic

Its hilarious how they keep playin Conley as the main scorer like he's anywhere near as good as Westbrook or Isaiah Thomas right now. He needs to play point n keep the ball in his hands. Douglas n Harrison aren't good enough to have Conley play off ball this much.

I think westbrook is a better player than mike and marc combined.   Westbrook can carry a franchise.

There are a couple things i don't like about westbrook, but he is a baller.  Imo, the best in the nba this year.

I think westbrook is a better player than mike and marc combined.   Westbrook can carry a franchise.

There are a couple things i don't like about westbrook, but he is a baller.  Imo, the best in the nba this year.

Go to The Ringer site and read the article by Bill Simmons and you will have a better understanding as to why what Westbrook is doing is hurting his team.It's backed with a tons of historical data as to one man doing everything is bad for teams and always has been. Basketball is a team sport. You have to have everyone involved to be successful. Westbrook is single handedly ruining that franchise. His style of play has led to Durant leaving and the regression of multiple teams this year and in past years. Read the article. Simmons does a much better job of explaining it that I do. 

Bill Simmons....lmao.

So who on Okc should he be deferring to this season?

We need to have Gasol and Conley concentrate on becoming the alpha. I personally don't believe that's something that you learn, I think you just have it.

It was discussed even in years past with them. They both expressed how that's what even DJ asked of them. And I specifically remember when Conley responded that it's very difficult for him because that not the player he is or what was ever expected of him.

For instance, could you ever see a Russel Westbrook just hanging his head and taking the beating? FURTHERMORE, now take half of his skill away from him, youd still have that player coming out furious and ready to go refusing to roll over.

We need that fire! Because right now it's SOULY the fact that the players are in their own heads, hell even Chandler with his confidence. All it's going to take is for that one game to snap them out of it.

Many of us have been athletes, even if it's at a lowest of low levels. Everyone's been there, where nothing's going right and it snow balls. Hell it happens in everyday life as well, not even related to sports.

To me it's the same as waking up and literally things start off bad. Then everything else bad keeps happening, the smallest things keep messing up, you then get more and more frustrated. All the while you say to yourself "come on, I know what's going on and I'm causing this, just snap out of the negative".

It's something that's hard to explain, but all that's needed is a jolt. To me it needs to come from the alphas. Perhaps Tony will show up with his one of biggest asset to the team now that he's back in the starting lineup, which is the crazy man energy. That energy and confidence like he has when he tells people he doesn't need help on Steph and the end of the game! We need that energy one way or the other to get the others going, if it comes from Tony then so be it.

Bill Simmons....lmao.

So who on Okc should he be deferring to this season?

I don't know about "deferring" but teams are usually better when everyone is steadily involved in everything and then the star completely takes over when the team is struggling or in the 4th quarter during crunch. Westbrook dominates every part of the game all game.

I would say that is why Houston and Boston have been more successful this year despite not having a whole lot more talent around their star. Harden and IT trust their guys a little more.

Go to The Ringer site and read the article by Bill Simmons and you will have a better understanding as to why what Westbrook is doing is hurting his team.It's backed with a tons of historical data as to one man doing everything is bad for teams and always has been. Basketball is a team sport. You have to have everyone involved to be successful. Westbrook is single handedly ruining that franchise. His style of play has led to Durant leaving and the regression of multiple teams this year and in past years. Read the article. Simmons does a much better job of explaining it that I do. 

Bill Simmons is wrong. Westbrook is the single greatest combo guard I've ever seen. Better than Iverson and Wade. Better than Derrick Rose.

If there was one guy I would say that is clearly better than Conley it would be him.

Okc's other starters are 25,24, 23 and 20.

People over think things.  That roster is not good and it is not experienced.  

On the other hand...other than Clint Capella...Harden is the youngest starter and the 3 top bench guys are older than him also.

Boston's other starters are 30, 29, 26 and 26 with one a year removed from being an All-Star.

If you want to act like the situations are comparable be my guest.

Okc's other starters are 25,24, 23 and 20.

People over think things.  That roster is not good and it is not experienced.  

On the other hand...other than Clint Capella...Harden is the youngest starter and the 3 top bench guys are older than him also.

Boston's other starters are 30, 29, 26 and 26 with one a year removed from being an All-Star.

If you want to act like the situations are comparable be my guest.

Taj is at least 30 years old. Oladipo and Adams are in their 4th year. They all have experience.

As far as the rockets are concerned, Pat Beverly and Harden have chemistry because they have been playing together a long time. Ariza also has been a fixture on that team.

The grizzlies have never been a good regular season team, and they have had a long of issues they have had to deal with in 2 years, so I would not be quick to judge how great the rockets are or okc. compared to the grizzlies. It isn't a matter of talent it is more an issue of chemistry right now.

So why does Westbrook need to grab double digit boards when Adams and Kanter are up front?

Yes he is stat padding and anyone who thinks it isn't impacting his team improving isn't thinking.

Adams, Kanter, Oladipo and Roberson are young but they aren't exactly rookies and none are low IQ players. They can be used more.

If there was one guy I would say that is clearly better than Conley it would be him.

What's wrong with the Grizz? Watch the Cavs and Rockets playing now. We have so much to do to improve our roster that it's embarassing.

So why does Westbrook need to grab double digit boards when Adams and Kanter are up front?

So everyone will ignore his high turnover rate.

Say what you will but starting a 36 year old SG that CANT shoot and has lost his elite defender status is NOT a winning formula. It all boils down to Wallace failing to get what we need and driving CORE4 down out throat. 

Bill Simmons is wrong. Westbrook is the single greatest combo guard I've ever seen. Better than Iverson and Wade. Better than Derrick Rose.

Did you even read the article? He praises Westbrook. He just uses statistical analysis to show how every time a player has had such high useage rates that his team has struggled. The article is about his style of play, not his ability. So  how is he wrong? He has statistics to back it up. Even Kobe and Jordan's teams struggled when their useage rates got too high. And Westbrook is so far beyond them; that is why it seems all of the players on his team regress.

As for Westbrook being the one guy you would say is "clearly better" than Conley, you must never heard of Steph Curry or Chris Paul. I could have listed another 25 players since you just said "one guy," but I limited it to PGs and guys that if you argued against would show you have no clue. I could even list more PGs that I feel are better. But I just limited it to the easy ones.

Say what you will but starting a 36 year old SG that CANT shoot and has lost his elite defender status is NOT a winning formula. It all boils down to Wallace failing to get what we need and driving CORE4 down out throat.

TA just turned 35 in Jan. TA can still be very good especially if the other wing can be an offensive threat. Without Parsons it's a possibility this season.

Next season, if we retain TA, he needs to be a bench player. Hopefully we can get a solid wing player or someone like Ennis or maybe even TD improves well enough to be a starter.

When Andrew Harrison and Tony Allen shoot the 2nd best percentage on the team another disappointing loss can't be far behind.

Chris Wallace used to tell me shooting is the one thing that can be developed in the NBA. Perhaps it is time to reevaluate that belief.

When Andrew Harrison and Tony Allen shoot the 2nd best percentage on the team another disappointing loss can't be far behind.

You can get away with old and slow if you have shooters. We don't. And at 38% from deep, TD doesn't count as one. 

Chris Wallace used to tell me shooting is the one thing that can be developed in the NBA. Perhaps it is time to reevaluate that belief.

Maybe it's time to evaluate Chris Wallace.