JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

Yep, we are almost four months away from the Draft and the Free Agency, but considering that there is not a lot to talk about in the boards, I guess we could start with the next season draft/free agency topic.

We have no picks as the only pick we could have had is a second rounder from Miami protected from selections 41-60. But I see us moving Martin for a early second round pick.

In Free Agency: Carter, Allen, Z-Bo are free agents and JaMychal is a RFA. I see us resigning Z-Bo and Carter, not so sure about Allen at all.

Martin isnt really worth a crap right now on the trade market. If they cut him right now he would have to fight for a NBA roster spot.

The draft isn't even worth thinking about. Only looking forward to Rade Zagorac coming over and hopefully our young guys developing next summer. Curious to see how we'll look to upgrade SG with Tony Allen probably (and hopefully) being gone.

I would be shocked if Wallace didn't bring back Zbo and TA. They're going to be hailed as our big free agency pickups

If we bring back Randolph and Allen then I will head down to the FedEx Forum and protest. There is absolutely no reason why they should be back in Memphis in the fall. They are both in their mid-30's.

There is only one player that I'm interested in the draft and that is Luke Kornet from Vanderbilt. He set an NCAA record for most three-pointers from a 7 footer. 

Let's be honest. Best case scenario our front office will make an extremely short-sighted move. Worst case scenario we will do nothing.

Exactly. We are gonna pay them. Probably won't be able to keep JaM.

Thats why we should have made a trade or two and got TJones instead he's gonna be much cheaper but he is good with a PER of 19 this season

I would be shocked if Wallace didn't bring back Zbo and TA. They're going to be hailed as our big free agency pickups

I'm cool with we keep Zbo for another year or two. But its time to move on from Tony

I'm cool with we keep Zbo for another year or two. But its time to move on from Tony

TA should have been traded at the deadline

I can already picture this.

Let's be honest. Best case scenario our front office will make an extremely short-sighted move. Worst case scenario we will do nothing.

Wrong-o.  Doing nothing is better than a short-sighted move. 

But not much.

This might be the worst year ever for our lack of options to really hurt. 

Next season we will have no TA (probably), a bit less Zach, a bit less Carter, maybe no JaM.

Parsons will be better,  Harrison and Baldwin *might* be able to play in the league. 

We'll be a three-man team (MC, MG, CP) with below-average supporters. 

Maybe one more year of scraping into the playoffs. 

We have to go down before the basketball gods will grant us any luck. 

Other teams get undrafted guys who turn into soild players, we get real picks who scrub out. 

Looks as if we still have our first-round pick in 2018, but it will be middle-of-the-pack.

If I read it right, we keep our 2019 first-rounder if it's 1-14, which is certainly possible.  

That's the year we turn it around. 

But Gasol will be 34 and Conley 31 .... 

Ugh. 

BIG PROBLEM we draft between 21-26 thats a Dleague players  2 we are a small market so we over over pay

idk , maybe we could find a way to get josh hart .  our FO is awful so i don't expect anything great . more awfulness spun into "big moves" 

I would offer ZBo a 3/yr 18 mil contract with a team option on year 3 with him being a bench player the whole time.

I would let TA, Carter, and Douglas go.

I would quickly sign Rade and Troy Williams to the team.

Then take a look at vet backup PGs: Chalmers, Jennings, Calderon, Stuckey.

And add another big: Terrence Jones, Ersan Ilyasova, Speights.

Everything hinges on Jam. I can see the team throwing a lot of money at him to "keep their guys" but I'm also intrigued at the idea of putting Wright at that starting PF spot. Then you could go after a starting SG like JJ Redick.

Conley/VET/Baldwin

Redick/Daniels/TWilliams

Parsons/Ennis/Rade

Wright/ZBo/Martin

Gasol/VET/Davis

ZBo will get 2-3 years at $10 million per year with last year being team option with buyout. He's worth that with cap increase. Depends on what JAM gets though. JAM falling back to normal. Will need a spectacular playoff to get value up.

ZBo will get 2-3 years at $10 million per year with last year being team option with buyout. He's worth that with cap increase. Depends on what JAM gets though. JAM falling back to normal. Will need a spectacular playoff to get value up.

Yeah with a rising cap Zbo isnt getting his paycut. I could see him getting the same thing.

I would offer ZBo a 3/yr 18 mil contract with a team option on year 3 with him being a bench player the whole time.

I would let TA, Carter, and Douglas go.

I would quickly sign Rade and Troy Williams to the team.

Then take a look at vet backup PGs: Chalmers, Jennings, Calderon, Stuckey.

And add another big: Terrence Jones, Ersan Ilyasova, Speights.

Everything hinges on Jam. I can see the team throwing a lot of money at him to "keep their guys" but I'm also intrigued at the idea of putting Wright at that starting PF spot. Then you could go after a starting SG like JJ Redick.

Conley/VET/Baldwin

Redick/Daniels/TWilliams

Parsons/Ennis/Rade

Wright/ZBo/Martin

Gasol/VET/Davis

If Randolph will continue to come off the bench I think he is worth keeping, depending on the price, of course.

I appreciate what TA and VC have done for us, but if they are not resigned and are replaced with some promising players I won't complain.  Douglas too.

I don't know why you would "quickly" sign any players who have proven nothing.  If they show something in Summer League or training camp, okay, maybe then if there are not better prospects available.

Chalmers might be done after his injury.  Calderon is too much of a defensive liability.  IDK about Stuckey, and you have to wonder why Jennings can't seem to stick anywhere.  I'm gonna hope that Harrison and Baldwin make considerable improvements.

I could live with those bigs, but I would hope to see some development from Deyonte.  We need some more athleticism in our frontcourt.

Harrison didn't make your list but he's still under contract for two more.

Z-Bo is absolutely worth keeping. He has done everything asked of him and has expressed his desire to retire a Grizzly. With all he's done for the franchise, and with how well he's accepted his new role, he deserves an extension.

I cannot say the same for Tony Allen. I'm completely fine with developing Rade Zagorac or Troy Williams as his replacement.

Thats why we should have made a trade or two and got TJones instead he's gonna be much cheaper but he is good with a PER of 19 this season

I wonder what he will go for this offseason. I also wonder what a guy like Patrick Patterson will make.

Too early for this. But I would resign Allen ONLY if he's willing to be a bench player. Aside from that too early to think what else the team should do.

I wonder what he will go for this offseason. I also wonder what a guy like Patrick Patterson will make.

He still may not go for that much, esp if Bucks miss the playoffs, they are already close to the cap with no big money guys comming off contract.

I think JaM will go for more than both those guys. The question is, is that gonna be us that signs him? I just see a lot of money being tied up in 4 guys, not leaving much for any improvements to the 2nd unit

If Zbo wants 10, I'd go with a 2 year contract, maybe even team option on the second year.

Proof i totally agree with you but if we sign Zbo 30+/3 and if we sign Tony, we are basically letting JaM walk, and saying we aint gonna change nothing until the wheels completely fall off.

What would you think about that?