JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I think that would be a very cheap band aid but might work with the offensive focus being Marc, Mike, Chandler. We just really need a 4 that can rebound and shoot the 3 at a decent clip. I think the focus on more offense over defense is upon us.

I also like the idea of Patrick Patterson too as a cheap option.

Two other names that might work if we lose Jam would be Ersan Ilyasova and Serge Ibaka.

You are leaving out Jams ability to guard smaller players that's very important 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamychal is good and important to us. He isn't 20 million good. If you are making that kind of money, you better be good enough to be in all-star discussions. Green will never even be considered for an all star game. He's not even as good as Tristan Thompson, whom most people feel is overpaid at $15 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Jamychal is good and important to us. He isn't 20 million good. If you are making that kind of money, you better be good enough to be in all-star discussions. Green will never even be considered for an all star game. He's not even as good as Tristan Thompson, whom most people feel is overpaid at $15 million.

Tristan Thompson is probably the best offensive rebounder in the NBA right now

He's a game changer on the glass.

Jamychal otoh is a high end role player with great versatility but not elite at anything, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Jamychal is good and important to us. He isn't 20 million good. If you are making that kind of money, you better be good enough to be in all-star discussions. Green will never even be considered for an all star game. He's not even as good as Tristan Thompson, whom most people feel is overpaid at $15 million.

TT is worth 15 million on a 102 million dollar cap and 120 tax line. JAM would only get 20 based on potential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guillermo said:

Tristan Thompson is probably the best offensive rebounder in the NBA right now

On the ORPG numbers, he's tied for #5 behind Drummond, Howard, Gobert & Whiteside.
But yeah, he's not JaM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246097/Blazers-Willing-To-Attach-First-Round-Pick-To-Dump-Salary

Great opportunity. 

Get Evan Turner and their 20 and 26, Baldwin/Ennis/Wright maybe throw a pick in their favor. 

Turner is only Ok but he can be that ball-handling guy MC needs next to him coming of the bench; he can also play 3 positions

Draft Bam Adebayo and PJ Dozier.

Sign Monroe as Jam replacement, bring back Zbo and TA  on vets minimum contracts.

MC/Harrison

Selden/Daniels/TA/Dozier

Parsons/Turner/Zagorac

Monroe/Zbo/Adebayo/Martin

Gasol/Davis

I would still hope they trade Marc and shake things, but I cant see that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Boston wants to win now and go for the championship next season, they need a big man not a SF, and after hearing what Danny Ainge said recently, I think Marc Gasol is the guy they need. He should be a better fit and give them a better chance than Butler or George. Get Gasol and move Horford to the 4 would give them one of the best frontcourt in the league. So I wonder if Boston and MEM will have trade talk about Gasol and their #1 pick. BOS has a lot to offer, but to make it a reasonable deal for both sides I would want their #1 pick this year and get back our 2019 1st round pick and we also get to clear a lot of cap room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The package you could go after is Marc + Ennis for  BOS #1 + our 2019 pick + Avery Bradley + Marcus Smart + Crowder.

I wouldn't take anything less.

You would then have to find a starting center though. Not a lot of options out there in the FA class that we could afford unless you think Wright and Davis can handle it. This would be the opportunity for Davis to make the jump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

The package you could go after is Marc + Ennis for  BOS #1 + our 2019 pick + Avery Bradley + Marcus Smart + Crowder.

I wouldn't take anything less.

You would then have to find a starting center though. Not a lot of options out there in the FA class that we could afford unless you think Wright and Davis can handle it. This would be the opportunity for Davis to make the jump.

Not happening. That proposal is actually kinda insane and pretty unreasonable. Who would give up 3 starters, a number one pick, and our own pick for a borderline NBA player and a big man in the wrong side of 30? C'mon man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our pick, (2018 Jersey 1st or Jaylen Brown), Tyler Zeller, Jordan Mickey, Ante Zizic for Marc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grizball said:

If Boston wants to win now and go for the championship next season, they need a big man not a SF, and after hearing what Danny Ainge said recently, I think Marc Gasol is the guy they need. He should be a better fit and give them a better chance than Butler or George. Get Gasol and move Horford to the 4 would give them one of the best frontcourt in the league. So I wonder if Boston and MEM will have trade talk about Gasol and their #1 pick. BOS has a lot to offer, but to make it a reasonable deal for both sides I would want their #1 pick this year and get back our 2019 1st round pick and we also get to clear a lot of cap room.

That front court won't beat GS or any other small ball team. You would have very little rim protection with those two as your bigs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

Our pick, (2018 Jersey 1st or Jaylen Brown), Tyler Zeller, Jordan Mickey, Ante Zizic for Marc.

 

Yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

You would then have to find a starting center though.  

If they had Gasol and Horford they could let us have Olynyk to play C. 
Fairly tough, can shoot the 3, but can be inconsistent. (So he'd fit right in)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Tolliver got waived. Kings might also be waiving Arron affalo

If that's true i would be super interested in acquiring Affalo.   If he is waived can't we sign him for the minimum?  Dude is only 31yrs old and proven starting SG level.   I believe he has some secondary playmaker abilities and has been a solid defender over his career.   I'd be willing to sacrifice Tony and Vince to pick him up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can "good hands" be something that is worked on over the summer? I highly doubt it. But that's the main thing holding back Jam Green. He doesn't have much of a handle, and he's terrible catching the ball in traffic. If he had Zbo's hands, $20 mil sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If Jam or Zbo leave would bringin back Willie Reed at the mle interest anyone?‎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cdp said:
If Jam or Zbo leave would bringin back Willie Reed at the mle interest anyone?‎

I think willie reed is gonna get more than the MLE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everybody wants to give up on marc for what he isn't, but hell what he is is better than Jaylon Brown will every be.

people at one time wanted to trade Marc for Dante Exum. because of course every young high first round pick is the next kobe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

everybody wants to give up on marc for what he isn't, but hell what he is is better than Jaylon Brown will every be.

people at one time wanted to trade Marc for Dante Exum. because of course every young high first round pick is the next kobe.

I wanted to trade Marc so we wouldn't stupidly pay Conley which led to us stupidly pay Parsons for a mediocre team with no potential.

So trading Marc is on that same line of thinking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now