JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

188 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

We interviewed kyle kuzma

Also interviewed Alec Peters. Looks like we are looking at players with stretch 4 potential

On 5/17/2017 at 4:25 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

Crowder would be an incredible value at about $7 mm a year.

Ditto on Rozier and Smart.  

It makes getting them impossible.

It's not like when the Clips were to draft Blake and unloaded an expensive PF in Zach Randolph.  They couldn't sign guys that good for that little.

On 5/17/2017 at 7:02 PM, Ndq0327 said:

He's not gonna want to come here and sit behind Parsons though and Parsons will be the starter next season. 

I didn't clarify that very well.

Because Crowder will be such an incredible value at $7 mm, it will be very hard to get him away from the Celtics.

I should have written: It makes getting any of them (nearly) impossible.

celtics did not want to include crowder in package for Blake Griffin

8 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Also interviewed Alec Peters. Looks like we are looking at players with stretch 4 potential

Well that should just about do it for Martin though I was really hoping they be more interested in a guard that can score. 

I like Josh Hart and Tyler Dorsey

7 hours ago, MemphisX said:

celtics did not want to include crowder in package for Blake Griffin

That may have been more about Blake than Crowder.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

That may have been more about Blake than Crowder.

Doesn't matter. It means short of Gasol, we have zero that would induce them the trade Crowder.

34 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Doesn't matter. It means short of Gasol, we have zero that would induce them the trade Crowder.

Yeah true but thats not saying much considering our lack of assets. We have very few attractive rotational pieces to a playoff team. 

I wonder if 

4 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Well that should just about do it for Martin though I was really hoping they be more interested in a guard that can score. 

I like Josh Hart and Tyler Dorsey

I wonder if we try to poach Marcus Smart from BOS that seems like CW thing to do.   I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge makes him available.   Would Smart be someone ya'll would be interested in?

41 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I wonder if 

I wonder if we try to poach Marcus Smart from BOS that seems like CW thing to do.   I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge makes him available.   Would Smart be someone ya'll would be interested in?

Smart and the #1 pick for Gasol? Maybe. We need to move him while he has value. He will never be worth more than now and has maybe 1-2 years of play at this level. Sell high and he will not go higher. The top of this draft is PG heavy though.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I wonder if 

He has the tools and size to be a good defender but I wonder if his scoring will ever come around.  

2 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Smart and the #1 pick for Gasol? Maybe. We need to move him while he has value. He will never be worth more than now and has maybe 1-2 years of play at this level. Sell high and he will not go higher. The top of this draft is PG heavy though.

Well thats way too high for Marc. Maybe you could trade him to Sacramento for their pic and some young pieces. 

Dumping Wright's salary and renouncing Zach's bird rights would give us much needed cap relief, but that would make too much sense for Wallace.

There is no place for Wright on this team. He was even bitching about his role during his exit interview, which is comical because the guy has been broken basically the entire time he's been here.

He's one of those Jeff Green types that teams will always give up something to get because of what he could be. So just get the best pick you can for him and move on.

1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

Yeah use Wright to get a pick. We have no picks, right?

Last time Wright was traded he basically played the whole year and I tgink he was traded for a 2nd round pick.

Why would he have any value after basically sitting for 2 years?

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Last time Wright was traded he basically played the whole year and I tgink he was traded for a 2nd round pick.

Why would he have any value after basically sitting for 2 years?

Because it's a 2nd round pick.

Birdman was traded for a 2nd at the deadline. Kendall Marshall was traded for a 2nd. Neither are currently in the league.

Wright has plenty of value.

37 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Because it's a 2nd round pick.

Birdman was traded for a 2nd at the deadline. Kendall Marshall was traded for a 2nd. Neither are currently in the league.

Wright has plenty of value.

Birdman was traded for a protected second round pick. Probably trash.  The Jazz were sending away Tibor Pleiss contract for Marshall, not really trading for Marshall since they waived him immediately.

Again Wright doesnt play. How could a guy who never plays have "plenty of value?" We are talking several years of missing tons of games not one or two. If he doesnt play yet again I guarantee his next deal will be league minimum and probably not guaranteed.

9 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

I think you could get a 2nd for Wright. 

Not one in the upper portion.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Not one in the upper portion.

Who cares what pick it is. The initial statement was dumping Wright's salary. And there could be plenty of suitors because he signed for the old MLE.

Zach's ending his career is Portland. I've always felt that way and him wearing a Blazers hat last week just furthers my belief.

PJ Dozier should be our guy, we should went in a trade to get him. Adebayo is also a introguing prospect, maybe we can get those Blazers picks.

18 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

I think you could get a 2nd for Wright. 

I would love to move on from wright. Plus, early second round picks have many great players coming from that draft slot every year now. It is clear that there are usually talent 42 deep or more. Also I hope the grizzlies are aggressive on undrafted players after the draft.