JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

I think the draft is top heavy.  But if we could get into the second round I would go after Tyler Dorsey from Oregon we desperately  need a combo guard that can score.  Both Wade and Harrison  could fit the combo guard bill but neither can score at this stage. 

I doubt we get into the draft unless its to take a foreign  players we have too many young guys right now. 

6 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

If Frank Jackson drops into the second round I would like to to trade to get him

He was the only other combo guard worth thinking about in the bottom end of the first top end of the second. 

I just want them to focus on getting players that can immediately  contribute I'm not to interested in players with potential  anymore. 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

1) Celtics

2) Lakers

3) 76ers

Gimme a ******* break.

Doesn't really matter if I were the Celtics Id trade the pick they don't really need anymore young players see if they can finish the jimmy Butler deal. 

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Doesn't really matter if I were the Celtics Id trade the pick they don't really need anymore young players see if they can finish the jimmy Butler deal. 

They won't be getting past LeBron no matter what they do. At least not for a few years.

50 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think the draft is top heavy.  But if we could get into the second round I would go after Tyler Dorsey from Oregon we desperately  need a combo guard that can score.  Both Wade and Harrison  could fit the combo guard bill but neither can score at this stage. 

I doubt we get into the draft unless its to take a foreign  players we have too many young guys right now. 

i'm gonna say we end up with bos 2nds somehow .

8 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

They should go after Paul George.

can't see boston moving the number one pick ,  they have 3 2nds this year , bos and nets 1st next year along with our 1st, clips 1st along with a handful of 2nds .

On 5/15/2017 at 10:20 AM, BHZMAFIA said:

I'm not really sure why people are so enamored with Terrence Jones. He doesn't stretch the floor enough and he's lost a lot of athleticism due to injuries. Would I like him as a backup? Sure. But, I don't consider a Green replacement. 

He should come at a cheap price since he continually gets cut around the league. I don't think anyone wants him so it can be a player we sign with an exception if we are over the cap. 

If they sign Hayward would they move Crowder for Jam?

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

If they sign Hayward would they move Crowder for Jam?

maybe we could get Crowder and Rozier 

On 5/16/2017 at 2:41 PM, New_Sacred_Cow said:

If they think Parsons can be a key piece then Ross + Augustin clears 17 million off their books from those two players. Wright and Martin would be expiring contracts for them. Plus they are about to clear 15 million off their books from Jeff Green. So financially it would put them in a good spot if they feel Parsons is worth the risk.

Augustin is 4 yr/7.5 mil per and Ross is 3 yr/10 million per. They still have their big FA signing Biyombo for a starting center position plus they would be adding in Wright. That is a very versatile couple of bigs. Also, they need to start thinking on cap space since they have some key guys coming up on FA in Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton.

This would give them more flexibility to help develop their extremely young team. I think Augustin and Ross can be usable players for us and Vucevic would free up a Marc trade to get you a key playmaker/scorer for Conley.

Don't you think they could get more for Vucevic than a salary dump, that really isn't a salary dump? If they took on Parsons, they would clear an extra $7 million or so after Wright and Martin expire. Surely Vucevic has more value than that. Also, do you think anyone would be willing to gamble on Parsons right now? I don't. I think he is currently the worst contract in the NBA.

2 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

maybe we could get Crowder and Rozier 

Of they draft a pg and sign Hayward then you would have to think Crowder and either Smart or Rozier would be available.  

Id try and get Rozier but Parsons makes getting Crowder impossible. 

Crowder would be an incredible value at about $7 mm a year.

Ditto on Rozier and Smart.  

It makes getting them impossible.

It's not like when the Clips were to draft Blake and unloaded an expensive PF in Zach Randolph.  They couldn't sign guys that good for that little.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Crowder would be an incredible value at about $7 mm a year.

Ditto on Rozier and Smart.  

It makes getting them impossible.

It's not like when the Clips were to draft Blake and unloaded an expensive PF in Zach Randolph.  They couldn't sign guys that good for that little.

He's not gonna want to come here and sit behind Parsons though and Parsons will be the starter next season. 

10 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

What would be offering them?

no idea but those two could easily be on the move ,  maybe a 3rd team takes wright and 2nds and sends bos a 1st  and we get rozier & crowder . , maybe portland  they have 3 1st and some salary they wouldn't mind moving . i also think bos would love a dude like ZBO if we wanna keep Jam .

3 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

no idea but those two could easily be on the move ,  maybe a 3rd team takes wright and 2nds and sends bos a 1st  and we get rozier & crowder . , maybe portland  they have 3 1st and some salary they wouldn't mind moving . i also think bos would love a dude like ZBO if we wanna keep Jam .

Boston values those two guys a lot more than you think.

6 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

You think we would be the only team wanting those guys? No doubt whatever we could offer other teams could top. Plus I don't see Boston trading Crowder even if they sign a wing. It takes depth to win a title. Crowder is an amazing value on that contract. Rozier might be available. But again, I can't see us having the best (or even a decent offer) for him.

General question. Say the Nets do a very Nets thing and give Jam an offer at 15mil per year. Could we match, then do a sign and trade with them?

5 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

General question. Say the Nets do a very Nets thing and give Jam an offer at 15mil per year. Could we match, then do a sign and trade with them?

I could be wrong but I think you have to work the sign and trade before they sign the offer sheet. I think once they sign the offer sheet it is match or don't match and if you match, can't trade to that team for a certain period of time.

44 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I could be wrong but I think you have to work the sign and trade before they sign the offer sheet. I think once they sign the offer sheet it is match or don't match and if you match, can't trade to that team for a certain period of time.

Sounds right. Motiejunas signed a Nets offer sheet last year, the Rockets matched - then released him, and the Nets still couldn't sign him for 1 year because of the offer sheet signing.

21 hours ago, The_PROOF said:

Parsons will be a Grizzly next season, I guarantee that.

God, I hope I'm wrong. 

Medical retirement is our only hope.