JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

188 posts in this topic

Ben Mclemore ? haven't really watched him . has he improved  ?

31 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Ben Mclemore ? haven't really watched him . has he improved  ?

He got very little playing time with Joerger. Reasonable D but not much involved in O, could be the schemes their running. Problem is he is restricted and his current salary owed is $4mil so itd probably requirw a QO of 8 or more for Kings to walk away. If we are gonna keep JaM @ 12 or more we wont be able to get much else at those prices.

And at $8mil it starts to become high risk. 

To me the best value/lowest risk to get TJones for $2-3 mil, move Wright to free up salary. Maybe Zbo doesnt stay?

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

He got very little playing time with Joerger. Reasonable D but not much involved in O, could be the schemes their running. Problem is he is restricted and his current salary owed is $4mil so itd probably requirw a QO of 8 or more for Kings to walk away. If we are gonna keep JaM @ 12 or more we wont be able to get much else at those prices.

And at $8mil it starts to become high risk. 

To me the best value/lowest risk to get TJones for $2-3 mil, move Wright to free up salary. Maybe Zbo doesnt stay?

What makes you think a veteran like Jones, who has produced in the past, is going to be had so cheaply?

Because he can't stick on any team he goes to

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lv8jwxg

Draft PJ Dozier and  B  Adebayo. I'm really high on the Dozier kid, he can be a playmaker that we need who could play pg/sg/sf; Adebayo is a Biyombo/Ibaka kind prospect and we need that.

Sign Simmons, Jam, TA, Zbo and Chalmers. Chalmers, TA and Zbo should be obtainable with above vet minimum contracts, use your money on Simmons and Jam , since we dont have much money I tend to believe we should expend it on 2 players than on 1 that could be injuried and not contribute.

MC/Harrison/Chalmers

Simmons/Daniels/Dozier

Turner/Ennis/TA

Jam/Zbo/Martin

Gasol/Davis/Adebayo

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What makes you think a veteran like Jones, who has produced in the past, is going to be had so cheaply?

He originally was signed to Houston for very low money, picked up by Pelicans as a FA at begining of the season for vet min, then waived by Pelicans at trade deadline, picked up by Bucks , then waived after a few games, and then not picked up by another team. His salary at both Pelicans and Bucks was approx.980K.

On this one would have to conclude that, barring offers from 2 or more NBA teams, he can be had very cheaply for a one year deal (to reestablish his value like James Johnson now has)

I'm not really sure why people are so enamored with Terrence Jones. He doesn't stretch the floor enough and he's lost a lot of athleticism due to injuries. Would I like him as a backup? Sure. But, I don't consider a Green replacement. 

He should come at a cheap price since he continually gets cut around the league. I don't think anyone wants him so it can be a player we sign with an exception if we are over the cap. 

11 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

He originally was signed to Houston for very low money, picked up by Pelicans as a FA at begining of the season for vet min, then waived by Pelicans at trade deadline, picked up by Bucks , then waived after a few games, and then not picked up by another team. 

This sounds like the first half of Hasheem Thabeet's "career"

28 minutes ago, BHZMAFIA said:

I'm not really sure why people are so enamored with Terrence Jones. He doesn't stretch the floor enough and he's lost a lot of athleticism due to injuries. Would I like him as a backup? Sure. But, I don't consider a Green replacement. 

He should come at a cheap price since he continually gets cut around the league. I don't think anyone wants him so it can be a player we sign with an exception if we are over the cap. 

I forgot about his injuries that would explain why his defense hasn't held up.  I am firmly in the camp of resigning JaMyke and letting him continue to develop under Fiz.  Hopefully another summer with Jarrell and Fiz can figure out how to use him too. 

How about a Wright/Harrison trade to LA for Nick Young/Future 2nd, or just simply a Wright/Young swap?

It's a 1-year deal. He'll be the best wing scorer by far on this team. He replaces Zach as the 6th man, or he can be insurance to start if whomever we throw out at SG struggles. Plus he'll play hard for Fizz because Fizz is a great communicator.

Young could've been gotten for a 2nd rounder at the deadline apparently. Now that he's on a player option he'd be crazy to pick it up. Would be a nice FA pickup tho.

5 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

How about a Wright/Harrison trade to LA for Nick Young/Future 2nd, or just simply a Wright/Young swap?

It's a 1-year deal. He'll be the best wing scorer by far on this team. He replaces Zach as the 6th man, or he can be insurance to start if whomever we throw out at SG struggles. Plus he'll play hard for Fizz because Fizz is a great communicator.

One of the only reasonable trade proposals I've seen

15 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Would you guys rather go get a combo guard or wing player

Me I'd go for a SG who can score rather than a wing. We have Parsons Ennis maybe Vince maybe Seldon who can fit that role. But if we had Swaggy or a Lou Williams type, Harrison can also fill in and take some mins while Mike rests. We need to get Mike some help/threat in the back court

On 5/14/2017 at 9:17 PM, Once_a_hater said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lv8jwxg

Draft PJ Dozier and  B  Adebayo. I'm really high on the Dozier kid, he can be a playmaker that we need who could play pg/sg/sf; Adebayo is a Biyombo/Ibaka kind prospect and we need that.

Sign Simmons, Jam, TA, Zbo and Chalmers. Chalmers, TA and Zbo should be obtainable with above vet minimum contracts, use your money on Simmons and Jam , since we dont have much money I tend to believe we should expend it on 2 players than on 1 that could be injuried and not contribute.

MC/Harrison/Chalmers

Simmons/Daniels/Dozier

Turner/Ennis/TA

Jam/Zbo/Martin

Gasol/Davis/Adebayo

Simmons is a RFA with the Spurs, and that means two things.

1. We have to offer him so much money that the Spurs don't think it is worth it to match & re-sign him.  

2. It seems like there is a history of teams signing Spurs free agents that have done well there, and disappointed everywhere else they have gone, or at least, gone way down in productivity.

I think people need to forget about Simmons for both those reasons.

Agreed

I can't wait until we bring in some players in for some workouts. With who we bring in will tell us if we going to make a move to get a pick

14 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Me I'd go for a SG who can score rather than a wing. We have Parsons Ennis maybe Vince maybe Seldon who can fit that role. But if we had Swaggy or a Lou Williams type, Harrison can also fill in and take some mins while Mike rests. We need to get Mike some help/threat in the back court

Yep we need a bonafide scorer and it doesn't matter if its a combo, SG, or SF.   Just somebody on the perimeter that can create buckets with Conley.  

Interesting situation in Denver with Faried....he's losing minutes, makes 12.5ish, and is a good rebounder/defender at the 4 spot. We could let try to talk them into Parsons for Faried(they have the space)...it would free up a logjam at the 4 for them and give them the possibility of a high level scorer if he ever gets back. It gives us cap relief and a starting 4 who can rebound and defend better than JAM to go along with Gasol.

I seriously doubt they'd do it but maybe we could talk them into taking a flyer on Parsons? They are the only team I could find where it would be possible.

It also gives us space to go after a scoring 2/3

9 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Interesting situation in Denver with Faried....he's losing minutes, makes 12.5ish, and is a good rebounder/defender at the 4 spot. We could let try to talk them into Parsons for Faried(they have the space)...it would free up a logjam at the 4 for them and give them the possibility of a high level scorer if he ever gets back. It gives us cap relief and a starting 4 who can rebound and defend better than JAM to go along with Gasol.

I seriously doubt they'd do it but maybe we could talk them into taking a flyer on Parsons? They are the only team I could find where it would be possible.

Only issue with that is Denver has tons of wings and Gallo is a FA if they don't plan on bringing him back why would they take on another sf with injury issues at an even higher price. 

I think Orlando could be a good trade partner for Chandler they will have cap space and we know that he was on the old GMs radar. 

Orlando has a couple interesting pieces but nothing that would put us over the top. We need a scoring playmaker next to Mike so there would have to be a 3rd team.

I know they will never trade Marc but here is a pipe dream:

Parsons/Wright/Martin for Vucevic/Ross/Augustin then try to move Marc for Paul George or Carmelo Anthony. You would then have Vucevic at starting C who can fill in points and rebounds, Ross can be a bench scorer, then either George or Anthony gives you a real superstar next to Conley to share the scoring threat.

2 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

1). I don't see anyone taking back Parsons. If they will and we don't have to take back a larger contract, do it.

2). I don't watch many Denver games, but all the basketball writers I follow on Twitter always talk about Faried as a horrendous defender, which is why he is losing minutes despite his ability to rebound and bring energy to a team.

1 minute ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Orlando has a couple interesting pieces but nothing that would put us over the top. We need a scoring playmaker next to Mike so there would have to be a 3rd team.

I know they will never trade Marc but here is a pipe dream:

Parsons/Wright/Martin for Vucevic/Ross/Augustin then try to move Marc for Paul George or Carmelo Anthony. You would then have Vucevic at starting C who can fill in points and rebounds, Ross can be a bench scorer, then either George or Anthony gives you a real superstar next to Conley to share the scoring threat.

Why would Orlando do this?

17 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Why would Orlando do this?

If they think Parsons can be a key piece then Ross + Augustin clears 17 million off their books from those two players. Wright and Martin would be expiring contracts for them. Plus they are about to clear 15 million off their books from Jeff Green. So financially it would put them in a good spot if they feel Parsons is worth the risk.

Augustin is 4 yr/7.5 mil per and Ross is 3 yr/10 million per. They still have their big FA signing Biyombo for a starting center position plus they would be adding in Wright. That is a very versatile couple of bigs. Also, they need to start thinking on cap space since they have some key guys coming up on FA in Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton.

This would give them more flexibility to help develop their extremely young team. I think Augustin and Ross can be usable players for us and Vucevic would free up a Marc trade to get you a key playmaker/scorer for Conley.

Not that the Grizzlies have a dog in this fight, but any fellow draft freaks watching the lottery tonight? I think this draft is overrated.