JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Sadly, I'd take a 45 year old busted up Chalmers over our current back up PGs

LOL

If he is fit and mobile and can still move you know he will be highly focused and motivated to do well for another contract.

And if he is fit and mobile I would take him on too, so we agree there

KGF    0
10 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Sadly, I'd take a 45 year old busted up Chalmers over our current back up PGs

Well our 2 current backup point guards are 2 low BBIQ wannabe scoring guards that don't have any scoring ability, aren't good at running a team, and wouldn't get rotation minutes on any other team outside of the Memphis Grizzlies so yeah I would easily take a 45 year old busted up Chalmers over these 2 scrubs. 

SC Grizz    0
10 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Not a ringing endorsement for the summer league captain.

LOL

Dwash    0
8 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

I was surprised to see he shot 24% from 3 while with us. I remember him being a dead-eye. Lol

He was never known as a shooter. But the arc and release on his shot look so good that you just got the feeling that he could become a good shooter.

Ndq0327    0
3 hours ago, KGF said:

Well our 2 current backup point guards are 2 low BBIQ wannabe scoring guards that don't have any scoring ability, aren't good at running a team, and wouldn't get rotation minutes on any other team outside of the Memphis Grizzlies so yeah I would easily take a 45 year old busted up Chalmers over these 2 scrubs. 

Harrison doesn't have a low bball IQ I'm still confused why he is so hated. I think it's because he took Ta's minutes last year and some people are still butt hurt by it.

Harrison wasn't anything special but he wasn't a trainwreck either he rarely makes a bad play he works hard on defense and he improved as the season went on. Harrison is a consistent jump shot away from being a good player and he seems like the type that will work to achieve that

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Harrison doesn't have a low bball IQ I'm still confused why he is so hated. I think it's because he took Ta's minutes last year and some people are still butt hurt by it.

Harrison wasn't anything special but he wasn't a trainwreck either he rarely makes a bad play he works hard on defense and he improved as the season went on. Harrison is a consistent jump shot away from being a good player and he seems like the type that will work to achieve that

He has his dumb moments but looked like he was committed to trying to get better. His shot looked better as the season progressed. At this point (surprisingly) I like Harrison more than Baldwin. Wade doesn't seem to have put anything together to look like more than a d-league guy.

13 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

+100

He also has moxie and isn't afraid of the moment.   We should keep him and continue to invest.   I don't care where they were drafted Harrison is the better bet over Wade. 

27 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Some people just don't like certain players. Simple and plain. I have stated different players who I just don't like. Has nothing to do with any other players. I'm pretty sure this team has had players that you just didn't like on the roster. It happens.

Ndq0327    0
28 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Some people just don't like certain players. Simple and plain. I have stated different players who I just don't like. Has nothing to do with any other players. I'm pretty sure this team has had players that you just didn't like on the roster. It happens.

Yea Tony Allen

Remaining Centers and PFs of note (UFA), all in that 27-30 age range (except Pau, who is very likely returning to SA):

Mo Speights

Pau

JaVale McGee

Dante Cunningham

Willie Reed

Roy Hibbert

Tyler Zeller

Thomas Robinson

Note: Mason Plumlee, Alex Len, Nikola Mirotic and Nerlens Noel are RFA

Iron Mike    0
2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Remaining Centers and PFs of note (UFA), all in that 27-30 age range (except Pau, who is very likely returning to SA):

Mo Speights

Pau

JaVale McGee

Dante Cunningham

Willie Reed

Roy Hibbert

Tyler Zeller

Thomas Robinson

Note: Mason Plumlee, Alex Len, Nikola Mirotic and Nerlens Noel are RFA

If we could grab T-Rob or even Len that would be a steal.

27 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea Tony Allen

Exactly. So why question why people don't like Harrison?

I don't hate Harrison but my expectations of him are very limited and guarded. Same for McLemore. 

GF#1    0

I can't speak for everyone, but I always have reasoning for not liking a player. Not liking a player just for the sake of it and providing nothing to back it up is senseless, IMHO.

I didn't like Tony Allen for the past couple of seasons because his defense no longer made up for his glaring deficiencies offensively, and it was time to move on. Not to mention that the team has changed quite a bit, with Zbo getting older and no longer capable of being a true #1. There were a few seasons in a row where the Grizzlies were right in the thick of it in the Western Conference, and much of that had to do with Tony, but that ship has sailed.

Michael D    0

Bringing back Mo Speights to back up the PF/C positions would be great!

4 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I always have reasoning for not liking a player. Not liking a player just for the sake of it and providing nothing to back it up is senseless, IMHO.

I didn't like Tony Allen for the past couple of seasons because his defense no longer made up for his glaring deficiencies offensively, and it was time to move on. Not to mention that the team has changed quite a bit, with Zbo getting older and no longer capable of being a true #1. There were a few seasons in a row where the Grizzlies were right in the thick of it in the Western Conference, and much of that had to do with Tony, but that ship has sailed.

It could be for a variety of reasons-you don't think they fit, you don't like their perceived work ethic, you don't like the effort that you think they give, they give you a bad vibe, etc. Most of the reasons people don't like players who produce are perceptions anyway. It's a gut feel, a vibe.

None of us are with these people 24/7 or really know them. It's all how we perceive them and what our expectations are which is generally overly subjective and nothing more than our personal opinion and not rooted in fact. 

You've never had a gut feeling about a player?

8 minutes ago, Michael D said:

To back up whom? He may be the starter.

GF#1    0
Just now, Notorious O.D.K. said:

It could be for a variety of reasons-you don't think they fit, you don't like their perceived work ethic, you don't like the effort that you think they give, they give you a bad vibe, etc. Most of the reasons people don't like players who produce are perceptions anyway. It's a gut feel, a vibe.

None of us are with these people 24/7 or really know them. It's all how we perceive them and what our expectations are which is generally overly subjective and nothing more than our personal opinion and not rooted in fact. 

You've never had a gut feeling about a player?

Of course, but it's always because of my personal evaluation of the player. A combination of how he conducts himself on and off the court, and my thoughts on what his game has to offer. Strengths v.s. weaknesses, and what type of potential he has. Some of that evaluation has a bit of gut instinct, but it's because of my specific thoughts on the individual player. Sometimes you're right, and sometimes you're wrong.

If you're using criteria like you suggest (effort, lack of fit), that's perfectly understandable. I was simply stating that I feel like it's senseless for someone not to like a player, and cites nothing that has anything to do with his game and what he brings to the team.

Michael D    0
1 minute ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

To back up whom? He may be the starter.

Hopefully to back up JAM and Gasol.  I don't think JAM holds the power in contract negotiations anymore.  It does not look like any other teams are offering him a deal that the Grizzlies will be unwilling to pay.  The fact that the FO is comfortable playing the waiting game probably has JAM's agent sweating because no other lucrative offers to bargain with are coming through.

JAM can be penciled in as the starter with 90% certainty right now.

20 minutes ago, Michael D said:

I feel the same. I would take him over Deyonta right now as backup C. JaM just hanging out there is really messing up the front court plans right now.

Xerion    0

Mo is a bit soft and floppy but he's a fine player. I would welcome him back

Thomas    0

I was thinking about Speights recently as well. Perfect big man for what Fizdale wants to do.