JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

8 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

They're easily a playoff team w/o him.

They are stacked with talent.

2 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Spurs just renounced Jonathan Simmons... probably unrealistic, but man would I love it if we got him.

Who would you get rid of and how to get Simmons? 

Does everyone else realize that Simmons will be 28 at the start of the season? 

34 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Spurs just renounced Jonathan Simmons... probably unrealistic, but man would I love it if we got him.

I feel like Simmons is like other Spurs that do quite well with Pop and his system, but disappoint in their new situation.

There is a lot to be cautious about.

15 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

They're easily a playoff team w/o him.

I think they are a playoff team, but I don't think it will be a slam dunk, and not so easy.

On 7/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, Allen said:

Wolves make the playoffs if they get TA

Lil Tony Allen ^^

Would you guys go for this? Would the Bucks? I believe the money is right...

Troy Daniels and B. Wright for J. Henson

The Bucks could then waive one of the two, right?

ESPN's Chris Hayes is reporting that Bucks may consider trading John Henson.

Milwaukee is pursuing Derrick Rose, but would likely need to clear cap space in order to sign him. The Bucks can currently only offer Rose $4.4 million. Henson, who has three years and $32 million remaining on his contract, played behind Thon Maker and Greg Monroe last season. Per Hayes: "There is mutual interest and motivation from both sides on finding the 6-11 center a new home."

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 14 - 10:53 AM

2 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I personally don't want Jon Henson in Memphis except to boo him but that's just my opinion. 

J-mart hadn't played on a consistent basis in two years. We need a body like robinson and that will run the court and finish. the second unit got other people that can score. Well that will try with tyreke, and daniels but you have DD and robinson and harrison you might have a 2 unit that might be hungry for exposure to show their talents.

5 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

he is not...he is a worst scorer than martin

Hes not that good

16 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I hate North Carolina bigs

17 hours ago, Beazy76 said:

J-mart hadn't played on a consistent basis in two years. We need a body like robinson and that will run the court and finish. the second unit got other people that can score. Well that will try with tyreke, and daniels but you have DD and robinson and harrison you might have a 2 unit that might be hungry for exposure to show their talents.

I sure martin can run the floor and finish...plus at a why cheaper price than robinson

I'm stunned that D Rose is going for that little. 

And no to Thomas Robinson and no to J Henson unless that J is for Muppet creator Jim Henson (RIP).

Roster spots are at a premium now, and while that means the Grizzlies don't have to be done, they don't need more projects or dart throws. Every pickup means someone is waived for nothing.

3 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

If we don't get Jamychal Green back is Pau a possibility?

No we would need a starting pf

6 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

If we don't get Jamychal Green back is Pau a possibility?

Please no

16 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Please no

Green ain't anything special. Heck Pau, who's almost a decade older, averaged more pts and more rebs than Green in less minutes per game. Our PF situation is abysmal now that ZBo is gone, so we have no other option than Green.

Didn't want to create a new thread but apparently the Pelicans have a TPE for around 3.5 mil and are in desperate need for shooters. We have Troy whom I assume is at the bottom of the sg rotation that would fit into that exception.

This article presents 3 trade options that could net the team either a second round pick or a player that could give us some depth in the front court.

First guy was Quincy Acy from Brooklyn and the other was Noah Vonleh from Portland would anyone consider this deal?? I like the idea of Acy a high energy scrappy forward that can stretch the floor.

Haven't paid much attention to Vonleh to make an assessment on his game.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2017/07/14/using-the-buddy-hield-tpe/

4 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Didn't want to create a new thread but apparently the Pelicans have a TPE for around 3.5 mil and are in desperate need for shooters. We have Troy whom I assume is at the bottom of the sg rotation that would fit into that exception.

This article presents 3 trade options that could net the team either a second round pick or a player that could give us some depth in the front court.

First guy was Quincy Acy from Brooklyn and the other was Noah Vonleh from Portland would anyone consider this deal?? I like the idea of Acy a high energy scrappy forward that can stretch the floor.

Haven't paid much attention to Vonleh to make an assessment on his game.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2017/07/14/using-the-buddy-hield-tpe/

Of the three options I prefer the first one. The Grizzlies unload a salary for a player who is a one dimensional player easily silenced once defenses adjust to him. Dump the $3.4 million and give me the roster spot. 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Of the three options I prefer the first one. The Grizzlies unload a salary for a player who is a one dimensional player easily silenced once defenses adjust to him. Dump the $3.4 million and give me the roster spot. 

Yep that's the option i vote for as well.   I love Daniels shooting ability but he is simply too one-dimensional to make a big fuss over.  His minutes are better served going to McLemore and Selden. 

We need roster spots more than anything.