JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

Recommended Posts

Ndq0327    0
3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Correct. The QO is worth $1.5M, and Houston has a lot of room to match better offers.

Well that explains why he doesn't have any offers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ndq0327    0
1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

Yeah, it sounds a lot like JaM's agent.

He has to have the worst agent ever it must be a friend or family member....how can you sign on with a guy and you're his only nba player? That means he has zero connections around the league smh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fanboyslim    0
Just now, Ndq0327 said:

He has to have the worst agent ever it must be a friend or family member....how can you sign on with a guy and you're his only nba player? That means he has zero connections around the league smh. 

Well, Lebron's agent started like that. Somehow I think the context is not comparable though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ndq0327    0
1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

Well, Lebron's agent started like that. Somehow I think the context is not comparable though.

Lol maybe a slightly different situation but only by a little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan7    0
39 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I believe Houston offered Williams a qualifying offer so he is restricted this summer. 

I read that Houston did not offer the QO and ESPN reports he is unrestricted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fanboyslim    0
Just now, Ethan7 said:

I read that Houston did not offer the QO and ESPN reports he is unrestricted. 

That could be true, or they might have extended (it has to be done before the July moratorium) it and then pulled it to make the numbers work in CP3's trade. Spotrac still lists him as restricted though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fanboyslim    0

Ok, the NBA.com FA tracker lists Williams as unrestricted, and I'm fairly sure they know if there's a QO registered with the league.

So... would he come here for the minimum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomas    0
1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

Ok, the NBA.com FA tracker lists Williams as unrestricted, and I'm fairly sure they know if there's a QO registered with the league.

So... would he come here for the minimum?

I don't know, he's been so impressive that I imagine he'll have plenty of suitors for that money. I'd dig into the rest of our MLE to secure him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan7    0
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

I don't know, he's been so impressive that I imagine he'll have plenty of suitors for that money. I'd dig into the rest of our MLE to secure him.

Agreed, I would bite in the $3-5mill per year for 3 years range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ethan7 said:

Agreed, I would bite in the $3-5mill per year for 3 years range.

Nope I would see if he can be had for the 2way contract first.   If we are forced to part with Ennis to get rid of Wright then i wouldn't mind signing Williams to a non-guaranteed deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grizball    0

I hope we can get KCP. I know this will not happen but I think we should try. He would be a great starter at the 2. Would DET do a sign and trade? Offer him a 13M per for 3-4 yrs deal. Wright, Ennis, Daniels would add up to 12M, can even add the rights to Rabb or Baldwin or Martin to the deal. We should collect assets and since he is still unsigned this could be an opportunity. We should still have room to sign Jam after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ndq0327    0
41 minutes ago, Grizball said:

I hope we can get KCP. I know this will not happen but I think we should try. He would be a great starter at the 2. Would DET do a sign and trade? Offer him a 13M per for 3-4 yrs deal. Wright, Ennis, Daniels would add up to 12M, can even add the rights to Rabb or Baldwin or Martin to the deal. We should collect assets and since he is still unsigned this could be an opportunity. We should still have room to sign Jam after that.

You say we should collect assets while giving away 4 people to bring in 1 person???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomas    0
14 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

You say we should collect assets while giving away 4 people to bring in 1 person???

I wouldn't call Ennis/Daniels/Wright and a Chris Wallace 2nd round draft pick "assets."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grizz&Grind    0

The question is can they find a team willing to take Wright or even Ennis and Daniels?

The 'problem' is almost always clear, but the 'solution' may not be attainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ndq0327    0
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

I wouldn't call Ennis/Daniels/Wright and a Chris Wallace 2nd round draft pick "assets."

Wouldn't call Kcp on a 13mil a year contract an asset either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ndq0327    0

Well Rade signed his contract today so no two way deal for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

I read that Houston did not offer the QO and ESPN reports he is unrestricted. 

 

12 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Ok, the NBA.com FA tracker lists Williams as unrestricted, and I'm fairly sure they know if there's a QO registered with the league.

So... would he come here for the minimum?

I posted in one of these threads that the Rockets did not make the QO by late June so he was a UFA. I saw it in a couple of Rockets blogs and I think on some FA wrap up, can't remember.

Although this story from his hometown says he's a restricted FA. 

Quote

He’s a restricted free agent and coming off a season in which he also played for the Memphis Grizzlies and a pair of NBA Development League squads.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fanboyslim    0
1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

 

I posted in one of these threads that the Rockets did not make the QO by late June so he was a UFA. I saw it in a couple of Rockets blogs and I think on some FA wrap up, can't remember.

Although this story from his hometown says he's a restricted FA. 

 

Yeah, and the usual reference sites must be manned by interns during the summer because they're almost never up to date, so it's impossible to double check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allen    0

Wolves make the playoffs if they get TA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
srmjr23    0
2 hours ago, Allen said:

Wolves make the playoffs if they get TA

They're making the playoffs regardless, but he could be a difference maker in a playoff series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2017 at 8:12 AM, chipc3 said:

I believe Houston offered Williams a qualifying offer so he is restricted this summer. 

 

I wonder if either the Rockets will need to release some players to get Carmelo in, or if they are more likely to keep the minimum contract types.

 

I also wonder if during this 'Melo pursuit, this would be a good time to make an offer to Williams since that may hamper some of their salary cap space, and less likely to match.

I don't know any of the answers to those, btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now