JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

Jetfixer    0
6 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I think that's the way you like it, uh huh uh huh

Not sure if JaM can be traded at this moment since he's an RFA, but in theory, yes I would. I always liked Portis and wanted us to get our hands on him. I think if he's given more minutes, he would give us better overall production than JaM, may not be as good defensively, but overall better production. 

Not really. The FO could have made moves during last season to prevent it. 

Regarding the not really.....no moves prevents old age. Yes, they could always make better moves.

Iron Mike    0
47 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Rabb was a great college rebounder. Davis can rebound too. Wright and Martin are question marks in that regard but it's not like the Grizzlies miss a lot of shots or anything. 

I doubt they can contribute good rebounding numbers this year.

We ranked 22nd last season, and athletic bigs get a ton of offensive boards from us.

We lost a lot of games that way against sub .500 teams last year.

45 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Jam averages 7 rebounds a game

Which is a bad stat for your starting PF who isn't exactly known to excel at something else. I guess its fine since he gets offensive boards too. But aside from him, who else do we got? The kids are not yet ready.

We lost Z-Bo who gets 8 a game, off the bench.

WVgrizz    0

Lets look at it this way

Hypothetically speaking here: for per game average (projection)

Rebounds per game from bigs

Green could get us 10+ a game with accelerated minutes due to Randolph departure.   

Martin will get more minutes which could give us 6-7 rebs a game

Davis will improve to hopefully 4-5 rebs a game

I dont believe Wright will be a Grizzly next season but if he is that's probably 3-4 rebs a game.

Gasol needs to step up and give us 8 rebs a game 

On average if we could get  33 rebs a game from just our bigs and have the guards give us some help we could easily get to 52-53 rebs a game.. that would set us Top 5 in rebounding....but its just hope lol 

WVgrizz    0
9 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

We need a back up Center. 

Maybe Rabb is that dude tho

JWill4L    0
7 hours ago, KelvisKblam said:

I wonder what the market for Ilyasova is? Haven't heard anything about him. 

Could we get him for 3yrs/$30M? He made ~$8.5M last season. I might rather do that than sign Green for 4/$48M or whatever he's likely to cost. 

Right now we cannot offer any player (not counting Tony and Jam here) more than 3M (approximately), which is the money we have left from the MLE.

I guess they'll use that money to sign Rade, Brooks and Rabb, as second rounders don't have a rookie salary scale.

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Yes you were. Now who are we getting rid of? 

This year you have to count on the two additional spots for the two-way contracts. Assuming Kobi Simmons will get one, maybe Wallace signs Brooks or Rabb to the other one.

Although I think there is a trade coming. Too much backcourt players on the roster.

fanboyslim    0
2 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Right now we cannot offer any player (not counting Tony and Jam here) more than 3M (approximately), which is the money we have left from the MLE.

I guess they'll use that money to sign Rade, Brooks and Rabb, as second rounders don't have a rookie salary scale.

This year you have to count on the two additional spots for the two-way contracts. Assuming Kobi Simmons will get one, maybe Wallace signs Brooks or Rabb to the other one.

Although I think there is a trade coming. Too much backcourt players on the roster.

Remember we can always use the minimum salary exception to sign players, so we could in theory sign the rookies (or any FA) to the minimum without using any money from the MLE.

JWill4L    0
9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Remember we can always use the minimum salary exception to sign players, so we could in theory sign the rookies (or any FA) to the minimum without using any money from the MLE.

Yep. I was alluding to the max amount of money we can offer.

Dunno if Rade is gonna be happy with a minimum deal after parting ways with Leks.

fanboyslim    0
1 hour ago, JWill4L said:

Yep. I was alluding to the max amount of money we can offer.

Dunno if Rade is gonna be happy with a minimum deal after parting ways with Leks.

We could sign Rabb and Brooks for the minimum and give Rade money from the MLE. It will of course depend on how much money JaM commands to fit under the tax.

TimBC    0
20 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Dropping prospects because they don't work out immediately is what got the Grizzlies in this mess to begin with. 

Yeah, wish we'd kept Thabeet, Adams, Young, Henry, Timma, Franklin, Wroten, Selby, Ish Smith, ...  

Maybe we could have kept Troy Williams and Carroll. 
And everyone agreed THEN that Whiteside and Seth Curry weren't going to make it. 

On 7/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, chipc3 said:

Yes you were. Now who are we getting rid of? 

Teams can now have up to 17 players. Wow

You know who's still a FA? DRose baby! Sign him up and unite him with Reke! Let's GOoooo!

Plus, he's had SEVERAL injuries...a CW signing if I've ever seen one.

We'd be the best dressed NBA team with all the suits on the bench. "Be the best at something"-done

2 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

You know who's still a FA? DRose baby! Sign him up and unite him with Reke! Let's GOoooo!

Plus, he's had SEVERAL injuries...a CW signing if I've ever seen one.

We'd be the blessed dressed NBA team with all the suits on the bench. "Be the best at something"-done

Unite him with Reke? When did DRose and Tyreke play together?

30 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Unite, not reunite.

That's what I get for checking my phone while at the bar, lol.

I hope the Allen and Green situation gets resolved soon, so they can find serviceable replacements if they leave before all the good ones are signed by other teams.

Ethan7    0

I'd like to see us ship out a package centered around Wright and offer another contract to Troy Williams before he gets snatched. I see more promise in him than our current young guys. 

chipc3    0
20 minutes ago, Ethan7 said:

I'd like to see us ship out a package centered around Wright and offer another contract to Troy Williams before he gets snatched. I see more promise in him than our current young guys. 

I believe Houston offered Williams a qualifying offer so he is restricted this summer. 

Ndq0327    0
25 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I believe Houston offered Williams a qualifying offer so he is restricted this summer. 

Read a tweet yesterday he has no offers right now I think he's unrestricted could be wrong though

fanboyslim    0
26 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Correct. The QO is worth $1.5M, and Houston has a lot of room to match better offers.