JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

Ndq0327    0

First things first Mike,Marc, and Chandler make up 75% of the cap next year.  That's a problem in Fizz's new system Marc and Chandler  are question marks. Marc is big and slow and 32 while Chandler may still be broken. 

The team really needs to move off one of them.  With the tax line being roughly in the. 113-115mil range that leaves the team between 30-40mil to replace VC, Zbo, TA,  and Jam.  If jam gets a 10-12mil contract then the only other player you should bring back is VC on a very cheap 2yr deal. I'm assuming we have Jam's  bird rights so we will likely treat him like we did Conley and sign him last while we try and make moves under the cap first. 

If I'm the FO I'm targeting  a Sg and hope we can get him around the 8mil range which is where the mid level is supposed to be jumping too. I think securing a starting sg at a decent number along with bringing jam and vc back should be priority. The bench will lose Zbos scoring but maybe with a more open and faster system our bench can improve. 

i haven't really looked at our cap space but i'd move wright and take on some salary while getting some assets if we can , maybe help as a 3rd team getting George to LAL. Thomas Bryant looks good if falls into the 2nd and we could buy a pick ,

we need a high IQ play maker that can play next to conley , create for himself off screens/dribble or create for others  or whatever . 

3 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i haven't really looked at our cap space but i'd move wright and take on some salary while getting some assets if we can , maybe help as a 3rd team getting George to LAL. Thomas Bryant looks good if falls into the 2nd and we could buy a pick ,

we need a high IQ play maker that can play next to conley , create for himself off screens/dribble or create for others  or whatever . 

Trey Burke?

Undersized I know but he's a FA?

I would like to move Wright for a draft pick if possible. This would open up some financial room for the team and we need all the $$ available.

My targets for wings: Patty Mills, JJ Redick, Tyreke Evans, Kyle Korver, Shaun Livingston, Darren Collison.

My targets for bigs: Patrick Patterson, Ersan Ilyasova, Serge Ibaka, James Johnson, Nene, Donatas Motiejunas, Terrance Jones.

Dwash    0
4 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I would like to move Wright for a draft pick if possible. This would open up some financial room for the team and we need all the $$ available.

My targets for wings: Patty Mills, JJ Redick, Tyreke Evans, Kyle Korver, Shaun Livingston, Darren Collison.

My targets for bigs: Patrick Patterson, Ersan Ilyasova, Serge Ibaka, James Johnson, Nene, Donatas Motiejunas, Terrance Jones.

Get excited.

Thomas    0

Dump everyone but Conley/Parsons/Gasol/Green's bird rights and sign the best player you can with that cap space (would be roughly $25 million - or you could elect to keep the young guys which would leave around 18 million in cap space). **** it. Need another premium player or it's going to be the same deal next year. Take a chance.

Father Pat    0
5 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

3 seasons ago Motiejunas looked like he could be a future all star. I really liked his game. This past winter he became toxic. Pels ended up with him for league minimum. His reported back issues have been said to be like JJ Redicks, occasional flair ups where he misses 3 or 4 games two or three times a season. From what I read, it seems the Rockets were kind of being jerks about matching his contract (unobtainable clauses so on paper his contract was worth more), and his agent was being a jerk back. At least that's what I gathered from it. Anyway, if his back isn't an issue, he could be a huge asset, and possible gotten on the cheap. I'd really like to see Wallace go after him, assuming his back isn't worse than what I read.

Ndq0327    0
4 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Wonder what positions we will be looking at in the free agency

Guards.... I don't think they go after any outside bigs

I am all for trying to get Frank Mason.  Kid will be a really good NBA PG and certainly someone that can come in and spell Conley.  Also we have seen that Mike needs some more rest his body cant take every day pounding and that is not a slight on Mike at all, just helps prolong his career.

15 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Guards.... I don't think they go after any outside bigs

going for guards would be a mistake in my opinion. we should be looking to be better in our wings through development, but what we really need is a top flight rebounder.  

On 5/8/2017 at 10:05 PM, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Wouldn't mind picking up a second rounders and getting a international prospect

May I interest you in a guy with last name: Considerations; first name: Cash.

Note: This is how Hoopshype ranks FA Sgs  (I don't think any restricted free agent is a realistic option this year so I haven't included any on this list).

D. Wade - Memphis wouldn't say no, and there is that Fizz connection, but I think he's staying in the East.

JJ Reddick - I think he stays in LA

Dion Waiters - Stays in Miami

Korver - Stays in East

Tony Allen - ??? - Among non-restricted FA's, he's ranked 5th. That's a comment on what is available.

Tyreke - An option, especially to keep on the tradition of bringing in free agents that can't contribute significantly their first year because of injuries. 

Manu - Staying until they ask him to leave

Sefolosha - Rather have Tony

Vince Carter - Again, a commentary on this SG class

Nick Young

Justin Holiday

Rodney Stuckey

Ian Clark

Jason Terry

Anthony Morrow

Jodie Meeks

Brandon Rush

Randy Foye

Wayne Selden (Team option)

So that is where the FA Shooting Guards sit.  When Memphis has two of the top 10 SGs (Unrestricted FA's), it makes me believe that both coming back is a very realistic option.

Or a trade.

Thomas    0
On 5/10/2017 at 9:02 AM, Ethan7 said:

I actually don't hate the idea of bringing back Rudy.

Scenario: Relinquish Zbo's cap hold, hold onto TA's. Dump Wright and whoever else you need to to get Rudy under contract under these parameters.Then re-sign Zbo with the MLE, Tony with bird rights, and match JaM as to not lose an asset (maybe sign-and-trade?). Bring back Vince on a minimum deal.

Conley/Rudy/Parsons/Gasol ain't bad.

Ndq0327    0
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Scenario: Relinquish Zbo's cap hold, hold onto TA's. Dump Wright and whoever else you need to to get Rudy under contract under these parameters.Then re-sign Zbo with the MLE, Tony with bird rights, and match JaM as to not lose an asset (maybe sign-and-trade?). Bring back Vince on a minimum deal.

You right it aint bad its a horrible idea u might as well bring Lionel back too.  Rudy ruptured his achilles..... Did anyone see Mario Chalmers last year oh that's right he didn't play at all.

Rudy will likely  play next year but he won't be as good as he was this past season and there is no way he can play the 2 in a starting line up  lol

Ndq0327    0
4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

going for guards would be a mistake in my opinion. we should be looking to be better in our wings through development, but what we really need is a top flight rebounder.  

What we really need is the ability to score the ball I have no idea why you get caught up on the most secondary things.

You want a top flight rebounder trade Marc to Detroit and get Drummond you swap out career 15/7 (Marc)  for 13/13 you get a younger more athletic big to run in Fizz system and better rebounding  but you lose all of Marc's  intangibles.

Your reply to me is backwards because you can develop better rebounding skills faster than overall talent all a player  needs is the drive to want to rebound. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

So your idea of improving the team is signing a guy coming off of a torn Achilles. Pair him with a guy coming off his 3rd knee surgery in as many years. Resign Z-bo, TA, AND VC. Wow.

No disrespect, but to call this horrible would not be this justice. Thank goodness you're the GM.

Thomas    0

**** didn't realize he tore his Achilles - thought it was something less serious.

Yeah that changes things.

Thomas    0
1 hour ago, Holidayinn21 said:

So your idea of improving the team is signing a guy coming off of a torn Achilles. Pair him with a guy coming off his 3rd knee surgery in as many years. Resign Z-bo, TA, AND VC. Wow.

No disrespect, but to call this horrible would not be this justice. Thank goodness you're the GM.

Nah my idea of improving the team is clearing as much cap space as possible and signing the best player we can with that money to put with Conley/Parsons/Gasol/Green. Was just procrastinating from work and threw that very Chris Wallace-y scenario out there - gotta brace for something like this.

Ndq0327    0
19 hours ago, Thomas said:

Nah my idea of improving the team is clearing as much cap space as possible and signing the best player we can with that money to put with Conley/Parsons/Gasol/Green. Was just procrastinating from work and threw that very Chris Wallace-y scenario out there - gotta brace for something like this.

We literally  just tried that last year and it failed why on earth would we do it again? 

Thomas    0
2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

We literally  just tried that last year and it failed why on earth would we do it again? 

I mean what do you suggest we do? They're not going to blow it up and they're not going to trade Marc or Mike.

Ndq0327    0
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I mean what do you suggest we do? They're not going to blow it up and they're not going to trade Marc or Mike.

They need to swap TA,  Zbo, out for younger pieces that can contribute.  Bring Jam back on a value deal trade Wright and bring VC back if he wants.

This team needs more quality players instead of searching for one great player. Had we spent Parsons money and got a better bench with it we would have been better off.