JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

OKC has Oladipo also. Who would be best playmaker Conley has had.

I keep forgetting about him.  He is another guy that would've been great for us. 

Harden has several. LeBron wanted more.

Yep

I keep forgetting about him. He is another guy that would've been great for us.

Yep

Honestly I would not want oladipo on the team.

Terrible shooter and no real playmaling skills. He's way down on my list from Rubio. He's closer to lance Stephenson

Honestly I would not want oladipo on the team.

Terrible shooter and no real playmaling skills. He's way down on my list from Rubio. He's closer to lance Stephenson

Remember Fiz wanted to keep Lance Stephenson before they signed Parsons.  I think he is another that could've worked well along-side Conley if used as a playmaker like he was in Indy. 

Remember Fiz wanted to keep Lance Stephenson before they signed Parsons.  I think he is another that could've worked well along-side Conley if used as a playmaker like he was in Indy. 

I don't remember Fizdale saying he wanted to keep Lance Stephenson. Stephenson was a free agent on July 1 after the Grizzlies failed to pick up his option. I've heard Conley wanted to sign Parsons but before July 1 there was no guarantee either Conley or Parsons would be here this season.

Is there any link you could provide to back up this assertion?  

There is value in having guys like Vince, ZBo, and TA on the team, if they can be positive attitude guys regardless of minutes played.

I don't think you can have 3 of those guys though.

I think Vince has demonstrated that he can. 

Zach has demonstrated he can still perform, given the right matchup. I don't know about the minutes aspect, but I'm pretty certain his market is pretty bleak.  I'm not sure who will be bidding against Memphis if Memphis offered him $4 million/year.

I think Tony has that potential to be that vet, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm not saying we need to keep all or any of these guys, but I do think the team needs a few vets who can play from the bench and not worry about minutes like young players do who are trying to get their next contract.

I don't remember Fizdale saying he wanted to keep Lance Stephenson. Stephenson was a free agent on July 1 after the Grizzlies failed to pick up his option. I've heard Conley wanted to sign Parsons but before July 1 there was no guarantee either Conley or Parsons would be here this season.

I know i heard it on the radio and i believe i may have read it on either Calkins, Tillery or Vernon's twitter account.  It will take some digging. 

I also remember reading it somewhere.

GF it's the same solution as it's always been. Conley needs a secondary ball handler, playmaker and scorer on the court with him to take some of the pressure off of him.  That was supposed to be Parsons but his knees appear finished

Conley is the teams only facilitator and the only perimeter player that can create his own shot. That's too much to ask

I don't disagree, but that's the only option that we have at this point.

Well he's paid better than anyone else in the league... ;)

Yep, he is. But he hasn't won a championship yet, so whatever he does at this point doesn't matter.

...... Conley has convinced me this season that he may be better paired with a tall PG who can take the ball handling requirements of his shoulder and let Conley focus on making plays.

Rajon Rondo?

How far apart is Westbrook and conley, would you estimate? Can you provide an analogy?

The difference between a top of the line Ferrari and a standard Lexus. And I am a Westbrook hater. I think his inefficiency and ball hogging style are a hindrance to team success. Even so, he is sooooo much better than Conley. One is a borderline superstar. One is borderline all star.

Rade is coming this summer I guess, but what do you think about offering someone like Sergio Rodriguez a 10x2? If Fizz wants Conley off ball he could be a nice fit, although he's a nono in defense.

Rade is coming this summer I guess, but what do you think about offering someone like Sergio Rodriguez a 10x2? If Fizz wants Conley off ball he could be a nice fit, although he's a nono in defense.

Sergio got dimes.

Sergio got dimes.

He would be a better option that Harrison.

Though I would prefer having Baldwin as backup PG.

I hope that TA, Harrison, Carter, and Douglas aren't on the team next season.

Any players from the tournament catching anyone's eye? I like Bam Adebayo out of Kentucky. 

What Parsons terrible play has shown me is that we could/would have been better served gifting Baldwin 24 minutes a night. The upside is much better.

Baldwin is getting at least that many minutes in the D-League. He averaged 28 minutes a night in Iowa where he managed a solid 12.9 PPG on 43.3% shooting, 31.1% from the arc, 4.3 RPG and 5.3 APG. That isn't good enough for an NBA team to call you up if you were a free agent. With all the criticism about the player who beat him out for a job, I don't know if people really want to see Baldwin in meaningful games right now. 

The difference between a top of the line Ferrari and a standard Lexus. And I am a Westbrook hater. I think his inefficiency and ball hogging style are a hindrance to team success. Even so, he is sooooo much better than Conley. One is a borderline superstar. One is borderline all star.

Is it more important to be a superb individual player who prevents teams from winning or a solid individual player who helps improve those around him to achieve more than the individual talents of the team suggests? 

Is it more important to be a superb individual player who prevents teams from winning or a solid individual player who helps improve those around him to achieve more than the individual talents of the team suggests? 

I would go with the second. Unfortunately, I think of Conley as solid individual player but not one capable of lifting the team to more than their talent suggests. For the most part, the only players I think of making other players better are superstars. Conley doesn't fit that bill.

I'm gonna throw out a target that could be realistic and theoretically, based on how well he's played this season, fits what we've been looking for throughout the entire grit-grind era: Dion Waiters.

Perhaps he would be another grit-grind casualty, and he'll probably end up resigning with Miami, but I'm just looking for a silver lining here.

I'm gonna throw out a target that could be realistic and theoretically, based on how well he's played this season, fits what we've been looking for throughout the entire grit-grind era: Dion Waiters.

Perhaps he would be another grit-grind casualty, and he'll probably end up resigning with Miami, but I'm just looking for a silver lining here.

Dion Waiter grade out very high during the draft but I don't see him being a personality wit with our group. But he could definitely be the starting two alongside Conley.

Wonder how much Darren Collison will go for? Was hoping the Grizzlies would trade for him at the deadline. Not sure if he would accept a bench role though.