JWill4L

Draft And Free Agency '17

560 posts in this topic

Wrong-o.  Doing nothing is better than a short-sighted move. 

But not much.

This might be the worst year ever for our lack of options to really hurt. 

Can't argue with this point of view - at all.

Future star Tyler Ulis, who was my #1 target leading up to last year's draft, just one-upped his veteran clone Isaiah Thomas and hit the game-winning shot to beat Boston.

Well, maybe Rade Zagorac might actually be worth a **** at least. Though he's a Chris Wallace draftee, so probably not.

Future star Tyler Ulis, who was my #1 target leading up to last year's draft, just one-upped his veteran clone Isaiah Thomas and hit the game-winning shot to beat Bosto

Phoenix is on a roll.

I want to bring back Troy Williams.

This. Why do they show the commercials where he blocked Curry hard and the dish him for a scrub.

Troy Williams, Rade, Deytona, and Baldwin would be a fun group of young guys on the bench.

I would love to see the team try to acquire JJ Redick in the offseason too for the starting SG spot.

Troy Williams, Rade, Deytona, and Baldwin would be a fun group of young guys on the bench.

I would love to see the team try to acquire JJ Redick in the offseason too for the starting SG spot.

Redick is not the type of player we need. Stop with the 3 point shooting tunnel vision.

Redick is not the type of player we need. Stop with the 3 point shooting tunnel vision.

Yeah why would we need a guy that can actually be a pure SG that is a great shooter.

We all know you desperately want Rubio but he doesn't fit the build of this team.

Fizz has shown the direction he wants the team to go in and Redick would be a very solid SG for the team to get.

Yeah why would we need a guy that can actually be a pure SG that is a great shooter.

We all know you desperately want Rubio but he doesn't fit the build of this team.

Fizz has shown the direction he wants the team to go in and Redick would be a very solid SG for the team to get.

We had one, his name was Courtney Lee.

We had one, his name was Courtney Lee.

No we didn't.   Reddick actually shoots the ball and offers some secondary ball-handling too.   He is the ideal SG to pair with Conley IF he was younger. 

In hindsight Evan Fournier would've been another one.

No we didn't.   Reddick actually shoots the ball and offers some secondary ball-handling too.   He is the ideal SG to pair with Conley IF he was younger. 

His age is the reason why I think we can affordably get him and he fits into the Mike and Marc window.

His age is the reason why I think we can affordably get him and he fits into the Mike and Marc window.

Problem is that means our perimeter players will all be poor defenders  (Mike + JJ + Parsons).   IF we never signed Parsons and could put a legit 3D type(MKG) at the SF spot instead then i would do that.   Otherwise that would be a disaster defensively. 

Parsons being healthy negates the need for a JJ Redick. 

I used to believe that but Conley has convinced me this season that he may be better paired with a tall PG who can take the ball handling requirements of his shoulder and let Conley focus on making plays. One reason Conley's scoring is up of late is the fact that someone else is doing the majority of the grunt work of a PG. 

Conley isn't a good enough scorer to be the primary perimeter scorer

Does conley in your opinion have any merits as a basketball player?

Okay. Suggest an alternative solution. I'll wait.

What Parsons terrible play has shown me is that we could/would have been better served gifting Baldwin 24 minutes a night. The upside is much better.

GF it's the same solution as it's always been. Conley needs a secondary ball handler, playmaker and scorer on the court with him to take some of the pressure off of him.  That was supposed to be Parsons but his knees appear finished

Conley is the teams only facilitator and the only perimeter player that can create his own shot. That's too much to ask

GF it's the same solution as it's always been. Conley needs a secondary ball handler, playmaker and scorer on the court with him to take some of the pressure off of him.  That was supposed to be Parsons but his knees appear finished

Conley is the teams only facilitator and the only perimeter player that can create his own shot. That's too much to ask

I hear Russell Westbrook complaining about this very thing all the time. 

Just teasing. I know Conley's size is a much bigger problem taking the grind of the NBA but I had to just tease you a little bit. Please don't take it as anything but a gentle ribbing. 

GF it's the same solution as it's always been. Conley needs a secondary ball handler, playmaker and scorer on the court with him to take some of the pressure off of him. That was supposed to be Parsons but his knees appear finished

Conley is the teams only facilitator and the only perimeter player that can create his own shot. That's too much to ask

What should we ask of conley?

What should we ask of conley?

Well he's paid better than anyone else in the league... ;)

Conley isnt anywhere near the player Westbrook is. If you're asking Conley to be what Westbrook is for OKC then you're asking for trouble

Conley isnt anywhere near the player Westbrook is. If you're asking Conley to be what Westbrook is for OKC then you're asking for trouble

How far apart is Westbrook and conley, would you estimate? Can you provide an analogy?

OKC has Oladipo also. Who would be best playmaker Conley has had.