Sign in to follow this  
Wells

Pick Eleven: I Got A Feelin'

In games 62-72 of the 2016-17 season...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. the Grizzlies win-loss record will be...

• 10-1 or better.
    • 9-2.
    • 8-3.
    • 7-4.
    • 6-5.
    • 5-6.
    • 4-7.
    • 3-8.
    • 2-9.
    • 1-10 or worse.

And here we are for the seventh Pick thread of the 2016-17 season.  This season is moving faster than I would have believed, in part because my professional life has kept me from paying as close attention as I would have normally liked.

Luckily, the Grizzlies' success is not dependent upon my attention, as the team is comfortably in the playoff race, grinding along winning about six out of every ten games. There are a lot of NBA pundits out there with some egg on their faces, as they predicted the Boys in Beale Street Blue to finish under 0.500.

I'm stealing some time at work to post this thread, so I'm going to give my full game breakdowns later when I'm off the clock. Pick 'Em game is March 15 in Chicago, and no, I'm not using the Ides of March as the theme here. Instead, I'm taking a positive view on the world, as March 15 also happens to be the birthday of will.i.am, and I've got a feeling that it's gonna be a good night!

3/03 @ Mavs - W.

3/04 @ Rockets - L.

3/06 v. Nets - W.

3/09 v. Clippers - L.

3/11 v. Hawks - W.

3/13 v. Bucks - W.

3/15 @ Bulls - W. Grizz score 102.

3/16 @ Hawks - L.

3/18 v. Spurs - W.

3/21 @ Pelicans - W.

3/23 @ Spurs - L.

That's 7-4, scoring 102 in the Pick 'Em. Hop on!

3/03 @ Mavs - W.

3/04 @ Rockets - L.

3/06 v. Nets - W.

3/09 v. Clippers - L.

3/11 v. Hawks - W.

3/13 v. Bucks - W.

3/15 @ Bulls - L. Grizz score 98.

3/16 @ Hawks - L.

3/18 v. Spurs - L.

3/21 @ Pelicans - W.

3/23 @ Spurs - L.

That's 5-6, scoring 98.

That's all the leeway I can give. I better be on the bottom of predictions or I'm going to start calling people anti-fans!  ;)

Take The opposite spectrum of chip as I do have feeling. 8-3. This is where our push starts. 1 game behind the Jazz and only 1/2 a game behind clippers after rockets finish of this slaughter of a game. So 8-3 103pts be Chicago

3/03 @ Mavs - W

3/04 @ Rockets - L 

3/06 v. Nets - W

3/09 v. Clippers - W

3/11 v. Hawks - L

3/13 v. Bucks - W

3/15 @ Bulls - W

3/16 @ Hawks - W

3/18 v. Spurs - W

3/21 @ Pelicans - L

3/23 @ Spurs - L

Only the 2nd one on the 7-4 train. 106 v.s. the Bulls.

People have until halftime tonight to get their record picks in. Just a reminder.

Any chance we can get a synopsis of everyone's picks? 

Anyone feeling very confident about their selections this morning? 

Any chance we can get a synopsis of everyone's picks? 

Anyone feeling very confident about their selections this morning? 

My Apologies, Chip.  Work keeps kicking my @$$. 

8-3 - vikingwarrior (103)

7-4 - Wells (102), hallo_mates (104), GF#1 (106), nivek (99)

6-5 - Iron Mike, lions (108), Southern Dreadz (105), smit-tay griz (99)

5-6 - chipc3 (98), tmoneyinmphs (96)

You need to get your priorities in line!  :angry:

How can you let work get in the way of posting online???  :wacko:

;)

Well three games in and we are already about to lose a competitor. Barring a remarkable 8-0 streak VikingWarrior will not be a winner. 

I'm starting to worry that we all were too optimistic this time.  :(

Well three games in and we are already about to lose a competitor. Barring a remarkable 8-0 streak VikingWarrior will not be a winner.

I'm starting to worry that we all were too optimistic this time. :(

I don't know if we were too optimistic or it's just that the team is stuck in the middle of a transition. The Grizzlies have spent six seasons as defensive juggernauts, playing ground and pound. We now have a lot of personnel whose primary skills are on the offensive end, while the core still is at its best grinding games out. The team is betwixt and between two styles, and the chemistry has been effected.

I don't know if we were too optimistic or it's just that the team is stuck in the middle of a transition. The Grizzlies have spent six seasons as defensive juggernauts, playing ground and pound. We now have a lot of personnel whose primary skills are on the offensive end, while the core still is at its best grinding games out. The team is betwixt and between two styles, and the chemistry has been effected.

You think that is why the team suddenly went from competing for the 4th spot to not being able to win a game?

I know this question was directed to Wells, but imo that's only part of the problem. There are many. IE: Present player apathy, a lack of leadership, a loss of confidence, Parson being a starter, ( or even playing at all at this juncture ), a rookie head coach, and the overall mediocre team talent.

Zbo can't carry the team anymore.  Furthermore, he has been on the bench where he has continued to play good for the grizz and produces more than not when given the chance.

Marc and mike put up average numbers way too much.

Chandler parsons is giving you below average bench play as a starter making over 20 million.

You don't think there are at least a few guys on the team that resent that chandler parsons gets to keep starting?

That's the root of the problem.  I'm tired of hearing the bench and zbo being blamed or the coach.  It doesn't matter who is coaching, the problem remains that mike and marc can't carry a franchise like zbo once did and especially when they are carrying the anchor known as chandler parsons.

Looks like we will have our first strikeout in predictions. No one saw this collapse coming.

Grizzlies are 4-5 with road games against New Orleans and San Antonio.

Final two, smit-tay and chip. Same as last time.

I will gladly pass my half-crown to Smit-tay!