The REF

Are The Grizzlies Better Today Than Yesterday?

No but we're no worse than we were. Not too late to make a move we'll see whose bought out.

No but we're no worse than we were. Not too late to make a move we'll see whose bought out.

I agree with that, at least we are not worse.  What's this I'm hearing about Deron Williams, would he be a good pick u?

I agree with that, at least we are not worse.  What's this I'm hearing about Deron Williams, would he be a good pick u?

For sure.... when is deadline to decide on Tony Douglas?

Man we all know DWill is  going to tag team with Lebron.  I would say Bogut too, but he probably isn't ring hopping over money.

By definition, if you don't make a trade, you are no worse or better than you were the day before, when your roster was the same. 

Our roster got B Wright back and he's looking healthy so we actually are better w/o making a trade. But d@mn it would be nice if we could pick up Deron. He's probably going to go to the Cavs though I forgot about Lebron. Why would he pick Memphis over Lebron and a legit shot at the ring?

For the vet min yea. Highly doubt that happens tho. I think they'll roll with Douglas for the rest of the season.

Can we HONESTLY say we are? Thoughts?

Very hard to say if the team is better today than yesterday. They didn't play yesterday and aren't playing today after all.

;)

Perhaps you meant to ask is will the team be better after the all-star break than they were before the break? To answer that you have to make assumptions such as will the team be healthier down the stretch than they were at the start of the year? Will Chandler be in better shape and possibly regain his shooting form? Will the team sign Douglas for the rest of the season or not? Will Brandan Wright play the rest of the year?

So many questions but overall I expect the team will be better post all-star break than pre all-star break simply because they are more familiar with Fizdale's system, have gotten their players closer at least to healthy and aren't rolling out players on rookie deals so often.

The team is not better. If they were wanting to win they would've gotten a backup PG, if they were wanting to go ahead and call it a season than they would just trade Randolph, Allen, or Vince. As crazy as this sounds, I think Randolph is still worth a first round pick.

Grizzlies just decided to float. They're floating on the Mississippi right now, going south. South. south.

The organizations main goal is to continue to sell tickets and Core 4 jerseys/merchandise for as long as they can. It's a business. Winning a championship is obviously a secondary goal

The organizations main goal is to continue to sell tickets and Core 4 jerseys and merchandise for as long as they can. It's a business. Winning a championship is obviously a secondary goal

I agree!

Also the GOAL is to get BETTER, not STAY the SAME.  If you playing to stay the same you will always be the same!  

The organizations main goal is to continue to sell tickets and Core 4 jerseys/merchandise for as long as they can. It's a business. Winning a championship is obviously a secondary goal

54152751.jpg

Yes it is.

Big markets like Boston can afford to just scrap everything and start over. They are going to sell tickets anyway. This Grizzlies team is not a championship core but it is the most successful in franchise history. That's why they wont scrap it.

Yes it is.

Big markets like Boston can afford to just scrap everything and start over. They are going to sell tickets anyway. This Grizzlies team is not a championship core but it is the most successful in franchise history. That's why they wont scrap it.

I want to see how this city responds to a big time star, even if we are not winning a lot. Think landing LBJ, Melo, or Wade in 03. I think all the bandwagon types that flood this city would be showing up to see a guy like that regularly.

Our roster got B Wright back and he's looking healthy so we actually are better w/o making a trade. But d@mn it would be nice if we could pick up Deron. He's probably going to go to the Cavs though I forgot about Lebron. Why would he pick Memphis over Lebron and a legit shot at the ring?

Wright will not play against Indiana tomorrow night. Taking a personal day off. As of now, no info has been given for what the personal day is for. I guess the All Star break days off weren't enough for him. This guy cannot be depended on.

Well at least I can count on the Grizzlies Forum for never failing to give me my daily dose of pessimism and complaining :)

Wright will not play against Indiana tomorrow night. Taking a personal day off. As of now, no info has been given for what the personal day is for. I guess the All Star break days off weren't enough for him. This guy cannot be depended on.

Do you want him to plan personal issues during breaks?? Life happens man .

I hate to break into the ******* and moaning thread, but the grizzlies spend more money in the off-season than any team in the league, they brought in the biggest free-agent acquisition of any team in parsons. If they just wanted to float on the Mississippi, I think they could have done that a lot cheaper than they actually did.

Teams that blow up their rosters at the trade deadline are always looking for a splash to re-energize their base, but rarely does it become anything.

He and his wife were/are expecting twins.

I hate to break into the ******* and moaning thread, but the grizzlies spend more money in the off-season than any team in the league, they brought in the biggest free-agent acquisition of any team in parsons. If they just wanted to float on the Mississippi, I think they could have done that a lot cheaper than they actually did.

Teams that blow up their rosters at the trade deadline are always looking for a splash to re-energize their base, but rarely does it become anything.

Wasn't Al Horford a bigger deal than Chandler Parsons?

Wasn't Al Horford a bigger deal than Chandler Parsons?

I'm sure you think so. But horford has been getting worse every year, and the hawks didn't exactly fall off a cliff without him. So, i'm sure, in your mind you think horford is some star player, when the reality is he is just average.

Also, I didn't say chandler was the biggest free agent contract

I'm sure you think so. But horford has been getting worse every year, and the hawks didn't exactly fall off a cliff without him. So, i'm sure, in your mind you think horford is some star player, when the reality is he is just average.

Also, I didn't say chandler was the biggest free agent contract

I think monetarily Horford's deal was far larger than Parson's deal and as far as productivity Horford's deal has had more impactl for the Celtics as well.

Uhhhhh Mr. Kevin Durant. Parsons was a bigger signing than him?

He may have been bigger in all respects to most fans but I'm sure KBM will say Durant is over the hill and his production has dropped significantly at Golden State so it isn't bigger!  :lol: