Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobblybook1

Darren Collison Being Shopped

64 posts in this topic

Should we consider going after him since the Kings are trying to shop him? We are in dire need of a backup pg. he's listed at 5 mil a year and seems decent.

we got a solid backup already.

Naw -- Douglas is not THAT good.

Douglas is just better than what we had, which made him look better than what he really is. Fans weren't screaming for Toney Douglas prior to his first stint here lol. 

I'm definitely down for getting Collison as long as it doesn't cost us too much.

^^ No we dont

Douglas is sub par as far as back ups are concerned. He can't run high low with gasol or Randolph and is very bothered by length. I say we really need a 3&d guy or backup pg. everything else is not as important atm. Tyreke is also being shopped.

Hell nah. If we're really that desperate for a backup pg then they need to bring in Chalmers for a workout. I don't see why they wouldn't when the Cavs and now the Pelicans are checkin to see if he's healthy. If he's good to go then thats the move to make. We don't give anyone up (except Douglas), he knows the system, he'd cost only the vet minimum, and with us bein the last team he's played on we would have partial bird rights i believe.

Blows my mind how some of these guys like Douglas get so overrated by some.

He's not that good.

Douglas chemistry is not there. If you watch film he simply cannot run our offense. Chalmers is hands down better but we don't know is shape. I mean dude just had an Achilles surgery. Achilles

He's not that good.

Blows my mind as well. 

And we are not bringing in a guy who hasn't played a NBA game since last March coming off a torn achilles. I'm so tired of hearing about Chalmers. All because another team is looking at him doesn't mean we have to go get him. Cavs can afford to do whatever they want. If Chalmers doesn't work out, so what? Not sure why the Pelicans would want him when they need more wing depth than PG help. 

He's not that good.

He's really not even an adequate backup PG. Solid third stringer, but we are in trouble if they think he's the solution.

Can we cop Galloway if Sac lets him go? I heard Windhorst talking about them potentially cutting him on the Lowe Post pod.

I don't want Collison because he is another small PG that cannot defend.   We already have that in Conley.   Part of the reason why Douglas gets overrated is because he is a solid defender and decent shooter and has enough size to play alongside Conley.   That was one of the major reasons Chalmers was so good. 

I agree with you all that it's foolish to think that Douglas cannot be easily replaced or overrate him.  It's just that i don't think Colison is a good fit or longterm answer.  

When looking at backup PG it should be automatically understood that the guy will have some visible warts.  Expecting your backup PG to be a good defender, passer, and shooter is ridiculous and unrealistic.  

What one should evaluate when looking for a backup PG is simply how does he fit with second unit?   Is he a change of pace from starter?  

Ultimately we have two rookie PG's that have the physical profiles and unrefined skillsets that line up perfectly.   Too bad they aren't ready to step into those roles today. 

Yea he (Collison) is undersized but an upgrade over Tony Douglas. Just need to look at the available point guards and see which would provide us the spark off the bench. Some defense would be nice as well

Im Tyreke gets bought out then I would be very intrigued what he could look like on the Grizzlies. Brings a lot of size and playmaking but not sure how good his defense is.

Im Tyreke gets bought out then I would be very intrigued what he could look like on the Grizzlies. Brings a lot of size and playmaking but not sure how good his defense is.

I'm all for giving him a look in that scenario.

great pick-up for the grizzlies GREIVIS VASQUEZ

Greivis showed heart when he played here that will be a great pick-up

great pick-up for the grizzlies GREIVIS VASQUEZ

Wait, when did they get Vasquez? Link?

He's really not even an adequate backup PG. Solid third stringer, but we are in trouble if they think he's the solution.

Wasn't he part of the Terrible Nine that won 6of7?

Wasn't he part of the Terrible Nine that won 6of7?

I think you will find that was Harrison

Toney Douglas is better than Greivis or Mario Chalmers since they are both coming off pretty serious injuries.

They are all 30 years old now (older than Conley), and until Chalmers or Greivis get healthy they will be the guys brought in to audition for teams until this season is done.  I hope they both get healthy and are able to play a few more years.

I'm kinda surprised Norris Cole isn't in that rotation of players that keep trying out for teams.