Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrizzTigerFan

Trade Deadline Primer - Grizz Player Rankings

52 posts in this topic

I guess we will sign Tony Allen to a 4 year deal in the offseason because he is a "fan favorite." Statements like these makes me question the Grizzlies organization and the fanbase itself. Nobody really cares if Tony Allen gets traded. It'll probably stink for a minutes because of the memories he brought to Memphis, but his time in Memphis was over last year.

People that want Tony traded in general want to move to a more up and down style of basketball, and not because Tony isn't good at what he does.

The problem is that the grizzlies are a defensive team, so it often doesn't make a lot of sense when people send him packing. To us, it makes little sense the way the team is constructed to do that.

Think Bruce Bowen or the red rocket. If you trade Tony you might as well have a fire sale, ala Boston.

Phoenix is asking for an expiring contract and high 2nd round pick for Knight.

Sounds like our kinda deal.

BHZ is calling his shot. :D

Would give us a startin SG. But would need to move multiple players. Maybe TA/Carter/Harrison/2nd for Knight?

Knight makes 12 mil a year. The only guy that is somewhat expendable is Vince, but that would be a real ****** thing to do to Vince who is working his *** off to try to be a part of a championship team.

I mean I could not do it, tell Vince we are trading you to a bottom dwelling team. That would be almost inhuman.

Not that Dallas is a major threat to us, but its kinda frustrating seeing literally everyone in our division improving in some way except us.

The Spurs haven't made a move as of yet, but they're battling for the #1 seed right now with their starting C out. I'm not saying we should make a deal just to make it, but there should be some sort of value out there for our guys. Phoenix is asking for a 1st for PJ TUCKER. Please don't go into this 2nd half with the mindset of "we are okay with Toney Douglas as our backup PG"

The only thing that scares me about Knight is that contract and his production. That is where someone like Lou Williams would have been perfect.

I don't really see any trades out there for available players that will push the needle since the FO really likes the group of guys we have. The Grizzlies are stuck in a weird flux right now because they have a few expiring guys but the team needs them for a deep playoff push.

You will need ZBo's post scoring and rebounding.

You will need Carter's all around balance without a bench play making proven backup PG.

You will need at least 3-4 TA games where he shuts someone down.

With that being said, you might be able to handle a Carter trade for Collison since that would give you the play making you need and they are both expiring so it's an overall wash. That would give you the room then for Ennis and Daniels to play. I would call Sac and start at Carter + 2nd for Collison.

Not that Dallas is a major threat to us, but its kinda frustrating seeing literally everyone in our division improving in some way except us.

The Spurs haven't made a move as of yet, but they're battling for the #1 seed right now with their starting C out. I'm not saying we should make a deal just to make it, but there should be some sort of value out there for our guys. Phoenix is asking for a 1st for PJ TUCKER. Please don't go into this 2nd half with the mindset of "we are okay with Toney Douglas as our backup PG"

People might think I'm crazy, but the only player that I might consider trading would be Mike.

A deal something like this, Melo to Clippers, jcraw and Mike to new York, jj Reddick to twolves, the Grizz get Rubio and new York first round pick.

People that want Tony traded in general want to move to a more up and down style of basketball, and not because Tony isn't good at what he does.

The problem is that the grizzlies are a defensive team, so it often doesn't make a lot of sense when people send him packing. To us, it makes little sense the way the team is constructed to do that.

Think Bruce Bowen or the red rocket. If you trade Tony you might as well have a fire sale, ala Boston.

Have you been watching the games this year?  Are you seriously suggesting that moving Tony signals that we need to have a fire sale??  Any real Grizz fan that has watched the games this year know that the only player on our team that moves the needle is Marc.   If we trade him for draft picks then yes may as well start a fire sale.  

But Tony?? are you kidding me?   We don't need elite level defense to grind out wins anymore and we don't need to become a run and gun team either.  Defense is solid with or without Tony now and the offense is better without him. 

Our division added Aldridge, Pau, Cousins and Noel over the last couple years. Crazy Southwest...

So if Tony is not a Grizzly in October, is it a fire sell? What's the difference between getting rid of Tony now, than deciding not to sign him in the summer? We will still be good enough for a playoff spot even if Tony would be traded in the next few hours.

We need to rebuild. We are putting pieces of glass on a mirror that was shattered years ago.

People might think I'm crazy, but the only player that I might consider trading would be Mike.

A deal something like this, Melo to Clippers, jcraw and Mike to new York, jj Reddick to twolves, the Grizz get Rubio and new York first round pick.

Phil Jackson called Conleys contract outrageous

Phil Jackson called Conleys contract outrageous

But he likes melos contract? Anyway, to get Conley he'd pay up, no doubt.

The grizzlies aren't going to do that deal.

But I think that getting rubio would at least be somewhat okay with Marc, I'm also thinking that getting Reddick for Rubio would be something that minny would do. The hang up would be who takes Crawfords contract?

It might be that the Grizz would have to eat it. But a deal like this depending on what first rounder we get from new York would be a rare deal that all sides would like.

Mmmmmmmmm why do I like this TRADE for some reason?  

Yep, a team that is desperately grabbing PGs off the dung heap should trade its starter. Makes sense.

Mmmmmmmmm why do I like this TRADE for some reason?  

It gets rid of our biggest contract and gets us a good 1st round pick (which we're lacking this year).  

Not sure what to think of Rubio.  And don't think all of the stars would align to ever make this trade work.  

Essentially you're saying TA is the most important piece on the team. Without him we're lost and that just is not true at all. His offense is still horrendous even though it's gotten better this year but he's lost a step on defense. Consistently getting beat off the dribble and always gambling on steals. If he's not being ELITE (and he's not) at defense then no reason to keep him. 

Reported that Boston has added Jam to their list of possible targets.

Getting someone like Marcus Smart would be nice for this squad especially if you are letting TA walk this offseason.

Reported that Boston has added Jam to their list of possible targets.

Getting someone like Marcus Smart would be nice for this squad especially if you are letting TA walk this offseason.

Give them Jam and Tony for Avery Bradley all day!!! 

Give them Jam and Tony for Avery Bradley all day!!! 

Jam and Tony couldn't get you Bradley.

Jam and Tony couldn't get you Bradley.

Jam, Tony, + a Ham Sandwich wouldn't get you Bradley!  He's essentially an ALL STAR PLAYER!

Jam, Tony, + a Ham Sandwich wouldn't get you Bradley!  He's essentially an ALL STAR PLAYER!

Some people would say the same thing about Conley. I think Ainge would be hesitant to bring Tony Allen back after Tony turned down his contract offer when he was much younger anyway. 

Essentially you're saying TA is the most important piece on the team. Without him we're lost and that just is not true at all. His offense is still horrendous even though it's gotten better this year but he's lost a step on defense. Consistently getting beat off the dribble and always gambling on steals. If he's not being ELITE (and he's not) at defense then no reason to keep him.

He is a make or break player for this team, defensively. If the grizzlies have any shot at the championship they have to control golden states 3 point shooting. Marc can't do it, Mike can't do it, so yes Tony is very important to the championship goals.

I pretty much feel that Tony's skillet is irreplaceable.

Now if we got jimmy butler then yeah Tony is expendable.

But our defense will not be elite without Tony and it has to be elite to beat the warriors.

No I just want a SG that can shoot, and make shots.

D is a team effort - everyone has to contribute there