When Parsons is finals Nba in 4 months you're not allowed to celebrate

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

When Parsons is finals NBA?

Does anyone remember that routine from Eddie Murphy: RAW, where he talks about women divorcing and getting half the guy's stuff?  Talking about Johnny Carson?

"It's not like she got a weekend job at the boutique and said, 'Here Johnny, here's $75, now we have $50 million and 75 dollars together.' Johnny was good for $50 million already."

So are you telling me, that if the Grizzlies get to the finals, we aren't allowed to celebrate because Parsons is ticking some of us off right now?  Because of course, he has been so integral to our success this season?

Logic is a beautiful thing.

And for those who say this is jealousy, I can't speak for others, but it's not jealousy me.  Despite how it is turning out so far, I STILL like the signing.  The only way I wouldn't is if it came out that medical people were deliberately lying about his condition.  The league wouldn't have allowed the signing if it appeared his playing days were over.  It was a gutsy move by a team that needed to make a gutsy move.  The fact that we've been so good without him just makes it easier to swallow.

What is not easy to swallow is to see an athlete - any athlete - show that he has no fire in his belly.  I'm not seeing any fire from Chandler right now.  Maybe this is how he has always been, and I didn't see it before.  What I am seeing reminds me more of why I wanted nothing to do with Hasheem Thabeet.  That he was in the NBA for one reason, to get paid.  That attitude puts you one rung lower than a coward from my perspective.  So maybe I'm not so much upset about this as I am disgusted by it, for that reason.  

I don't expect him to return the money, or retire.  I just want him to recognize the situation and display a little humility.  I guarantee Tony Allen, Z-bo, Conley, Gasol, none of them would be as endearing if they flaunted their wealth, especially when not able to perform.  And none of them do.  In Z-bo's case particularly, quite the opposite; he gives back to the community in a very tangible way.  Does Chandler support any kind of cause?  Great.  Let him talk that up.  A lot.  A lot more than seeing jets on his Snapchat and making comebacks about hitting the lottery.

Dude gets a vacation. I'm cool with that. They play a lot, train a lot, practice a lot, get rehabbed a lot. So whatever

his entire life is a vacation.

how dare a young, handsome, single millionaire enjoy taking a few days off and making the most of his dream lifestyle. how dare he.

how dare a young, handsome, single millionaire enjoy taking a few days off and making the most of his dream lifestyle. how dare he.

What if he was ugly? Would it be ok then?

I actually think his good looks plays a big role in the negative reaction he is getting

I actually think his good looks plays a big role in the negative reaction he is getting

I think so too.

It makes his actions look much worse because people hate to see him out with models and stuff. Makes it seem like he's doing something different than the rest of our roster lol. 

Do people remember that party bus video a few years ago after the Grizz beat the Clippers in LA? All the players were getting on the bus and some chick sat on TA's lap? Haven't heard a thing about it. But, it all plays in to favoritism. It ain't the first incident I've seen involving players on our roster. 

Let these guys live their personal life. If you not going to shame everyone on the team for their wrong doings, don't single out one guy. That's how I look at it. 

Agreed. A healthy Chandler Parsons doesn't move the needle at all for the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies biggest needs are a superstar and a quality 2nd option. Parsons solves none of those problems.  He's not the difference between the Grizzlies being a 5-8 treadmill team and championship.

Well why in the world did they sign him to a max contract? That is going to cripple them for years to come. 

I can't believe that some of yall are coming with this mess...no one cares about his good looks or his money...

We care that he is on a 19 minutes a game restriction while tying up 23 mil of the salary cap.

If people were envious, why not be envious of Conley who makes 50 million more?

Oh...how bout Because we saw Mike dominate a playoff game with a freaking broken face. We know that guy bring it through injuries or whatever when he hits the floor.

This is Memphis and we want our players to care as much as we do, and bring the effort when they are on the floor.

We will turn on you quick if just the perception of not caring is there, or lack of effort. Rudy Gay and Pau Gasol are good examples and both of those guys were better Grizzlies players than Chandler has been so far.

I think so too.

It makes his actions look much worse because people hate to see him out with models and stuff. Makes it seem like he's doing something different than the rest of our roster lol.

Do people remember that party bus video a few years ago after the Grizz beat the Clippers in LA? All the players were getting on the bus and some chick sat on TA's lap? Haven't heard a thing about it. But, it all plays in to favoritism. It ain't the first incident I've seen involving players on our roster.

Let these guys live their personal life. If you not going to shame everyone on the team for their wrong doings, don't single out one guy. That's how I look at it.

Nah in this money class butt ugly dudes could get model chicks too. Harden just paid one and people were on him too. Its all about the person.

I can't believe that some of yall are coming with this mess...no one cares about his good looks or his money...

We care that he is on a 19 minutes a game restriction while tying up 23 mil of the salary cap.

If people were envious, why not be envious of Conley who makes 50 million more?

Oh...how bout Because we saw Mike dominate a playoff game with a freaking broken face. We know that guy bring it through injuries or whatever when he hits the floor.

This is Memphis and we want our players to care as much as we do, and bring the effort when they are on the floor.

We will turn on you quick if just the perception of not caring is there, or lack of effort. Rudy Gay and Pau Gasol are good examples and both of those guys were better Grizzlies players than Chandler has been so far.

I think the issue is some people think you have to do a certain thing to show that you care. 

You think Parsons is telling the team don't play him on back to backs or limit his minutes? That's a staff decision, not his. Embiid was at a concert dancing like it was his last day on earth with no shirt and the Sixers been resting him. You think people questioning HIM or the training/coaching staff/front office? 

Stop getting into this "he doesn't care" mess. I can say players on our team don't care when they start ******* about playing time and disrupting team chemistry. I'll say a player doesn't care when they're constantly putting the team in a bad position and their actions are causing internal stir. Things like getting ejected, getting techs all the time, going to jail for illegal stuff, causing issues in the locker room, etc. I just never understood it. Because people don't live a certain quiet lifestyle like Conley and don't act or LOOK like they don't care at times that means they don't bring effort? 

Tailor your expectations of the player first. Maybe I would be more upset if he was 100% healthy going into the season and just decided not to play basketball. 

Andrew Harrison looks like he cared to me. That wasn't stopping people from crucifying him in games. Like I said, people play the favoritism card here a lot. I've been watching this team for far too long to have someone tell me differently.

When he is on the court he seems to be giving his all so I don't understand how it seems like he lacks effort or doesnt care? The man can barely get up and down the court right now.

When he is on the court he seems to be giving his all so I don't understand how it seems like he lacks effort or doesnt care? The man can barely get up and down the court right now.

Because his jumpshot isn't falling, he doesn't care.

Who knew efficiency was the difference in that? 

He's only good in a very freelance offense... Playing team oriented is too confusing for him.

I mean all he does are iso stuff..I don't think he's had one hockey assist.

To play devil's advocate, Fizdale went on a beach vacation too. Couldn't be be spending his home more wisely to improve the team as well?

Fiz obviously doesn't care. He should have spent that time in Memphis watching film

Only difference is that we don't know what all of the other guys will be doing on their off time, that I am aware of. Why? Because they are being low key about it. Not coming up with hashtags on social media.

Parsons can do what he wants, but the criticism is fair, based on his lack of production.

Don't want this to be an issue? Perform.

If he walks his talk, then this wouldnt be an issue.

Precisely.

I know he's still recovering, but he has to be a factor before it's all said and done or all of these things will be brought back up in the offseason. Fair or not, mark my words.

Chandler Parsons was offered a contract which he accepted. I don't blame him for what he's being paid. Anyone in his shoes would have accepted the deal. 

I do wish he would consider his social media actions before posting. Wearing a Charlotte jersey, standing in front of a private plane, preparing to go to Cancun isn't exactly the nicest way to show the fans of Memphis what is important to you after spending the first part of his stay here too injured and out of shape to play.

If he had the sense not to post it people wouldn't be upset with him right now. He brought this on himself by flaunting his good fortune.