The_PROOF

Troy Williams Appreciation Thread

170 posts in this topic

SMDH at this one. Instead of getting rid of Wade Baldwin's non-producing *** or trash *** Andrew Harrison, we cut the one guy who actually plays like he belongs in the NBA.

I thought they shouldve pulled this move instead of cuttin Douglas earlier tbh. Don't forget they cut Ennis round this time last year too n brought him back. They couldve worked out a deal with Troy where if noone picks him up off waivers he goes to Iowa for the rest of the year n they bring him back over the summer. I don't think we've seen the last of Troy Williams in a grizzlies uniform

However, this move probably kills ever seein Chalmers in a grizzlies uniform again.

Edit- wait u wanted them to get rid of their first round pick just cuz an undrafted rookie was havin a better first year? Lol ok. Placin my bets on Baldwin havin a better career than Williams.

I thought they shouldve pulled this move instead of cuttin Douglas earlier tbh. Don't forget they cut Ennis round this time last year too n brought him back. They couldve worked out a deal with Troy where if noone picks him up off waivers he goes to Iowa for the rest of the year n they bring him back over the summer. I don't think we've seen the last of Troy Williams in a grizzlies uniform

However, this move probably kills ever seein Chalmers in a grizzlies uniform again.

Edit- wait u wanted them to get rid of their first round pick just cuz an undrafted rookie was havin a better first year? Lol ok. Placin my bets on Baldwin havin a better career than Williams.

Lol I'm just saying, Williams stepped up and played big whenever he was called upon this season. What has Baldwin done? Harrison? They're the reason why we have to cut Troy, not Troy himself.

I'm not saying cut your first round pick...but don't cut the guy who deserves to be on the team.

Lol I'm just saying, Williams stepped up and played big whenever he was called upon this season. What has Baldwin done? Harrison? They're the reason why we have to cut Troy, not Troy himself.

I'm not saying cut your first round pick...but don't cut the guy who deserves to be on the team.

Im with you on this one. I hope we get Troy back someday.

This is depressing. Troy was nothing but great for us every time he had to step it and embraced being a Grizzly posting every day about it on social media..

hahahahaha why am I not surprised

Better be creating a roster spot for a good **** reason. Troy was great for us. Great. Real shame.

Edit: Just read it was to sign Douglas. Would of rather had Troy. We do need help at backup point though.. just wish we could of made another move.

hahahahaha why am I not surprised

Better be creating a roster spot for a good **** reason. Troy was great for us. Great. Real shame.

Edit: Just read it was to sign Douglas. Would of rather had Troy. We do need help at backup point though.. just wish we could of made another move.

Who's even making these calls? Moronic. As if the Parsons signing and Conley contract weren't enough.

Who's even making these calls? Moronic. As if the Parsons signing and Conley contract weren't enough.

Parsons and Conley had nothing to do with Williams, Douglas, Baldwin, and even Harrison. Have a feeling that you're the guy that'll go straight cussing tomorrow if a player does something bad, or not up to your standards. In addition, you already don't know where Brandan Wright is from. He is from Nashville, went to Brentwood Academy. He is not from Memphis (hint: look at the coment you made on the entertaining offers from Chandler Parsons).

Parsons and Conley had nothing to do with Williams, Douglas, Baldwin, and even Harrison. Have a feeling that you're the guy that'll go straight cussing tomorrow if a player does something bad, or not up to your standards. In addition, you already don't know where Brandan Wright is from. He is from Nashville, went to Brentwood Academy. He is not from Memphis (hint: look at the coment you made on the entertaining offers from Chandler Parsons).

You have terrible comprehension. I didn't say they had anything to do with eachother. I'm saying they're all dumb front office moves. As much as I love Conley too.

Oh boo hoo I meant Tennessee, I said Memphis by mistake. Who cares? It's still considered close to his family.

Big mistake as usual by the incompetent talent evaluators in the FO.

Troy Williams will have a better career then all our first-second year players except for D.Davis.

Big mistake as usual by the incompetent talent evaluators in the FO.

Troy Williams will have a better career then all our first-second year players except for D.Davis.

Meh Even D.Davis might be out of the league after a few years. 

EDIT:

Oh I forgot, we have Fizz as our coach. nvm lol

Is this for real? Troy was our best prospect in my opinion.. what a joke.

So a rookie is being demoted and another released to create PT for a veteran who was out of the league.

I wonder if those who were critical of Joerger for the Grizzlies FO releasing Ennis for a veteran center last year will be critical of Fizdale releasing Williams for Douglas this year? Or will they criticize Wallace for both deals?

More likely they'll continue to make excuses for Fizdale/Wallace and defend the team not developing youth in a season where the team is in 7th place in the conference when basically healthy. They'll continue to defend Fizdale starting Parsons over Ennis, releasing Troy Williams for Toney Douglas, demoting Harrison and Martin so Brandan Wright and Toney Douglas can get minutes and still proclaim Fizdale is trying to develop youth.

The truth is that Fizdale is playing only veterans of at least 3 NBA seasons now. He's playing 40 year old Vince Carter and broken down, out of shape Chandler Parsons while releasing a promising rookie in Troy Williams. I'm not critical of this either. I just feel those who criticized Joerger/Wallace last year are being hypocritical now.

So a rookie is being demoted and another released to create PT for a veteran who was out of the league.

I wonder if those who were critical of Joerger for the Grizzlies FO releasing Ennis for a veteran center last year will be critical of Fizdale releasing Williams for Douglas this year? Or will they criticize Wallace for both deals?

More likely they'll continue to make excuses for Fizdale/Wallace and defend the team not developing youth in a season where the team is in 7th place in the conference when basically healthy. They'll continue to defend Fizdale starting Parsons over Ennis, releasing Troy Williams for Toney Douglas, demoting Harrison and Martin so Brandan Wright and Toney Douglas can get minutes and still proclaim Fizdale is trying to develop youth.

The truth is that Fizdale is playing only veterans of at least 3 NBA seasons now. He's playing 40 year old Vince Carter and broken down, out of shape Chandler Parsons while releasing a promising rookie in Troy Williams. I'm not critical of this either. I just feel those who criticized Joerger/Wallace last year are being hypocritical now.

That is actually very fair to say, Chip. Can't argue with that.

This is messed up. Troy WIlliams was the one guy out of the group of youngsters I thought could get major playing time. Why waive him (well, I know why, he was undrafted and cheap to cut) and keep 2 guys at the PG position only to bring in another PG? If anything, they should have cut either Baldwin or Harrison, i would have gone with Harrison.

This is depressing. i wanted Douglas back but I didn't think they would release a youngster at a totally different position. I thought they would sacrifice Harrison which I would have been totally fine with but now we're overloaded at backup PG but only 1 can play effectively. 

I'm done with this team until Wallace is gone I could care less what happens with this sensitive *** franchise. You have 4 soon to be free agents and two rookie pgs that suck. Yet u release the best dynamic wing player u had to rent TD. For what???? You are losing in the second round with or without a back up pg. Troy Williams was the Only young player that looked like he could have a real role next year.

This Franchise makes the worst decions I've ever seen in all sports. They deserve to be what they are. A team running in circles that will never win anytyhbg. Why not just cut Harrison if they needed a spot so badly what's the point in having 4 pgs if only two are worth playing.

I won't blame fizz completely cause he did play the young guys at least. But Wallace is a passive #POS there is no way as the main person in charge that you allow this crap to happen again we have tried the vets over rookies/young player crap for years it doesn't work. It doesn't give them a better chance to win anything all it does is make you look stupid for losing cause you can't use your young players as excuses cause you don't have any.

I can't say they are being cheap cause they will have to play for this new dleague team so they are spending money, so this on decision making.

Doubt the grizzlies are going to be able to keep Troy Williams. It sucks. Somebody will snatch the guy up. But he was the easiest to let go, and so I see it.

Doubt the grizzlies are going to be able to keep Troy Williams. It sucks. Somebody will snatch the guy up. But he was the easiest to let go, and so I see it.

What cause his contract was 400 thousand cheaper than Harrison. Stop making excuse they were being cheap a week after announcing they got their own dleague team that they will have to pay for, they do this cheap crap. No way Harrison is better than will at any position on the court so why not just cut him.

I won't blame fizz completely cause he did play the young guys at least. But Wallace is a passive #POS there is no way as the main person in charge that you allow this crap to happen again we have tried the vets over rookies/young player crap for years it doesn't work. It doesn't give them a better chance to win anything all it does is make you look stupid for losing cause you can't use your young players as excuses cause you don't have any.

I can't say they are being cheap cause they will have to play for this new dleague team so they are spending money, so this on decision making.

Did Fizdale "play the young guys" by desire or lack of alternatives? Gasol was on a minute restriction. Conley was on a minute restriction. Parsons was still recovering from injury. Wright was injured as well. The only move toward youth has been 26 year old JaMychal Green for Randolph in the starting lineup and even then Randolph not Green closes games (something I feel is more important). Fizdale was forced to play youth early because he didn't have enough healthy veterans to play. Even Troy Daniels had to play out of his head to start seeing minutes and they have been sporadic at best. 

The grizzlies are 2.5 games out of 4th seed with a realistic shot at it. And they have not been healthy the whole year, so I am not sure why you'd label it, "basically healthy." They haven't been basically healthy the whole year. Plus, they are 20-10 against the west and they have a winning record against every team but the clippers above them in the standings.

So, your post is pretty much inaccurate all the way around, other than the fact that they currently sit 7th in the west.

Did Fizdale "play the young guys" by desire or lack of alternatives? Gasol was on a minute restriction. Conley was on a minute restriction. Parsons was still recovering from injury. Wright was injured as well. The only move toward youth has been 26 year old JaMychal Green for Randolph in the starting lineup and even then Randolph not Green closes games (something I feel is more important). Fizdale was forced to play youth early because he didn't have enough healthy veterans to play. Even Troy Daniels had to play out of his head to start seeing minutes and they have been sporadic at best.

Agreed but fizz comes from a background with the heat where they were playing young over the old guys, so I know its in him unlike with Joerger being from Hollins tree. These decisions fall on Wallace he put this roster together. Another reason. Why I could see young guys not getting the proper run they deserve, is cause we waited too long to rely on younger players. Had we done it right our younger player should be second and third year guys like Jam and Ennis instead of rookies(Martin included). Yet we wasted so much time cycling vets to the point that now that they need some solid young back ups we don't have any cause it was never a priority to think ahead to this day.

The grizzlies are 2.5 games out of 4th seed with a realistic shot at it. And they have not been healthy the whole year, so I am not sure why you'd label it, "basically healthy." They haven't been basically healthy the whole year. Plus, they are 20-10 against the west and they have a winning record against every team but the clippers above them in the standings.

So, your post is pretty much inaccurate all the way around, other than the fact that they currently sit 7th in the west.

Who cares healthy, injured, partially healthy, or missing the 15th man it doesn't matter. This team doesn't have the mentality to win the big one even if they were given a 3-0 lead. Stop making excuses, they are wasting time trying to accomplish a short term goal while in the background the foundation is crumbling and as soon as Mike, Marc, Zbo, or TA fall off the cliff this team will die, cause those 4 are all they have and they are all they care about.

Who cares healthy, injured, partially healthy, or missing the 15th man it doesn't matter. This team doesn't have the mentality to win the big one even if they were given a 3-0 lead. Stop making excuses, they are wasting time trying to accomplish a short term goal while in the background the foundation is crumbling and as soon as Mike, Marc, Zbo, or TA fall off the cliff this team will die, cause those 4 are all they have and they are all they care about.

I believe that the year that they went to the west finals that with Rudy they might have gotten there. I also believe that if Conley and TA did not get hurt that year they would have possibly got past gs.

If you remember that year the grizzlies were 13th in offensive rating and 3rd in defensive rating, by far the best they have every been on both offense and defense.

The grizzlies have a history of beating gs, and it was only last year when the grizzlies were getting blown out by 50 against teams when everybody jumped off the bandwagon.

So I don't agree. I think that the grizzlies have had a lot of bad luck which has caused undue problems in the playoffs, but they are one of the best clutch teams in the league. Hopefully the grizzlies will be healthy this year throughout the playoffs and let's see what happens.

I haven't posted on this board in ages but felt compelled to add my 2 cents about how disgusted I am about this move.  No Troy wasn't ready to contribute this year, but we could all see that he had a ton of potential plus he had a couple of things you cannot teach, heart & hustle!  I hope the kid gets picked up by another team and blossoms. 

Good Luck Troy and BOOOOOO to the Grizzlies front office!