Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Don't Be Dumb Robert Pera, Zbo Is A Rental At This Point, Trade Him (2017 Salary Cap Edition)

Correct me if I am wrong, but according to what I am seeing, the grizzlies will either lose zbo or they sign him, his money is pretty much dead money in terms of him being waived: what I mean is that we won't get 15 million back in free agent money if we let him go. We get back nothing. We are up against the cap next year.

In my mind, that means that we better trade him now. I don't see any way that the grizzlies decide to keep him going forward, unless by a miracle the grizzlies win the championship.

We could trade Zbo for Darrell Arthur, a much better defender. Then ask for our #1 pick back. That would be an awesomely under the radar move: now we'd have Darrell as a Jam Green replacement, if somebody offers Jam a ridiculous number.

Arthur is secured for 1 more years at 7 million, which means it would technically put us over the cap, but depending on what we do with Tony, we'd be over the cap anyway, and I like having arthur on the team.

It's going to take a lot more than just telling Denver "Hey we want Darrell Arthur and our first round pick back for a 36 year old player that is declining."

I reckon ZBo stays only if he wants to stay enough to take a healthy pay cut. Which he can afford to do. 

But he won't do that if Parsons still isn't producing, because he can quite fairly say he'd be better value for money. 

You think Denver is going to give us DA AND a first round pick for a bench player on an expiring contract? What have you been smoking? Or drinking? Or is it you're just late taking your daily meds today?

You think Denver is going to give us DA AND a first round pick for a bench player on an expiring contract? What have you been smoking? Or drinking? Or is it you're just late taking your daily meds today?

Scoring points are all that matters in this league and zbo is one of the best point scorers in the league. Yes, I think they would do that in a second.

Zbo isn't really a bench player to be honest. 

Scoring points are all that matters in this league and zbo is one of the best point scorers in the league. Yes, I think they would do that in a second.

GOOODDDDDD NO! Denver is trying to develop for a future. They need all the draft picks they can get. 2 first rounders is a blessing in a which that is surrounded by first round players. Just be realistic. This isn't NBA 2K or whatever video game.

GOOODDDDDD NO! Denver is trying to develop for a future. They need all the draft picks they can get. 2 first rounders is a blessing in a which that is surrounded by first round players. Just be realistic. This isn't NBA 2K or whatever video game.

I feel like you don't know what you are talking about, but I don't know though.

Who's going into the playoffs with a serious chance, and needs a bulldozer to play PF?

Reckon if you have a serious chance, then you are already OK at PF. 

If you don't have a serious chance, why would you want a guy his age? 

I feel like you don't know what you are talking about, but I don't know though.

Sorry, I type pretty fast and I don't proofread any of my comments, which I need to for now on. NBA is a business as we all know, and it's not a buddy-buddy business. I know some of the fanbase is all in on trading Z-Bo and/or TA, and I know some of the fanbase is not all in on trading Z-Bo and/or TA.

We traded our first round pick to Cleveland, which Cleveland traded that pick to Denver. It will probably be a pick that'll be near 18-22. Denver's young and improving to say the least, and have the opportunity to have two first round picks (which is great because the NBA is a league where it is so heavily surrounded by players drafted in the first round, that was my point). We just can't call Denver and tell them that we want DA and our first round pick back, for a guy that is 36 who is probably won't be a Nugget entering the fall. That's pretty absurd. That's my point. Denver would be nuts for accepting that deal. That's why I said to be more realistic.

Sorry, I type pretty fast and I don't proofread any of my comments, which I need to for now on. NBA is a business as we all know, and it's not a buddy-buddy business. I know some of the fanbase is all in on trading Z-Bo and/or TA, and I know some of the fanbase is not all in on trading Z-Bo and/or TA.

We traded our first round pick to Cleveland, which Cleveland traded that pick to Denver. It will probably be a pick that'll be near 18-22. Denver's young and improving to say the least, and have the opportunity to have two first round picks (which is great because the NBA is a league where it is so heavily surrounded by players drafted in the first round, that was my point). We just can't call Denver and tell them that we want DA and our first round pick back, for a guy that is 36 who is probably won't be a Nugget entering the fall. That's pretty absurd. That's my point. Denver would be nuts for accepting that deal. That's why I said to be more realistic.

Denver has already called us about Zach (they've been doing it for years), and that's why I said that I feel like you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you haven't kept up with the rumors, and that's cool. So while I appreciate your logic, I can't really understand it. 

Also when you say that nobody is trading for a who is 36, it seems to show how biased you are (making an exaggeration) : Zach is 35. He won't be 36 until after the season. 

Wallace is bringing Zbo back. It's **** near a done deal. He's like an institution here, still has a role on the squad, close relationship with franchise player Gasol, and from a PR standpoint he's out here paying people's bills

i still like a deal of zbo for jameer  & nurkic as the main moving parts.

if we won't be keeping jam i'd send him to tor  and swap some of our 2nds for 1st .

maybe something with all three teams .

i still like a deal of zbo for jameer  & nurkic as the main moving parts.

if we won't be keeping jam i'd send him to tor  and swap some of our 2nds for 1st .

maybe something with all three teams .

Trading for Nurkic doesn't solve anything, but getting a young player that can't play with our core 4 of: Mike, Marc Tony and Chandler. You need to look at fit, instead of worrying about age so much. If Nurkic could be part of a big man front court then Denver wouldn't be trying to trade him.

They also aren't going to add nelson in that deal when they'd lose all of their backcourt depth. DA for Zach makes a lot more sense.  

Trading for Nurkic doesn't solve anything, but getting a young player that can't play with our core 4 of: Mike, Marc Tony and Chandler. You need to look at fit, instead of worrying about age so much. If Nurkic could be part of a big man front court then Denver wouldn't be trying to trade him.

They also aren't going to add nelson in that deal when they'd lose all of their backcourt depth. DA for Zach makes a lot more sense.

... for Denver.

... for Denver.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. Zbo, at times looks great and at times he looks terrible. Believe me, I don't think DA is zbo, but in my original trade the grizzlies also get their 1st back next year.

But again, when you see what zbo did against the jazz it makes you want to keep him. Like I said before, I don't understand this team. 

i'm not worrying about age too much , nurkic fills a need , a backup C that isn't disabled , Jameer Feels a need at backup PG .

Yes, trading for Darrell Arthur would be great if we were looking for another injured guy to sit on the bench.

The minute the guy walks onto the FedEx Forum wearing a Grizzlies uniform he's going to grab for a calf, shoulder or knee and have to sit out another 2 weeks with an injury.  Then he'll return to early, look great for 3 games, until he is out with another injury.

Granted, he looks like an ironman next to Wright, but picking up another oft-injured player is not going to help.

Yes, trading for Darrell Arthur would be great if we were looking for another injured guy to sit on the bench.

The minute the guy walks onto the FedEx Forum wearing a Grizzlies uniform he's going to grab for a calf, shoulder or knee and have to sit out another 2 weeks with an injury.  Then he'll return to early, look great for 3 games, until he is out with another injury.

Granted, he looks like an ironman next to Wright, but picking up another oft-injured player is not going to help.

Has he been injured much in Denver?  Not advocating any trade for Darrell Arthur...