The REF

Should Grizz Entertain Offers For Chandler Parson?

327 posts in this topic

the lakers game was horrible for him.

it truly looks like he has forgotten how to play the game.

come on.

maybe slide the stockings down. do something to try and remember.

slim.

Maybe one of Kate Beckensale's  otters bit his Johnson off  :blink:

like i said many times over and over c.parson signing will put the grizzlies back 5 years

Can't multiqoute on my phone right now but you and nqd and scooter are some sad old men. You guys should get together for games and complain. I bet you all would get some good bonding going on

i think Parsons rehabbing in Iowa makes the most sense. I understand why Fizz is starting him simply because he is trying to give the starters a jumpstart to gelling. However it's not working cuz of Parsons being so far outta shape.

I just hope Pride isn't reason Parsons hasn't gone down there. Dude needs to get in shape before he can positively affect anything.

I though DLeague assignments were only for guys in their first two years. If it werent it seems that guys would constantly do rehab stints their for one or two games after injury.

It's involuntary for players with less than 2 years experience. Veterans have to agree to be sent down.

It's involuntary for players with less than 2 years experience. Veterans have to agree to be sent down.

Ok makes sense.

Can't multiqoute on my phone right now but you and nqd and scooter are some sad old men. You guys should get together for games and complain. I bet you all would get some good bonding going on

We probably would since we wouldn't be sitting in the stands quoting how many games we've played without letting a player get a triple double or any other meaningless accomplishment the team throws out there to distract people from the fact that we re upped Chris Wallace who hasn't gotten one roster decision right outside of resigning core guys and Jam Green and Ennis and Troy Williams.( but Stefansky was the guy behind bringing troy in)

You guys can be as optimistic as you want be we can also be just as pessimistic. We don't have to agree to be fans cause I feel we all want good things for the team

i hope you can make it into your  50s  young people  die every day in todays world GOOD LUCK

You know nothing about any of us.   STFU

Just calling it like I see it. Carry on

i think Parsons rehabbing in Iowa makes the most sense. I understand why Fizz is starting him simply because he is trying to give the starters a jumpstart to gelling. However it's not working cuz of Parsons being so far outta shape.

I just hope Pride isn't reason Parsons hasn't gone down there. Dude needs to get in shape before he can positively affect anything.

Man he just looks plain BAD doesnt he??  I mean Im glad to see him out there but seriously, just look at him when he is moving either with or without the ball---he looks like an old man almost tip toeing around out there and when he has the ball, he dribbles it a couple times then almost "pushes" it toward another Grizzly as if to say, "please dude, take this thing away from me."  

Honestly, I just wonder if he is going to do anything this season at all.  He may just have to just sit out the whole year and HOPEFULLY he will be ready for next season.  He doesnt look anywhere near like an NBA player and its not getting any better playing him only 15 mins a game.  Heck its like he makes it worse when he is in there.  The defense knows he cannot move so they dont really have to guard him much.  Its just looking like he is going to get his first year's salary for free and the Grizz can kiss that $23.5M goodbye, but we got him for 3 more years after.  Maybe it will pay off then. 

Also, who knows, he might be ready around playoff time and will have fresh legs so to speak and maybe he could help us win a playoff game or two--maybe that game will decide a series.  Would that be worth $23.5M  ($94M/4yrs)??

Man he just looks plain BAD doesnt he??  I mean Im glad to see him out there but seriously, just look at him when he is moving either with or without the ball---he looks like an old man almost tip toeing around out there and when he has the ball, he dribbles it a couple times then almost "pushes" it toward another Grizzly as if to say, "please dude, take this thing away from me."  

Honestly, I just wonder if he is going to do anything this season at all.  He may just have to just sit out the whole year and HOPEFULLY he will be ready for next season.  He doesnt look anywhere near like an NBA player and its not getting any better playing him only 15 mins a game.  Heck its like he makes it worse when he is in there.  The defense knows he cannot move so they dont really have to guard him much.  Its just looking like he is going to get his first year's salary for free and the Grizz can kiss that $23.5M goodbye, but we got him for 3 more years after.  Maybe it will pay off then. 

Also, who knows, he might be ready around playoff time and will have fresh legs so to speak and maybe he could help us win a playoff game or two--maybe that game will decide a series.  Would that be worth $23.5M  ($94M/4yrs)??

I think we'd see him in 75% capacity starting next season.

Dont get your hopes up this year, he'd be tip-toeing during the playoffs.

I think we'd see him in 75% capacity starting next season.

Dont get your hopes up this year, he'd be tip-toeing during the playoffs.

Well that would further push the narrative that the signing was a bad idea. A max Parsons should be an older version of Gordon Hayward. But if anyone on this board thinks we're gonna get that guy then you been hypnotize with optimism.

Well that would further push the narrative that the signing was a bad idea. A max Parsons should be an older version of Gordon Hayward. But if anyone on this board thinks we're gonna get that guy then you been hypnotize with optimism.

Bigger blunder would be if he still isn't capable of producing in year 2 of his contract.

It's Brian Cardinal all over again  :lol:

The bigger question is can the Grizz trade an over 30 PG with no defense and no ball movement skills on the  largest contract in NBA history? 

Just calling it like I see it. Carry on

lol

****, some of you guys are negative as hell.

lol

****, some of you guys are negative as hell.

Personally I see the coaching staff looking at the standings and realizing that the Grizzlies are nearly assured a playoff spot. Fizdale is experimenting, sometimes not successfully, with different looks. What he's trying to accomplish, I hope at least, is to build team unity so when the games get important he knows exactly who he can put in during situations and who he can't rely on in those situations. It's a process of the players learing what the coach wants and the coach learning what the players can do. There is no reason to panic yet. 

Personally I see the coaching staff looking at the standings and realizing that the Grizzlies are nearly assured a playoff spot. Fizdale is experimenting, sometimes not successfully, with different looks. What he's trying to accomplish, I hope at least, is to build team unity so when the games get important he knows exactly who he can put in during situations and who he can't rely on in those situations. It's a process of the players learing what the coach wants and the coach learning what the players can do. There is no reason to panic yet.

So you're saying Fiz is fishing.

So you're saying Fiz is fishing.

No. I am saying Fiz is coaching. Fishing would mean he's taking off in a boat and ignoring what is happening in the game. I'm sure you've been fishing and understand what that is.  ;)

Just because the Grizz are assured a playoff spot doesn't mean that they don't need to fight for a better seeding cause getting a 7th or 8th while staying g status quo with this roster couldn't have possibly been then plan. If they have locked themselves into the playoffs then its time to balance this roster out and make some decisions.

Exactly...

getting guys like Harrison playing time so that they can perform later in their careers and in the playoffs when it really counts.  Can't complain about how they didn't develop guys in the past and then lose it when the team loses games while they let the younger dudes play.

And Parsons isn't 100% yet.  He was worth the contract because of what they know he is capable of doing when healthy. It's not really a question of "if" Parsons will get back to full strength, just a question of "when".  He's signed for four years, so there's no reason to rush him or panic.

Once Parsons gets it together, you guys are going to want to delete this thread.  He helps the Grizzlies become contenders for real by next season, if not this year.

This is a more realistic question.

BLU3 World Order.com Retweeted BLU3 World Order.com

Hearing that the Nuggets have contacted the Grizz about the availability of Zach Randolph; whom they have long coveted

As with any trade, it depends. I wouldn't give him up for Mike Miller and filler but they have some decent pieces.