The REF

Should Grizz Entertain Offers For Chandler Parson?

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the Grizz should put more resources into pinpointing obtainable players that are likely diamonds in the rough. Instead of accepting that we're a bad destination for big time guys so if we want them then we have to overpay or take on injured players.

Why cripple yourself just for the sake of saying we got player x when said player is a shell of the guy you want him to be for your team. I mean look how long it took for VC to finally give us something consistent. Are we to accept that same fate with Chandler?

The chandler parsons signing was a bad idea we paid too much and its not certain when we will get the good version of him but even then I don't think it will be worth 94million.

Haven't we been trying to find diamonds in the rough the entire time we have been in Memphis? When has Memphis ever tried to sign a major FA?

Chandler Parsons is worth what the market sets and at the very least Portland was going to give him $94 mil. I never understand this argument that player x isn't worth such and such when they are multiple teams that will give him such and such. No that is what he was worth and after next season, a lot more players will be worth that as well.

Haven't we been trying to find diamonds in the rough the entire time we have been in Memphis? When has Memphis ever tried to sign a major FA?

Chandler Parsons is worth what the market sets and at the very least Portland was going to give him $94 mil. I never understand this argument that player x isn't worth such and such when they are multiple teams that will give him such and such. No that is what he was worth and after next season, a lot more players will be worth that as well.

Ndq must be having a rough season. Hard to come up with all those tl;dr, agenda driven diatribes this season

Just recently when the FO realized the decline of the core 4 this is literally the first year they have decided that playing young players is an actual thing. Since then its been vet after vet each off season whether it be FA or trades. Look at the success of Jam, and Ennis now just imagine if we had been targeting guys like them the year aft our WCF trip. Instead of looking for quick fixes.

Just recently when the FO realized the decline of the core 4 this is literally the first year they have decided that playing young players is an actual thing. Since then its been vet after vet each off season whether it be FA or trades. Look at the success of Jam, and Ennis now just imagine if we had been targeting guys like them the year aft our WCF trip. Instead of looking for quick fixes.

Yeah hard to quantify what has been missed out on. Oh well.

But here's the thing - we ARE doing that now (playing the young guys).  This has ALWAYS been an organization where the coach had inordinate sway over the organization. The reason we are playing young guys now is because we have a coach that is committed to it, and the organization is giving him the room to do so.  So we can bemoan the fact that we didn't start doing this earlier, but It's not short-sightedness of the organization, it's the fact that the last 2 coaches were so selfish that they chose to ride their vets into the freakin' ground.  And that's what it was - selfishness.  We had plenty of young talent come through here worth giving a chance, and they chose not to.

Now - the Parsons signing was important for a lot of reasons, not just for the sake of signing him. I agree that it was a risk given his health status.  But it's not like we paid more than his market bore. And we're fortunate in that our team is doing well in spite of his unavailability.  But if you're going to hate on the Parsons signing because he's hurt, at least be consistent and hate on the Wright signing in the same breath.  

Parsons has been moving better game by game. Eventually his shot will come back to him. Defensively he has done what he needed to and he is not a player that any team can leave alone even if he is not 100%

the lakers game was horrible for him.

it truly looks like he has forgotten how to play the game.

come on.

maybe slide the stockings down. do something to try and remember.

slim.

If they are "entertaining" offers...then how are they going to get anyone to show up to the party?

He needs to come off the bench as a backup 3/4 for now.  Just guard role players and stretch bigs or small forwards that just stand in the corner.  Clearly he isn't suited to chase anyone around the perimeter right now.

Hell no! Have patience.  Parsons will heat up, law of averages.

My only concern is that the time they are taking to help his body heal will pay off with him being able to avoid major injuries in the future.

Parsons started off cold last season too, and then caught fire, playing the best basketball of his life :wacko::unsure: before getting a season ending injury.

I'll gladly take a repeat of last season from Parsons...barring the injury part.

Parsons was quoted as saying he isn't in game shape. I wonder if he'd be willing to go to Iowa to get into better game shape and let Troy Williams come up to take his place in the meantime? 

like i said many times over and over c.parson signing will put the grizzlies back 5 years

it is so wild for me to think any pro team will pay a player 100.millions dollars  coming off knee problems

how can a players get into game shape when the owner and G.M are worried about his knees 

how can a players get into game shape when the owner and G.M are worried about his knees 

Let him play in the D-League where he doesn't have to be impacting the team and can work his way back into shape. 

I see the team brought Troy Williams back so maybe my suggestion isn't so far fetched. 

Let him play in the D-League where he doesn't have to be impacting the team and can work his way back into shape. 

I see the team brought Troy Williams back so maybe my suggestion isn't so far fetched. 

That makes so much sense, BUT I doubt it will happen.

Unlike in Major League baseball, where starters go to the minor leagues all of the time to get back into game shape an NBA player of Parson's caliber would probably see it as a demotion or take offense to the suggestion.

That would be awesome though, but it would also be the first time I've ever heard of an NBA starter going to the minors.

I though DLeague assignments were only for guys in their first two years. If it werent it seems that guys would constantly do rehab stints their for one or two games after injury.

i,m a very true great memphis grizzlies fan from day one. i.m 52 years old and been a fan of the n.b.a for over 40 years .i travel for 10 straight years to memphis to  watch the grizzlies how my own time, that being said i feel i have the rights to show my disportments with the teams over the c.parson signing a signing with a major risk that is now being shown  i m. not a ***  hole l m. a big fan who wants the grizzlies win a n.b.a title be fore i dry. thanksyou grizzlies nation jonathan   alexander

I though DLeague assignments were only for guys in their first two years. If it werent it seems that guys would constantly do rehab stints their for one or two games after injury.

naw you can send anyone down there. I remember Brandon Jennings did it after his injury.

i,m a very true great memphis grizzlies fan from day one. i.m 52 years old and been a fan of the n.b.a for over 40 years .i travel for 10 straight years to memphis to watch the grizzlies how my own time, that being said i feel i have the rights to show my disportments with the teams over the c.parson signing a signing with a major risk that is now being shown i m. not a *** hole l m. a big fan who wants the grizzlies win a n.b.a title be fore i dry. thanksyou grizzlies nation jonathan alexander

You would think that be the goal for all fans but some seem to be content with just being a playoff team. While never trading a core player.

Rules have changed now cause rondo rehabbed in the dleague

it is so wild for me to think any pro team will pay a player 100.millions dollars  coming off knee problems

More stupid than wrong.