The REF

Should Grizz Entertain Offers For Chandler Parson?

327 posts in this topic

Chip you're forgetting that we can have two way players next year. So essentially we can have 17 on the roster

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Chip you're forgetting that we can have two way players next year. So essentially we can have 17 on the roster

I believe the two way contracts are for projects not NBA players already under contract. I suppose Rade and the 1st round pick could be given these contracts but I don't believe a 1st round pick or a European player would give up their deals for a contract that only offers them $75,000 a year. 

Let’s start with the “two-way contracts,” which NBA teams each get two of. They are essentially a retainer that those teams can place on younger players they want to be the 16th and 17th men on their roster, holding their rights as they bounce between the D-League — where they will likely spend the majority of the year — and the NBA. The catch is that those players have to have less than three years service as a professional, and the point of it is to provide a financial incentive for younger players with the potential to reach the NBA to remain stateside while allowing those NBA teams to develop them.

That financial incentive is fairly large, as well: Two-way players will make $75,000 guaranteed and will be able to make up to $275,000, depending on the amount of time they spend with the NBA team.