The REF

Should Grizz Entertain Offers For Chandler Parson?

Chip you're forgetting that we can have two way players next year. So essentially we can have 17 on the roster

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Chip you're forgetting that we can have two way players next year. So essentially we can have 17 on the roster

I believe the two way contracts are for projects not NBA players already under contract. I suppose Rade and the 1st round pick could be given these contracts but I don't believe a 1st round pick or a European player would give up their deals for a contract that only offers them $75,000 a year. 

Let’s start with the “two-way contracts,” which NBA teams each get two of. They are essentially a retainer that those teams can place on younger players they want to be the 16th and 17th men on their roster, holding their rights as they bounce between the D-League — where they will likely spend the majority of the year — and the NBA. The catch is that those players have to have less than three years service as a professional, and the point of it is to provide a financial incentive for younger players with the potential to reach the NBA to remain stateside while allowing those NBA teams to develop them.

That financial incentive is fairly large, as well: Two-way players will make $75,000 guaranteed and will be able to make up to $275,000, depending on the amount of time they spend with the NBA team.

Just going to state this data:

After 6% of the season:

When Chandler plays: W W W W

When Chandler sits: L

Take that for Otters!!!!

super_otter_2_remix_by_lordfirekaze-d4br

And this is a simple reminder that correlation does not equal causation.

On 12/22/2016 at 2:24 PM, MemphisX said:

No

You standing your ground Memphis X?  I mean, no one is taking him now, but do you think we should just ride it out?  The bad contract?  Hey it happens sometimes!  Nothing is guranteed.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:12 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

Just going to state this data:

After 6% of the season:

When Chandler plays: W W W W

Take that for Otters!!!!

super_otter_2_remix_by_lordfirekaze-d4br

And this is a simple reminder that correlation does not equal causation.

nice art work

On 10/27/2017 at 2:31 PM, The REF said:

You standing your ground Memphis X?  I mean, no one is taking him now, but do you think we should just ride it out?  The bad contract?  Hey it happens sometimes!  Nothing is guranteed.

That was a month into his first season before realizing the Grizzlies lied about the extent of his injury.

i won’t say what I prefer to happen because it isnt nice.

Parsons goes off! Trade hm while his value is high. 😉

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Parsons goes off! Trade hm while his value is high. 😉

I posted that kind of jokingly and kind of seriously in last night's game thread. I mean, the guy has had 1 good game in 88 opportunities with the Grizz, he hasn't even been available for 49 of those opportunities and has had injury plagued seasons for the past 3 season including knee surgeries(on both knees). If he goes on a 20 game tear, why not see if you can trade him because what's more likely to happen is that he will be injured again. He's had surgery on both knees. I guarantee if he goes on a tear and gets injured, the same people who wanted to keep him would be questioning why didn't we trade him when we had a chance. 

And I was one of the few people on this board who supported the move to sign him and was optimistic that his injuries were behind him and that he would be an asset to the Grizz. A lot of people were ripping the move. He's a good player when healthy but he's also killing our cap flexibility and ability to acquire upgrades in talent. 

Just going to state the data:

After more than 7% of the season:

When Chandler plays: W W W W W

Take that for Otters!!!!

anigif_enhanced-23896-1403623002-22.gif?

The first time I ever saw Chandler Parsons play, he was still with the Rockets, and was literally on fire. I remember thinking “this guy has range to mid court”. What i saw last night very much reminded me of that game. Here’s to hoping he stays healthy.

On 11/29/2017 at 2:41 PM, The REF said:

Anyone changing their tune or we still wanna hold on them Chandler.

Ask Stephen Jackson!!!  LMAO!

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1105151555998

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the overwhelming majority of NBA media folks at the national level have no clue of what has been going on in Memphis, not just since Fizdale has been here, but going back to before that.  There are some .com and bloggers who do, but most don't (an exception is Fantasy Reporters who have to know stats for a lot of players, but not much more than stats).  They report on the Knicks, Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, Sixers and a couple other teams or personalities, but they don't really know.  Here is the current example from Stephen Jackson, with no corrections from Skip.

- Well first of all, shout out to Coach Fizz. I think he got dealt a raw deal. Any time you go to war, you need soldiers. They took all his soldiers. Zach gone, Tony Allen gone, he has no soldiers. So he's left with the blame. 

But Chandler, to whom much is given, much is required. I think if you put Draymond on Memphis and give him 100 million and they don't win, they're going to kill Draymond. They're going to scrutinize him to death. Haven't said one thing about Chandler Parsons.

Does anyone think that if Fizdale wanted Tony and Zach back, that Wallace wouldn't have done it?  I'm not sure there is one person on this board that believes Fiz wanted those two back.  If anything, most on here believed Wallace would resign them (because that's what Wallace does) in spite of what was in the best interest of the team or what Fiz wanted.

Secondly, Jackson doesn't think Chandler Parsons is getting scrutinized or crushed?  I would say that the emotions on Chandler range from hate to, at best, resignation that he's here for a while, maybe he'll turn out as OK?  Many, many Grizzlies fans have booed him and criticized him in social media.

You can be optimistic or pessimistic on Parsons. The fact is he's played OK in the limited minutes he's played.But he's still untradeable because of his contract, given his knees.  

57 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the overwhelming majority of NBA media folks at the national level have no clue of what has been going on in Memphis, not just since Fizdale has been here, but going back to before that.  There are some .com and bloggers who do, but most don't (an exception is Fantasy Reporters who have to know stats for a lot of players, but not much more than stats).  They report on the Knicks, Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, Sixers and a couple other teams or personalities, but they don't really know.  Here is the current example from Stephen Jackson, with no corrections from Skip.

- Well first of all, shout out to Coach Fizz. I think he got dealt a raw deal. Any time you go to war, you need soldiers. They took all his soldiers. Zach gone, Tony Allen gone, he has no soldiers. So he's left with the blame. 

But Chandler, to whom much is given, much is required. I think if you put Draymond on Memphis and give him 100 million and they don't win, they're going to kill Draymond. They're going to scrutinize him to death. Haven't said one thing about Chandler Parsons.

Does anyone think that if Fizdale wanted Tony and Zach back, that Wallace wouldn't have done it?  I'm not sure there is one person on this board that believes Fiz wanted those two back.  If anything, most on here believed Wallace would resign them (because that's what Wallace does) in spite of what was in the best interest of the team or what Fiz wanted.

Secondly, Jackson doesn't think Chandler Parsons is getting scrutinized or crushed?  I would say that the emotions on Chandler range from hate to, at best, resignation that he's here for a while, maybe he'll turn out as OK?  Many, many Grizzlies fans have booed him and criticized him in social media.

You can be optimistic or pessimistic on Parsons. The fact is he's played OK in the limited minutes he's played.But he's still untradeable because of his contract, given his knees.  

The crapping on our team and franchise by the national big mouths makes me defensive. I don't care if they're right or whatever, but it's like stfu already. Makes me wanna destroy every team to shut their  face holes, and that's what is truly frustrating because it appears those days are now in the distant future. 

To the OP, 

YES do everything possible to toss this contract overboard.

Stretch provision,

Trade

Waiver

Anything.

Ever since this contract came on board, this Grizzlies have been floundering.

Cut out the cancer, the corpse may still live on a bit longer yet

5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

To the OP, 

YES do everything possible to toss this contract overboard.

Stretch provision,

Trade

Waiver

Anything.

Ever since this contract came on board, this Grizzlies have been floundering.

Cut out the cancer, the corpse may still live on a bit longer yet

Over emotional reaction. You are tied to him and you likely wont get much better stretching him out. An expiring contract value is lower these days due to shorter contracts and an increased cap, but teams are starting to fill their cap with bad deals. See Lopez for Russell/Mozgov as an example of what an expiring can net.

I am not sure anyone is untouchable on our roster so the answer to the OP is yes. I just can't imagine anyone taking our calls right now with the lead-in "Chandler Parsons is available..."