Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

I Think Baldwin Is Starting To Come On

30 minutes ago, Acehigh718 said:

He literally bowling balls into the paint with his head down over and over again

Both he and Seldon, did this all game, hard to tell who can play watching this .

Baldwin needs to get the TWroten treatment from a few years ago who wants him what will you give me for him ok here you go. He hasn't improved anything and we need the roster spot

1 minute ago, Jetfixer said:

Both he and Seldon, did this all game, hard to tell who can play watching this .

Seldon looked tired he was gulping cups of Gatorade on the bench...But hes at least proven what he can do Baldwin looks like trash playing pg

5 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Baldwin needs to get the TWroten treatment from a few years ago who wants him what will you give me for him ok here you go. He hasn't improved anything and we need the roster spot

He's not a PG. He can't shoot. He struggles getting past defenders. Cut him.

2 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Let's at least try and get something for him lol but he needs to go

2 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I've always wished he had a quicker first step.

Yea him n Martin r slowly playin their way out of town. Maybe they can package Daniels/Baldwin/Martin for a rotation big. Would clear up space to sign Rabb n Lawson

or Rio :ph34r:

People need to quit thinking of Baldwin as athletic. That's all I've heard about him since he was drafted. How great an athlete he is, how he's Westbrook lite or something. Pllaahhh! He was never athletic, he was never quick, he was never strong, he could never jump, he wasn't explosive in any way. People posted clips of him dunking as evidence of what a great athlete he was, but if you watched closely you could see he wasn't getting above average lift or explosion it was just mostly reach that was getting him to the rim. He isn't even tall for a modern PG. All he ever really had going for him were those unusually long arms. What a terrible pick. To me its worse than Thabeet who actually had some talent, but just didn't have the desire to be a professional. At least Thabeet had something going for him. I really just never saw anything good about Baldwin.

29 minutes ago, tennesseessio said:

To me its worse than Thabeet who actually had some talent, but just didn't have the desire to be a professional. At least Thabeet had something going for him. I really just never saw anything good about Baldwin.

What?! Worse pick than Thabust? :huh:

Cmon man...

Baldwin has a lot of TA in his game if he would commit to it. He is a great athlete with long arms who could be a great wing defender and on offense he would be more of a slasher. He doesn't need to run the point but he can handle the ball too 

Baldwin is not a great athlete he's not fast he doesn't jump and he's not explosive Kobi is a far superior athlete. Wallace would have done so much better taking a McDAA at that spot. That pick was 100% hype driven. There is nothing special about his game smh

FO should part ways with Martin and Baldwin. They're G-league players at best, Brooks and Simmons have way higher ceilings.

Rabb might be better suited to us than Martin right now. 

7 hours ago, Iron Mike said:

FO should part ways with Martin and Baldwin. They're G-league players at best, Brooks and Simmons have way higher ceilings.

Rabb needs to play a game first 

20 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Rabb needs to play a game first 

Yeah, Martin is that bad of a player.

On 7/12/2017 at 7:33 AM, Iron Mike said:

After doing the 15 man opening day roster, I'm thinking these two guys will be the ones to go.

15 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

After doing the 15 man opening day roster, I'm thinking these two guys will be the ones to go.

Let's hope so. 

How many swings and misses have we had in the draft though? Sheesh. 

1 hour ago, SC Grizz said:

Let's hope so. 

How many swings and misses have we had in the draft though? Sheesh. 

Every single pick made by Chris Wallace during his tenure here has been a swing and miss.

My guess is that Martin will get a good look at the backup 4 with the main squad in camp and early in the season.

12 hours ago, tangogriz said:

My guess is that Martin will get a good look at the backup 4 with the main squad in camp and early in the season.

Agreed Fizz likes Jarell they will give him a chance.

13 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Hard to be a backup 4 with those dinosaur arms, normal athleticism, and bad IQ.

Looks like a 3rd string player to me.

Rabb is a better fit.

14 hours ago, Thomas said:

Every single pick made by Chris Wallace during his tenure here has been a swing and miss.

Mike Conley? 

I get Baldwins negatives as a pg but I really think he has potential as a scorer.

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I get Baldwins negatives as a pg but I really think he has potential as a scorer.

Best comp for him is Avery Bradley.  His leadership, decision-making and handles are too sub par to become anything more than an mediocre PG.   

He played really well yesterday but he pretty much shared running the offense duties with Selden, Rade, Kobi, and Brooks.    Heck i could argue that Selden was the primary playmaker for the squad.   Wade was at his best when he didn't have to worry about setting up offense and that doesn't bode well for a future at PG.