Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

I Think Baldwin Is Starting To Come On

Hats off? Who else would he play right now? Toney Douglas doesn't know anything about the offense and has been worse than Harrison and Baldwin when he has seen the court. If he had better options don't you think he'd use them? This is nothing to tip our hats about. It's common sense. The reality is that Fizdale's boss drafted Baldwin and traded for Harrison. He'd be silly to not play them after seeing what happened to the previous coach who didn't play guys Wallace brought in. 

I guess we should tap our hats to his playing Tony Williams after Ennis, Carter and Parsons all got hurt too. Great show of confidence from the coach.  :rolleyes:

I guess he read what you said and thought he had better get the lead out fast. Couldn't have won without him last night. Now which 1 of them are you going to lay the fire to before the next game? AD or AH?

Baldwin just can't run the offense right now, I don't know why he thinks he has a higher bball IQ than Westbrook.

Would like to see his progression after a year in Iowa. 

Well he did go to Vandy, you know. That could give a guy an attitude problem.

Baldwin just can't run the offense right now, I don't know why he thinks he has a higher bball IQ than Westbrook.

Would like to see his progression after a year in Iowa. 

Actually I thought he was starting to do pretty good.

The only problem is Toney Douglas is gone once the Grizzlies activate one of their injured players. The team currently has 16 players on the roster and can only carry 15. Troy Williams, Toney Douglas and JaMychal Green are the only players without a guaranteed contract and I can't imagine the team dropping anyone other than Toney Douglas.

When Toney is dropped then Wade is the team's only backup PG. Maybe the Grizzlies can send Baldwin down now and get him some PT while the team takes their lumps over the next three games but beyond that I'd be surprised if Baldwin goes down before Conley returns. 

I'm telling you, Jarrell can play point, the guy is a good ball handler.

I'm telling you, Jarrell can play point, the guy is a good ball handler.

Do you mean Jarell? I hope you are teasing. 

I not sure what you guys have been watching but Baldwin has been getting better and better as the season goes on

Rich kids, for a guy to be a 4 his folks must be loaded.

Aren't his parents both FBI agents?  Not so sure that makes them super rich.

Shane Battier went to a ritzy prep school and then Duke.  Did that make him a bad person with a bad attitude?

BALDWIN will never be a great player just a role player he will  play around 5-6 years 

He needs to score more. Too scared to shoot.

You guys realize that he is a rookie, right? We aren't going to know how good he is or isn't in 26 games, but go ahead and make you judgments on the kid. I'm sure they will be accurate 3 years from now.

I think Baldwin has good potential unlike Harrison. Harrison is just a touch better right now but after this year we need to go with Baldwin as the backup.

I have to admit that I have no sympathy to Wade as a person similar I have to Harrison. Wade is errogant. Harrison is a hardwoker and nice person. But I can live with my personal feeling if Wade manages to fulfill his incredible upside and doing so make significant contribution to our present and future.

I have to admit that I have no sympathy to Wade as a person similar I have to Harrison. Wade is errogant. Harrison is a hardwoker and nice person. But I can live with my personal feeling if Wade manages to fulfill his incredible upside and doing so make significant contribution to our present and future.

Like it or not, most of the ones with the will to be great are arrogant. Few of them are humble. I can handle arrogance as long as it isn't packaged with attitude.  Those are the knuckleheads.  This is one of the reasons I think Baldwin could become a special player. He carries himself like the great ones.  What remains to be seen is if he's going to put in the work the great ones did to become great.  That's something that will take a few seasons to answer.

Ppl are giving up on the kid to soon. I see some major competition between him and Harrison for the backup position on the near future. Nice that both can play some sg; that helps a lot.

Ppl are giving up on the kid to soon. I see some major competition between him and Harrison for the backup position on the near future. Nice that both can play some sg; that helps a lot.

Baldwin won't factor into this season much at all. But that's no slight on him, he is just young and inexperienced and he isn't ready.