Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

I Think Baldwin Is Starting To Come On

I don't. I think he started the season looking promising but makes way too many mistakes and inconsistent. He's only here till Conley comes back give him a year in D league think he'll be solid eventually.

I like confidence, but he he tries to take over a bit too much.

His last 2 games has been pretty good, he looks good at getting the ball upcourt, definitely outplayed Harrison last night.

Outplaying Harrison is not that difficult.

Outplaying Harrison is not that difficult.

I'd like to see you try.  :D  :lol:

Baldwin was clearly bothered by how he played at Toronto.  All those college games I saw him play, he never slumped down in the chair on the bench just kind of stewing over it like he did that night.  He didn't need to see the film. He knew.**

But every game since then has been pretty solid for a rookie that went pro two years early.  Actually it was fairly solid by most standards. He has the potential to be one of the dazzling spectacular passers in the NBA.  Flashes of it are showing already.

**Four consecutive Grizz wins after that game.  B) 

hats off to coach fizz for sticking with them both.  nick van exel is constantly in Baldwin's ear.  the last two games shows how he's being coached up.

Hats off? Who else would he play right now? Toney Douglas doesn't know anything about the offense and has been worse than Harrison and Baldwin when he has seen the court. If he had better options don't you think he'd use them? This is nothing to tip our hats about. It's common sense. The reality is that Fizdale's boss drafted Baldwin and traded for Harrison. He'd be silly to not play them after seeing what happened to the previous coach who didn't play guys Wallace brought in. 

I guess we should tap our hats to his playing Tony Williams after Ennis, Carter and Parsons all got hurt too. Great show of confidence from the coach.  :rolleyes:

Hats off? Who else would he play right now? Toney Douglas doesn't know anything about the offense and has been worse than Harrison and Baldwin when he has seen the court. If he had better options don't you think he'd use them? This is nothing to tip our hats about. It's common sense. The reality is that Fizdale's boss drafted Baldwin and traded for Harrison. He'd be silly to not play them after seeing what happened to the previous coach who didn't play guys Wallace brought in.

I guess we should tap our hats to his playing Tony Williams after Ennis, Carter and Parsons all got hurt too. Great show of confidence from the coach. :rolleyes:

This is pretty off base. Fizdale deserves praise for his patience and confidence he's implemented with young players.

I think what he meant was not yanking them either.

This is pretty off base. Fizdale deserves praise for his patience and confidence he's implemented with young players.

I think what he meant was not yanking them either.

If he had said that I wouldn't have responded as such. That's not what he wrote however. 

I guess we should tap our hats to his playing Tony Williams after Ennis, Carter and Parsons all got hurt too. Great show of confidence from the coach.  :rolleyes:

Tony Allen and Jarrell Martin. It's a no-brainer.

hats off to coach fizz for sticking with them both.  nick van exel is constantly in Baldwin's ear.  the last two games shows how he's being coached up.

Heard from one of the Grizz reporters that Van Exel has had a very positive affect on Conley too.    Having Van Exel mentor our young PG's will pay huge dividends for their futures. 

Tony Allen and Jarrell Martin. It's a no-brainer.

Tony who's 6-4 and coming off injuries himself and Martin who's 6-10 and definitely more of a PF than SF? Williams was our only true SF. 

Heard from one of the Grizz reporters that Van Exel has had a very positive affect on Conley too. Having Van Exel mentor our young PG's will pay huge dividends for their futures.

Our organization is in such a good spot right now. Keep forgetting not only our team chemistry but Nick Van Exel, Bickerstaff, Fiz all seem to be a great combo for the players and eachother.

The FO agreed to contract extensions today including Wallace u fortunately

I guess we should tap our hats to his playing Tony Williams after Ennis, Carter and Parsons all got hurt too. Great show of confidence from the coach. :rolleyes:

Joerger started Jordan Farmer a couple games last year fresh off the street and had VC playing some at point.

You just like to argue to argue though. Fiz obviously has the young guys playing hard and with confidence

The FO agreed to contract extensions today including Wallace u fortunately

Wallace isn't perfect by any reckoning, but he's had us in the playoffs for a number of years despite the Levien fiasco in the middle, and the Joerger no development coaching.  We have retained our best players and he landed the most reputable free agent in the franchise's history.  Even the logo couldn't do that when he was running the show.  We have had very few opportunities to draft high, and the best one was squandered at the team owner's insistence.

I'm okay with Wallace.  We could do a lot worse, and a lot of other teams are.

Baldwin had a couple of turnover in his scant 3 minutes last night and was benched in favor of the veteran Douglas... the right decision.

While WB4 is better than at the start of the season, he will still end up back in the D when players get back from injury.

The only problem is Toney Douglas is gone once the Grizzlies activate one of their injured players. The team currently has 16 players on the roster and can only carry 15. Troy Williams, Toney Douglas and JaMychal Green are the only players without a guaranteed contract and I can't imagine the team dropping anyone other than Toney Douglas.

When Toney is dropped then Wade is the team's only backup PG. Maybe the Grizzlies can send Baldwin down now and get him some PT while the team takes their lumps over the next three games but beyond that I'd be surprised if Baldwin goes down before Conley returns. 

Heard from one of the Grizz reporters that Van Exel has had a very positive affect on Conley too.    Having Van Exel mentor our young PG's will pay huge dividends for their futures. 

Mario Chalmers, then Nick Van Exel.  What gives? Is this their penance?

Baldwin just can't run the offense right now, I don't know why he thinks he has a higher bball IQ than Westbrook.

Would like to see his progression after a year in Iowa.