Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Any Predictions On When The Injured Guys Can Play?

bhoyal    0

Anybody think Brandan Wright might pull an Arian Foster and hang it up?  Tony Allen is supposed to be ready by the 2nd or 3rd game.  Roto says no timetable on Parsons even though he looks close to ready.

Did I miss anybody?  Is Martin still always injured?

chipc3    0

Anybody think Brandan Wright might pull an Arian Foster and hang it up?  Tony Allen is supposed to be ready by the 2nd or 3rd game.  Roto says no timetable on Parsons even though he looks close to ready.

You mean Wright hasn't hung it up yet??? 

I hope Parsons and Allen get well soon but I don't expect either to be healthy the rest of the way. 

Dwash    0

No because he wants the rest of his money.  After this deal, it's min contracts for him from here on out.

Father Pat    0

Don't know when they'll play, but I predict Wright, Tony Allen and Parsons will miss a combined 120 games this season.

MemphisX    0

Don't know when they'll play, but I predict Wright, Tony Allen and Parsons will miss a combined 120 games this season.

I'll take the over.

I think Fiz is just being overly cautious, which I appreciate. Last year everybody was complaining about how Dave ran our players into the ground.

Now that Fiz is taking the other approach, y'all are complaining about how injury prone our players are. Good grief, nothing will satisfy y'all I guess.

By the way, I believe both Tony and Parsons could play if they had to. It's just that the overwhelming choice is to get more conditioning before playing, so that hopefully there are no setbacks.  

fanboyslim    0

Per Tim MacMahon (ESPN):

"Grizzlies shooting guard Tony Allen is likely to miss a week. The swelling in his knee is gone, but he's working to regain full strength and explosiveness."

"When will Chandler Parsons make his Memphis debut? "God, I hope soon because when he does practice, it looks pretty good," coach Davd Fizdale said. "I'm thinking in the next week or two that he'll be ready to go, but there's no definite timeline."

Per Tim MacMahon (ESPN):

"Grizzlies shooting guard Tony Allen is likely to miss a week. The swelling in his knee is gone, but he's working to regain full strength and explosiveness."

"When will Chandler Parsons make his Memphis debut? "God, I hope soon because when he does practice, it looks pretty good," coach Davd Fizdale said. "I'm thinking in the next week or two that he'll be ready to go, but there's no definite timeline."

Someone needs to tell TA that medicine is for glaucoma, not knees. :D

Father Pat    0

I think Fiz is just being overly cautious, which I appreciate. Last year everybody was complaining about how Dave ran our players into the ground.

Now that Fiz is taking the other approach, y'all are complaining about how injury prone our players are. Good grief, nothing will satisfy y'all I guess.

By the way, I believe both Tony and Parsons could play if they had to. It's just that the overwhelming choice is to get more conditioning before playing, so that hopefully there are no setbacks.  

You are the one that mentioned the coaches, not anyone else, so just stop your nonsense of interjecting your ramblings to other posters.

Parsons, Allen, and Wright combined for 109 missed games last season. 120 missed games will be just under 4 more per player. Not much of a stretch. Not to mention, all 3 of those players have had more seasons of less than 70 games played than seasons of more than 70 games played.

You are the one that mentioned the coaches, not anyone else, so just stop your nonsense of interjecting your ramblings to other posters.

Parsons, Allen, and Wright combined for 109 missed games last season. 120 missed games will be just under 4 more per player. Not much of a stretch. Not to mention, all 3 of those players have had more seasons of less than 70 games played than seasons of more than 70 games played.

So I am the only one, nobody else complained on this entire board about Joerger running players into the ground? Okay, I got cha.

notnilc20    0

Everytime I see Brandan Wright sitting on the bench i get sick....this guy has played like a few pre season games for us....what a waste...we gave up Koufos for this joker. Need to get rid of him.

Everytime I see Brandan Wright sitting on the bench i get sick....this guy has played like a few pre season games for us....what a waste...we gave up Koufos for this joker. Need to get rid of him.

I agree. He could have been great, but I have no hope. Time to move him.

Benji    0

Troy Daniels was listed as injured. There were actually 5 players listed - TA, Daniels, Parsons, Wright, and Martin.

Not sure why Troy Williams was DNP. I expect that we will see him tomorrow instead of another 38 min Andrew Harrison night.

Benji    0

We gave up Koufos because he was too good and we couldn't afford him.

I'm perfectly fine with giving guys a little extra time to make sure they are healed and conditioned for game time. Better to look at the big picture of these guys and the team than a few games. Plus it gives the youngsters more time to get experience and learn from mistakes.

I agree too that I would like to see some Troy Williams minutes over Harrison. I would even like to see him start at SG to give better shooting on the wing next to Conley.

As for Wright, I think Davis will have his spot wrapped up by the All Star break. He does have a strong Hassan Whiteside vibe.

FWIW, Grind City Media is giving updates on injuries:

TROY DANIELS

Daniels suffered a left knee sprain during the preseason, but is progressing well and has returned to practice fully. He will officially be listed as probable for Wednesday night’s opener against Minnesota.

TONY ALLEN

Allen had been experiencing soreness in his right knee during the preseason, but is progressing well and has returned to practice. He will officially be listed as questionable for Wednesday night’s opener against Minnesota.

JARELL MARTIN

Martin has had inflammation of the plantar fascia in his right foot, but is progressing after returning to limited participation in practice. He will officially be listed as questionable to play in Wednesday night’s opener against Minnesota.

CHANDLER PARSONS

Parsons has been a limited participant in practices recently rehabbing from right knee surgery, increasing his load gradually. He will officially be listed as out for Wednesday night’s opener against Minnesota. He will be listed as day-to-day moving forward.

BRANDAN WRIGHT

Wright has been experiencing posterior tibialis tendinopathy and has not been an active participant in practices recently. He will officially be listed as out for Wednesday night’s opener against Minnesota. He will be reevaluated in 10 days and there is currently no timetable for his return.

TimBC    0

So Wright has an owie at the back of his lower leg. That isn't telling us much.

So Wright has an owie at the back of his lower leg. That isn't telling us much.

Well, the fact that he isn't practicing, will be re-evaluated in 10 days (of the time of the report) and has no timetable for return tells me a lot. I'm not too concerned about the specifics of the injury. I just want to know when he will be back on the court and according to this, that's not any time soon. 

chipc3    0

Brandan Wright went back under the knife yesterday for his ankle. No timetable for his return but this is a big disappointment to say the least. 

Wright underwent a successful arthroscopic debridement of his left ankle Tuesday afternoon after non-surgical interventions failed to eliminate his posterior tibialis tendinopathy.

GF#1    0

Holy smokes this guy right here is an insurance companies worst nightmare.

He's given us absolutely nothing in his time with this team.

chipc3    0

Bog disappointment in what way?

I assume you meant big disappointment but not having Wright hurts the team in the middle on defense when Gasol is out, especially against teams with numerous big men. The team was expecting Wright to play this season and not having him leaves the team will a big hole to fill at backup C. Hopefully Davis, Randolph and Martin can hold on until he returns.