Sign in to follow this  
TimBC

Sixers Have Too Many Bigs

TimBC    0

Noel, Embiid, Okafor - each with strengths and weaknesses. They can't all stay in Philly. Who makes a move for one of them, and how does that affect us?  

Do we wait and see if Wright breaks three bones at the pre-camp media event?  Does another team trade for one of them, freeing up a lesser big man that we can grab as a backup? 

After all, Jordan Adams's spot will be coming free in a week or two when we learn he won't be playing this year either.

chipc3    0

Noel, Embiid, Okafor - each with strengths and weaknesses. They can't all stay in Philly. Who makes a move for one of them, and how does that affect us?  

Do we wait and see if Wright breaks three bones at the pre-camp media event?  Does another team trade for one of them, freeing up a lesser big man that we can grab as a backup? 

After all, Jordan Adams's spot will be coming free in a week or two when we learn he won't be playing this year either.

Noel feels there are too many bigs in Philly but that doesn't mean the team agrees. Also, Jordan Adams is just one of many extra players the Grizzlies have on their roster. 

Acehigh718    0

Noel feels there are too many bigs in Philly but that doesn't mean the team agrees. Also, Jordan Adams is just one of many extra players the Grizzlies have on their roster. 

True, but that team has to agree. When your 4 core pieces are Ben Simmons, Nerlens Noel, Jalil Okafor and Joel Embiid, and at best only 2 of those 4 can be effective on the court at the same time, that's an inefficient pooling of resources. That being said, I agree that there is no rush for them to act out of desperation and move one now. These guys are all super young, and there is plenty of time to wait for the right move.

chipc3    0

True, but that team has to agree. When your 4 core pieces are Ben Simmons, Nerlens Noel, Jalil Okafor and Joel Embiid, and at best only 2 of those 4 can be effective on the court at the same time, that's an inefficient pooling of resources. That being said, I agree that there is no rush for them to act out of desperation and move one now. These guys are all super young, and there is plenty of time to wait for the right move.

I think Simmons is going to be a small forward more than a power forward in the NBA. That means they can play Simmons, Okafor and Embiid with Noel backing up Okafor and Embiid. Eventually they will want to improve their backcourt with a veteran presence but I don't believe any of their bigs currently have established enough interest to attract a decent player in return. I wouldn't be shocked if they hang onto all four until one of them has free agency pending.  

I suggested trying to trade with them at the trade deadline last year and in the off-season. At some point, they will get rid of someone eitehr via trade, letting them walk or injury.

chipc3    0

Well it looks like the Sixers are down one big man already and they didn't do a trade either.