Sign in to follow this  
SC Grizz

Are The Grizzlies Now The Second Best Team In The West?

Ok man Conley/Gasol are not injury risks.

no you are right conley and gasol are injury risks....just like every other player in the NBA its just part of the game...a guy that has never been hurt before could have a career ending injury....just like a guy that has been hurt majority of his career could never get hurt again....all I'm saying is you never no...you just have to role the dice and hope for the best

I just wish 2k would let you play online with injured players because the grizz would have been really good this year if they weren't all going to get injured

Conley played thru a lot of pain in 2014-15. His wrist was screwed up. His ankle was swollen. His calf gave him headaches. Don't confuse playing with being healthy. Some players play through pain more than others. 

OH MY  ....Conley  is flat out trash on D because LH still lives in his head (DIG DOWN AND SLOW DOWN) will be in MC head till the day that he dies

OH MY  ....Conley  is flat out trash on D because LH still lives in his head (DIG DOWN AND SLOW DOWN) will be in MC head till the day that he dies

When you suggest Conley is trash and will perpetually live with Lionel Hollins in his head, it makes it difficult to have a rational conversation. 

Basketball is not your sport, eh?

MEM_Conley_Mike2.jpghollins.jpgillum2.png

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

In an interview with Spanish newspaper L’Esportiu, Memphis Grizzlies’ center Marc Gasol said that his foot injury has progressed well over the summer.

“I’m really well and looking forward to starting [the season],” said Gasol. “I miss the competition, playing and enjoying basketball. All indications are that the foot is fine. I’ve practiced with the [Girona Basketball Club] juniors all I could, especially half-court sets.”

In an interview with Spanish newspaper L’Esportiu, Memphis Grizzlies’ center Marc Gasol said that his foot injury has progressed well over the summer.

“I’m really well and looking forward to starting [the season],” said Gasol. “I miss the competition, playing and enjoying basketball. All indications are that the foot is fine. I’ve practiced with the [Girona Basketball Club] juniors all I could, especially half-court sets.”

Good news. I hope that this is in fact the case and the team gets a chip on their shoulder about the ESPN snub. 

Which ESPN snub?  (like they haven't snubbed us before)

The one where they predicted we will 39 games this season:

9. Memphis Grizzlies

Projected wins: 39.4 (Summer Forecast: 43-39)

Yes, the Grizzlies strengthened their starting lineup by signing Chandler Parsons, but their bench is incredibly thin and several starters (including Parsons) are major injury risks. Gulp.

The algorithms I ran only had us as a 10th seed so their opinion is fairly accurate

Algorithms?.... Algorithms?.... Really?

I guess we don't even need to play the games anymore.

Algorithms?.... Algorithms?.... Really?

I guess we don't even need to play the games anymore.

Hey, at least he used the correct term and didn't use logarithm like 50% of the population would. 

The algorithms I ran only had us as a 10th seed so their opinion is fairly accurate

That's odd, my algorithms had them in 3rd. Might want to double check your numbers.

Everything with us comes down to health, if we're healthy, I trust Fizdale to implement his offensive system and change it up, using Conley more and utilizing Parsons' versatility. Fiz is also big on JaMychal Green which is encouraging to hear. 

If Conley and Parsons can stay healthy, and Marc can come into the season in a good shape, I feel comfortable with Fiz leading us and like our chances to get a top 4 seed. If we're not healthy, we'll struggle to make the playoffs. I have no issues with the roster, coaching staff, schedule, style of play, or the competition in the West. Those things shouldn't affect us much. All comes down to health. 

The fact that espn has the Bucks winnin more than the Pacers n Hawks tells me all I need to know about their plus/minus predictions bullsiht.

The fact that espn has the Bucks winnin more than the Pacers n Hawks tells me all I need to know about their plus/minus predictions bullsiht.

I don't know.  I'm not certain that Howard helps enough to make up for losing Horford in Atlanta.  Do Al Jefferson and Myles Turner mesh as the front court in Indianapolis?  Milwaukee looks solid, if not exciting.  Injuries derailed them last season, and they picked up better guards then they had last year.  They had to use the Freak as the point guard last year, it got so bad.

I don't know.  I'm not certain that Howard helps enough to make up for losing Horford in Atlanta.  Do Al Jefferson and Myles Turner mesh as the front court in Indianapolis?  Milwaukee looks solid, if not exciting.  Injuries derailed them last season, and they picked up better guards then they had last year.  They had to use the Freak as the point guard last year, it got so bad.

Me thinks the Pacers tied the Dubs for the best offseason n everyone seems to be underestimatin the Hawks. When Dwight is the main guy he is a beast. Prolly end up playin better than Horford for them this year. He couldn't play his game right in Houston cuz of Harden, but he'll be able to shine in ATL. Bucks'll be better than last year but playoffs? I can't see it. 

I also can't wait for the season to start lol.