Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdp

Grizz/nets

4 posts in this topic

We need a capable startin SG, Nets need a capable startin PF. If they end up signin Crabbe + Johnson, Bojan will prolly be on his way out anyways;

Vince Carter G-F $4,264,057 ($2,000,000 guaranteed)
JaMychal Green F $980,431 (Non-guaranteed)
Future 2nd rounder 

for

Bojan Bogdanovic G-F $3,573,020

They can waive Carter n save a couple mill.

Not a bad option but we could absorb his contract into our current cap space and use VC for something else. 

I kinda doubt the Nets would want to part w/ the one promising young asset they have. It'd take more than Green and a 2nd for that, or maybe i just like Bogdanovic more than other people do.

Here's 2 similar trades I came up with:

1.) MEM Trades: JaMychal Green

SAS Trade: Jonathan Simmons

- The Spurs are shallow at 4/5, and we could still use a two-way 2Guard. Simmons had a good season in limited minutes/games last year and is coming of an excellent SL. It makes us a better more well-rounded team, but the downside is I think we help the Spurs a little more than they help us.

2.) MEM Trades: Vince Carter, JaMychal Green

CLE Trades: Mike Dunleavy

- Dunleavy will be making 4.8mil this season and is signed for next year also. He is old, but still a good bench player who offers shooting, passing, and vet experience for a 2nd unit in need of all of that. CLE could use a solid big like Green to spell Love & Thompson.