JWill4L

Rade Zagorac Thread

I wish he had a Spain team linked to him, but Red Star is a good team in Europe. I just hope he get a lot of burn there.

Valencia was supposed to sign him. Dunno what happened.

Per Sportando, Red Star will make it official on Monday.

I see Parsons as a good mentor for him if he ever gets a chance to actually play in our team.

He is a long wing like Parsons, but he is slim.

I see Parsons as a good mentor for him if he ever gets a chance to actually play in our team.

I see Marc on the basis that they have gone from European basketball to the NBA. That transition can be mentored by Marc. 

Wouldn't it be better if he'd stick w/ Mega Leks? They're known for giving lots of mpg to young players. I'm worried a normal 1st-tier club won't let him on the floor much.

Wouldn't it be better if he'd stick w/ Mega Leks? They're known for giving lots of mpg to young players. I'm worried a normal 1st-tier club won't let him on the floor much.

Looks like he will be back with Mega. Good call! He has a second year out for the NBA, so that's promising.

http://www.sportando.com/m/en/europe/serbia/204666/rade-zagorac-signs-a-two-year-contract-extension-with-mega-leks.html

He's definitely going to get lots and lots of minutes back with Mega, but I'd be concerned about bringing someone with no top tier Euro experience into the NBA.

I expect him to play with Serbia in the 2017 Euro championships, so that's something. Still, I think his NBA horizon is 2018.

I thought Mega Leks was top tier. Aren't they part of the Adriatic League?

They are, but the Adriatic league is second tier in Europe, and Mega Leks has never won anything (well, one Serbian cup) or played in the Euroleague.

They have a good team now (including Luwawu) but they aren't top tier by any stretch of the imagination.

I wish we could get a look at him

Me too. Wish he could be on the Grizz Summer League squad.

According to Commercial Appeal:

The 6-9 Serbian forward remained in Europe last season but is expected to sign a contract to join the Grizzlies for the 2017-18 season....

"It is almost certain that Rade Zagorac will sign with the Grizzlies,” (his agent) said. “In NBA it is called ‘verbal commitment.’ Unlike Europe where verbal agreements don’t mean much, in USA they stick to what was agreed in regard to plan of development of a certain player. 

I wonder if they would consider using Rade as a trade chip in the draft or if they're really committed to bringing him in.

2 hours ago, The_PROOF said:

I wonder if they would consider using Rade as a trade chip in the draft or if they're really committed to bringing him in.

A trade chip?  What for another second rounder? 

3 hours ago, The_PROOF said:

I would rather move Wright to get a pick. I doubt he will be here after this contract so I would rather get a young guy that we can work on and free up the 5 million towards a FA.

I think Deyonta needs those minutes to develop into Marc's backup so we can solidify that position.

The Grizzlies can't pass up the opportunity to see what Rade can bring.

7 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I would rather move Wright to get a pick. I doubt he will be here after this contract so I would rather get a young guy that we can work on and free up the 5 million towards a FA.

I think Deyonta needs those minutes to develop into Marc's backup so we can solidify that position.

The Grizzlies can't pass up the opportunity to see what Rade can bring.

I think Deyonta needs minutes to develop into Marc's replacement 

I hope everyone is keeping expectations real about Rade. He was a 2nd round pick in a draft universally panned for the lack of talent. I hope he surprises me but I am going in with the expectations that he spends the entire year in the D-League getting used to the NBA 3 point line and the physicality of the game. 

one thing that impresses me about his game is his handles...you dont see that many guys 6'10 that can dribble like him

here is some of his stats:

3pt-33.3%

FG-42.4%

FT-77.6%

REB-6.34 per game

STLS-1.35 per game

AST-2.47 per game

14.27PPG

22 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I hope everyone is keeping expectations real about Rade. He was a 2nd round pick in a draft universally panned for the lack of talent. I hope he surprises me but I am going in with the expectations that he spends the entire year in the D-League getting used to the NBA 3 point line and the physicality of the game. 

That sound like the best idea the wing is going to be stacked next year baring any moves and hes not read to be a stretch 4 in the NBA. 

I wonder if he can become as good as Saric for Philly.