Sign in to follow this  
The REF

I Heard Minnesota Called Memphis

The REF    0

I'm hearing a rumor that Minnesota called Memphis to discuss the idea of moving or trading for Marc Gasol.

Minny is willing to part ways with SG Zach LaVine, Gorgui Dieng, the # 5, pick and a future protected 1st round for Marc Gasol and Memphis 2nd picks 40, and 56.

Darkchild    0

As nice as that trade is, they can do a lot better since there are multiple teams with at least three draft picks

in the 1st round that could really shape the present and future of the franchise.  

For instance how does the trade stack up against  a Boston offer of Avery Bradley, #16, #24 or #31 & james Young or RJ Hunter.  

or Phoenix offer of either Eric Bledsoe or Brandon Knight and their #15 & #28 picks.   

In both scenarios you are trading for a high quality point guard, since by even considering the deal you are basically punting on 

maxing Mike Conley Jr (which is the correct move) and picking up two additional first round picks and not even the two teams mentioned

highest draft picks which will be a plus for those teams.  

Therefore Minnesota would need to up their offer to at least include Shabazz Muhammed since they are only offering one 1st rounder this year. 

chipc3    0

I'm hearing a rumor that Minnesota called Memphis to discuss the idea of moving or trading for Marc Gasol.

Minny is willing to part ways with SG Zach LaVine, Gorgui Dieng, the # 5, pick and a future protected 1st round for Marc Gasol and Memphis 2nd picks 40, and 56.

This is confusing. Memphis has the 17th pick and the 57th pick. I hope Memphis is seriously considering this deal, if it was really offered, because the #5 pick could bring in Jamaal Murray or Jaylen Brown. Combine that with a resigned Conley, LaVine, Dieng, Randolph, Martin, Allen and Green and the team has a bright future. The Grizzlies also keep their 17th pick too. That pick could become Cheick Diallo or Devonta Davis for instance. Nothing earth shattering but big bodies who could man the middle type of players. 

Gasol is an injury risk and big men like him are a dying bread. The Grizzlies could be improved and have a lot of cap space with this deal. The problem is how do the Grizzlies trade the 40th and 56th picks since they don't own them? 

Why would Minny trade for Gasol when they have Karl Anthony Towns who is after 1 year, arguably already better than Marc? I don't see a "twin towers" from these 2. How would they play together? You would have 2 pivots.