Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Do You Believe In Dave Joerger's Vision For The Team?

Say what you want about Hollins, but he KNEW what he wanted. He knew it from the beginning.

I think Joerger just really doesn't have a personal vision: I'd like to know what his goals are that he believes we need to do to win a championship.

With Joeger, half the time I really can't tell what he is trying to do. The grizzlies have 30 more games to try out things: Our goal should be to get as close to the eighth seed as possible. To experiment with lineups and the younger guys, and at some point the grizzlies need to be looking toward the draft and working with joerger to find out just exactly who we need and what we need going forward.

Ndq0327    0

Don't think he's the coach next year so it doesn't matter what he thinks

Yeah I agree, not to sure he's here next year. After letting your star center play when admitting before hand he was already injured.

I got many more ideas why he's not coming back. Problem is let's say his goal is to play small ball. I like the idea, I think we should start making progress towards that, which in many ways we have. But is it daves fault for lack of talent on team or the FO? I think both. Deft of the FO for sure, but not playing JA last year more when clearly he could have made a difference when we were having one of the best seasons, if not the best overall season of franchise history. Watching teams pick us apart in the playoffs due to not having a 3point shooter to space the floor, all the while we had JA sitting on the sidelines was extremely painful to watch.

After watching game after game of defenses stack the paint in the playoffs was tough to take for me. Knowing we had someone already on the payroll who could open it up for us was a huge let down. I do believe Dave intended to play Adams more this year, but unfortunely he's been hurt.

Sadly I fear if change doesn't happen we have hit our ceiling. Need a proven HC that comes in and has the respect of the FO to call the shots, and actually get the FO to acquire who he wants on the roster. Clearly with DJs complaining all this year about the roster he's not being listened to. So it's not all his fault:/

Yeah I agree, not to sure he's here next year. After letting your star center play when admitting before hand he was already injured.

I got many more ideas why he's not coming back. Problem is let's say his goal is to play small ball. I like the idea, I think we should start making progress towards that, which in many ways we have. But is it daves fault for lack of talent on team or the FO? I think both. Deft of the FO for sure, but not playing JA last year more when clearly he could have made a difference when we were having one of the best seasons, if not the best overall season of franchise history. Watching teams pick us apart in the playoffs due to not having a 3point shooter to space the floor, all the while we had JA sitting on the sidelines was extremely painful to watch.

After watching game after game of defenses stack the paint in the playoffs was tough to take for me. Knowing we had someone already on the payroll who could open it up for us was a huge let down. I do believe Dave intended to play Adams more this year, but unfortunely he's been hurt.

Sadly I fear if change doesn't happen we have hit our ceiling. Need a proven HC that comes in and has the respect of the FO to call the shots, and actually get the FO to acquire who he wants on the roster. Clearly with DJs complaining all this year about the roster he's not being listened to. So it's not all his fault:/

How do you ever know what ceiling we have if you don't think the head coach has a clue?

You've got one foot in and one foot out. You are like, well it maybe joeger's fault, but hey we aren't talented enough and yeah the front office may have a part in it, but yeah we need to get better.

lions    0

joegers  is a good  coach it not his fault the fo doesnot give any one you can shoot.

lions    0

the last good draft we had is with mike conley . and is a good p.g and great ,he is to small

Allen    0

Who cares what I believe? Does the front office believe is the question

lions    0

Who cares what I believe? Does the front office believe is the question

The fo believe is cannot win. there market is to small.

I'd also like to say the bigger problem is that Pera is MIA more than ever. I guess Bangkok has him, or wherever exactly he is. Can't tell me hes an owner who is involved pushing for a championship. Have to heard much of him in social media outlet in months, except for a stupid time machine tweet recently.

Can't tell me he's watched any of this season unfold and thought it was acceptable. I think he has a disconnect, and major ADD(I have ADD as well). Whatever interest you at the moment takes up all of your concentration when on the meds for it, and can't concentrate on one thing when off. So if on meds and the Grizzlies are of interest to him at the moment then he's all in, if not on meds the Grizzlies won't even register to him(like wise if on meds and has something else taking up his interest). So one way or the other he's not even given it a thought really in my op.

lions    0

i live out side of charlotte right over the line in sc. i see the same **** over there .

Allen    0

The FO and coach are never on the same page so that would lead me to think that they don't believe

lions    0

the problem with a small markets 1  if you draft poor you are screwed .  2   if one of your good players gets hurts  GASOL  you are f------   because  small markets don,t have strong benches

Allen    0

The fo believe is cannot win. there market is to small.

Playing in a small market caused them to draft Thabeet over Curry or Harden?

How do you ever know what ceiling we have if you don't think the head coach has a clue?

You've got one foot in and one foot out. You are like, well it maybe joeger's fault, but hey we aren't talented enough and yeah the front office may have a part in it, but yeah we need to get better.

I agree, I'm torn. I think there's a disconnect on the path to success between the HC, and the FO. I think we don't hear much about it due to DJ not putting his foot down and calling out the FO like Hollins or other veteran coaches around the league.

And also lack of owner presence. I don't agree with an owner trying to run a team, but when there's a lack of owner/boss present then things can go adrift. I'm a firefighter and a general contractor. And at the job site there a difference when I'm there even when I'm not barking our orders.

TimBC    0

I think Joerger just really doesn't have a personal vision: I'd like to know what his goals are that he believes we need to do to win a championship. With Joeger, half the time I really can't tell what he is trying to do. 

Says the guy who just one thread away said, "The guy has basically an entire new team. I think he has his work cut out just trying to get everybody on the same page, much less worry about who's starting and who's not."

You might ask what his goals WERE, but it's become meaningless without Gasol and Wright and Adams. 

lions    0

Playing in a small market caused them to draft Thabeet over Curry or Harden?

BAD FRONT OFFICE

To your point KBM.  

I would go ahead and settle on how he is going to use the new guys.

Mike/Mario

Lance/PJ

Matt/Tony

JaM/Vince Or Jarrell

Zbo/Birdman

With Gasol and Wright out we may as well just go small and attack mode with the starting lineup.    Second Unit keeps up the same mentality.  Birdman isn't helping the rim protecting or defense and is still limited in minutes he can play.   So no need to try become a makeshift version of traditional grizz starting lineup.    

• Zbo can play the role of Gasol a similar role offense as he did last night to great success.  
  • Lance can be the secondary ball-handler that allows Conley to take on more of a scoring load.  
  • Lance Matt and JaM are all good defenders and rebounders for their positions so they can make up for loss of true Bigs
  • PJ can be the main scoring option for second unit.  His lack of passing doesn't hurt that unit as much as it would starters
  • Birdman is best used off the bench where it is easier to control his minutes. 
  • TA and LS are too chaotic to play together right now so move TA to bench role now.  His energy on 2nd unit can still impact games

TimBC    0

Being the last lottery team gives lousy odds of getting lucky, and costs us a draft pick. So maybe it's make the playoffs, period. 

If we slip to 7th or 8th it's the Spurs or Warriors and we probably get swept.

6th is likely the Thunder and we might win one.    

So you have to think Joerger's planning for the only sensible goal: make the playoffs, never mind what happens after that.

He'll probably have to use all the available players anyway so his only choices are combinations and minutes. So far it seems that he has some mix-and-match players on the wings anyway.  Really it's about who plays C and who gets to play SG with Conley.   

grizzgolf    0

We have to make the playoffs and play the clippers. Its the only shot we have of making it to the second round

MemphisX    0

Being the last lottery team gives lousy odds of getting lucky, and costs us a draft pick. So maybe it's make the playoffs, period.

If we slip to 7th or 8th it's the Spurs or Warriors and we probably get swept.

6th is likely the Thunder and we might win one.

So you have to think Joerger's planning for the only sensible goal: make the playoffs, never mind what happens after that.

He'll probably have to use all the available players anyway so his only choices are combinations and minutes. So far it seems that he has some mix-and-match players on the wings anyway. Really it's about who plays C and who gets to play SG with Conley.

It does not cost us a draft pick. We owe that pick no matter what.

TimBC    0

It does not cost us a draft pick. We owe that pick no matter what.

Wasn't there a reason to prefer not losing it now?