Sign in to follow this  
The Truth is OUT

Kevin Love To Move To Next Iteration Of Grizzlies?

I would do the trade Z-Bo and Jeff for Love. Love is being overshadowed by Lebron and there's not enough basketballs to go around. Love can rebound (10.9) and shoot from deep as well. I still think one more trade might be need for another shooter off the bench.

I don't get this "Love never made the playoffs at the main guy" business. It took Zbo 9 years to make the playoffs as the best player, and he had way more help than Love ever had. Gettin Love would be like gettin 27 year old Zbo from the Clips all over again. They're remarkably similar players, tho Zbo is a better defender and Love can hit the 3 and rebound better.

I hate to nitpick but Zbo averaged nearly 14/9 per game in the playoffs in his second season.

I like Love. Weak defender, but his production in Minny was not fool's gold. He's a unique talent and those Minny teams were good when he was on the court - they just had absolutely nothing else.

That being said, come on. We're not getting Kevin Love - we had our chance with him.

Love is ok it just needs to be understood that his 25ppg does not equal go to scoring option. He isnt even a go to guy in the Zbo mold because so much of his offense has to be setup.

I hate to nitpick but Zbo averaged nearly 14/9 per game in the playoffs in his second season.

You know what I mean tho. Its kinda funny actually if u compare their #s in their respective playoff debuts (Zbo played literally 1 minute in the playoffs a season prior so not really his debut but), they are pretty close;

Zbo 13.9p 8.7r 1.6a in 29.3 vs the Mavs

Love 14.3p 7.0r 2.5a in 26.8 vs the Celtics

Zbo shot a lot better (53% to 42%) in more games (7 to 4) but Love took more outside shots obviously.

You know what I mean tho. Its kinda funny actually if u compare their #s in their respective playoff debuts (Zbo played literally 1 minute in the playoffs a season prior so not really his debut but), they are pretty close;

Zbo 13.9p 8.7r 1.6a in 29.3 vs the Mavs

Love 14.3p 7.0r 2.5a in 26.8 vs the Celtics

Zbo shot a lot better (53% to 42%) in more games (7 to 4) but Love took more outside shots obviously.

Zbo practically won 3 straight games that series by himself to force a game 7.

I would do the trade Z-Bo and Jeff for Love. Love is being overshadowed by Lebron and there's not enough basketballs to go around. Love can rebound (10.9) and shoot from deep as well. I still think one more trade might be need for another shooter off the bench.

If they take zBo and Jeff. You do that all day.

I'm at the point where we keep Marc and put at least two real athletes with him. Whether that's Oladipo, Rudy, Taj, Markeiff, TJones. We need a couple of those guys along with vets like Matt Barnes, Dalembert behind Marc and keep Mario. I'm willing to come off of Conley and roll with Rio. To develop someone like Oladipo at the 1 until his free agency comes and have Rio to trade later with a reasonable contract. We need some guys with the ability to explode.

KLove for zbo yes you do that

klove for marc- hell no

marc is better player

I disagree.  Klove is just as good as marc gasol but in a different way.

Honestly, i think we should just keep Gasol and move everyone else.   His 20m deal will be a bargain once we start seeing the MAX deals in the next few years.  Conley's deal will START at north of 25m.   At least Gasol has been AllNBA, multiple AllStar and DPOY and ranked a top 10 player.   If anyone on our roster deserves to be overpaid based off of credentials it's him.  

25mil for Conley ?  :blink:

Yea its just funny how the stats panned out. Pretty sure Love only played a few minutes before gettin injured in game 4, clearly bein the 3rd best player on the Cavs too. And Zbo played little off bench in the first 3 games of his series.

Marc is not the best center in the league, in fact if we check the All Star voting results we can find, at least, nine centers ahead of him: Pachulia, Kanter, Duncan, Cousins, Jordan, Howard, Pau, Drummond, Whiteside.  Yes, I know that it is only the AS voting but...

So, being Love better and younger than Gasol (Kevin is, as you say, an AS wich Marc isn't) Could you explain me why Cleveland must add a 1st and a good center like Mozgov for him? Obviously no for Lee...

It seems to me a little contradiction.  Don't you?

Marc > Love. Ask most of the NBA players, writers and people who work within the NBA, majority will say the same thing. 

Also All Star Voting isn't to do with how good a player is. Are we going to say that Kobe > Harden? Pachulia > Draymond Green? I mean Pachulia literally had a country voting for him.

Marc is one of the little centers that are great/decent in both aspects of the game. No other center is like that. Boogie isn't that great defensively (yet), Drummond and Jordan can't hurt you offensively. Marc isn't a superstar but we always knew that but how would be without Marc? Nowhere. 

v. Dallas. Great series.

Yea its just funny how the stats panned out. Pretty sure Love only played a few minutes before gettin injured in game 4, clearly bein the 3rd best player on the Cavs too. And Zbo played little off bench in the first 3 games of his series.

Just looking at the stats doesn't make sense. Got to look at everything else and stuff. Z-Bo went to the playoffs with the Trail Blazers. He was never the main guy in Knicks (Marbury) or Clippers (Never had a lead guy till CP3). Love was the face of the T-Wolves and put up amazing numbers but it was just numbers nothing more. The numbers didn't say much except Love can score and collect a lot of rebounds.

Love isn't that good of a player these days to give a lot for. 

Marc > Love. Ask most of the NBA players, writers and people who work within the NBA, majority will say the same thing. 

Marc is one of the little centers that are great/decent in both aspects of the game. No other center is like that. Boogie isn't that great defensively (yet), Drummond and Jordan can't hurt you offensively. Marc isn't a superstar but we always knew that but how would be without Marc? Nowhere. 

I agree ^_^

You can ask NBA writers whatever you want. Most don't even realize the cliff Marc's defense has fallen off of this season.

We will see how highly coaches think of Marc THIS season when The All Star rosters are announced.

So what is the trend? How long until Marc's girth and being out of shape brings an injury?

Marc and Love are the same level of player. Love is 3 years younger and likely to maintain his level of play through his entire contract. Marc, not so much.

Also All Star Voting isn't to do with how good a player is. Are we going to say that Kobe > Harden? Pachulia > Draymond Green? I mean Pachulia literally had a country voting for him.

I'm pretty sure that most of them will say Demarcus Cousins is the better player, they just don't trust him because of the attitude issues. But let's not use opinions; let's use objective data, ESPN real plus minus defensive rating

2013-2014 MG 5.23 (2nd among centers)

DC 1.86 (22nd among centers)

2014-2015 MG 1.91 (23rd among centers)

DC 4.71 (2nd among centers)

2015-2016 MG 2.56 (21st among centers)

DC  3.51 (9th among centers)

What does this tell me? That Gasol used to be an elite defender but is just average these days. With Gasol's age and declining foot speed, that is not going to change. Cousins is above average these days. He is also superior to Gasol defensively the last two years and only getting better. We don't even need to discuss offense. 

I love Gasol. He is a good player. But he is not the best. In my opinion, never has been. When he plays to his potential, he is awesome. However, we don't see that guy nearly enough. Plus, his best years are behind him.

Wonder what could've happened if we didn't trade Love.

Could we still have traded for Z-bo?

The team could have traded for Z-Bo since it wouldn't have affected the money the team had available at the time. However I doubt they would have been interested in acquiring Z-Bo if they already had Love. 

Now if they hadn't traded Love for Mayo maybe the team would have drafted Curry or Harden instead of Thabeet...

Conley-Harden-Gay-Love-Gasol

Sigh...

Never could have paid all of these players but it is painful to imagine. 

You could say Conley-Curry-Gay-Love-Gasol as well you know. 

how fun would it have been to watch those guys- Love and Curry (or Harden) on same team w/mike, marc and rudy??

would've been one amazing offensive machine

Never could have paid all of these players but it is painful to imagine.

Not in the long run, but Curry/Harden and Love on rookie scale contracts would still have given us one heck of a run.

I'm pretty sure that most of them will say Demarcus Cousins is the better player, they just don't trust him because of the attitude issues. But let's not use opinions; let's use objective data, ESPN real plus minus defensive rating

2013-2014 MG 5.23 (2nd among centers)

DC 1.86 (22nd among centers)

2014-2015 MG 1.91 (23rd among centers)

DC 4.71 (2nd among centers)

2015-2016 MG 2.56 (21st among centers)

DC  3.51 (9th among centers)

What does this tell me? That Gasol used to be an elite defender but is just average these days. With Gasol's age and declining foot speed, that is not going to change. Cousins is above average these days. He is also superior to Gasol defensively the last two years and only getting better. We don't even need to discuss offense. 

I love Gasol. He is a good player. But he is not the best. In my opinion, never has been. When he plays to his potential, he is awesome. However, we don't see that guy nearly enough. Plus, his best years are behind him.

Firstly Boogie is a better offensive center by a lot. 

Secondly plus/minus is one of the stupidest stat tools used in basketball. Like a player can have 23/10 and still have a negative rating, it is so bad. 

Boogie is a better offensive center and will be easily better than Marc was ever but defensively I would rather Marc than Boogie. It's more than stats, you have to see how many times Boogie gets lost or gambles or can't defend the paint. Plus/Minus ratings are worse than PER and PER is pretty bad. 

You can ask NBA writers whatever you want. Most don't even realize the cliff Marc's defense has fallen off of this season.

We will see how highly coaches think of Marc THIS season when The All Star rosters are announced.

So what is the trend? How long until Marc's girth and being out of shape brings an injury?

Marc and Love are the same level of player. Love is 3 years younger and likely to maintain his level of play through his entire contract. Marc, not so much.

They do. They have to watch the games to write stuff. It's noticeable as well. Are we assuming that majority of NBA writers are stupid? Also Love has been going downhill for a while.

It's like we assume that Marc is going to be a scrub in 1 year and everyone not in Memphis is going to be this amazing player forever and forever. It's also like we don't pay attention to other teams. Love has been performing worse than he has ever. Why would we want Kevin Love who defensively is so bad than a consistent player that puts the effort in both sides and tries to make his team better. 

Love is never the answer as a first option at all.