Sign in to follow this  
Wells

Pick 10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

For games 42 - 51 of the 2015-16 season...  

9 members have voted

1. 1. the Grizzlies win-loss record will be

• 10 - 0!
    • 9 - 1.
    • 8 - 2.
    • 7 - 3.
    • 6 - 4.
    • 5 - 5.
    • 4 - 6.
    • 3 - 7.
    • 2 - 8.
    • 1 - 9 or worse.

Wells    0

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the fifth Pick thread of the 2015-16 season, Pick 10: Sunday Bloody Sunday!  I must apologize for the lateness of this thread, as I got tickets for the Pistons game at the last minute, which prevented my writing last night.  

So far, the Grizzlies stand a mere three games over 0.500 at 22-19 at the halfway point of the season. The team has had some dissension among the players and between the players and coach, which may be leading to a bit of a revolt.  Attempting to go small ball has not been as successful as some had hoped and the re-emergence of Grit 'n' Grind seems to be happening, combined with more consistent performances.

So, the theme for this set that I chose back in October seems to be apropos in many ways.  It was based upon the date of the Pick 'Em game, January 30th against the Sacramento Kings.  That is the 44th anniversary of a very violent incident in Northern Ireland where 26 protesters were shot in a confrontation with British soldiers.  The incident, known now as Bloody Sunday, was truly disturbing on an international scale, and has been memorialized by several artists over the years.  I have always found U2's tribute to be among the most stirring

Now for the important stuff - Picks!

01-16 v. Knicks - W.  Phil Jackson may have found two corners of his triangle, but Melo and Porzingis may not play in this game.  But a more pressing issue is whether Matt Barnes will actively a pursue a loose ball into the lap of Derek Fisher on the Knicks bench.  TMZ will have cameras at the Grindhouse to find out!

01-18 v. Pelicans - W. Alvin Gentry must think his head coaching career is cursed.  Get the Suns, and Steve Nash returns to being mortal.  Get the Pelicans, and injuries derail all the plans for the emergence of an Anthony Davis led juggernaut.  Bears do him no favors on Beale.

01-21 @ Nuggets - L. Grizzlies should beat the Nuggets based upon the talent levels of the two teams.  But Mile High City and the Pepsi Center carry bad juju for Grizzlies.

01-23 @ T'wolves - W. Lots of young talent, but they are having troubles putting it together for now in the Twin Cities.  Maybe some young promising coach from the area could bring all that potential to fruition next season.  Might be a showcase game.

01-25 v. Magic - W. Back to the friendly environs of Beale Street, with an invasion from Central Florida.  But winter is coming and cold chills the Magic.

01-28 v. Bucks - W. Greek Freak in the Grindhouse!  Only problem is Jason Kidd's magic from last season's seems to have disappeared.

01-30 v. Kings - W. Guess George Karl, Rudy and Boogie are not bosom buddies.  Game is on a Saturday, so not getting bloody today.  Kings score 95.

02-01 @ Pelicans - L.  Tom Benson calls on the spirit of Marie LeVeaux for some voodoo that she do.  Blue Bears leave NOLA without the W following a night of what will go wrong going wrong.

02-05 @ Knicks - W. Revenge game for Fish?  Not happening as long as the Grizzlies feel like getting Nasty.

02-06 v. Mavericks - W. Cuban's Basketball Stormtroopers come to Memphis on the second night of a back-to-back for our boys in blue.  Grizz have been doing great on second nights, and everyone knows from The Force Awakens, stormtroopers have problems shooting straight.

That's 8-2, with the Kings scoring 95.  All right, boys!

cdp    0

8-2 losses to the Wolves and Magic. Kings score 92.

If they still seriously think they're a good team they'll go on a run here. That's what good teams do, take advantage of an easy schedule.

Wells    0

Ok, Pick summary.  Score picks can be made until tip off against the Kings.

10-0: moisesalex, kboyar

9-1: VikingWarrior (94)

8-2: Wells (95), chasingpapes (92)

7-3: CoachHesam (88), chipc3 (96), Ethan7 (94), smit-tay griz (92)

6-4: scooter (96), nivek (100)

5-5: Father Pat (96)

Wells    0

If the Grizzlies keep this up, moisesalex and kboyar are going to need to pick a score for the Kings game.

Wells    0

If the Grizzlies keep this up, moisesalex and kboyar are going to need to pick a score for the Kings game.

Guess I jinxed the game last night.

lions    0

i know this has nothing to do with this form your memphis tiger coach josh pastner needs to go memphis tiger basketball has went down BIG TIME when pastner took over . 

Wells    0

And our finalists are:

9-1: VikingWarrior

8-2: Wells

7-3: chipc3

And at 6-4: nivek.

Good luck, gentlemen!

Wells    0

And then there were three. Got to admit, I'm happy to be guaranteed a spot going into the last game.

Feel Good about the chances this time around especially if uncle Jeff keep playing like how I always dreamt he would...:) it's like we traded for an impact player a month ago