Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

How Many Wins Do You Think The Grizz Will Have When They Hit 60 Games And 82 Games

I was posting with Toke the other night and he said Joerger said the Grizz would be about the 500 mark at 30 games, I get the feeling that 500 is about all the Grizz will ever be unless Joerger gives Ennis, Martin and Adams quite a bit of PT and not mop up time minutes. I think they have played 31 games, that leaves 29 to 60 and 51 to 82. I see them at 32-28 and 43-39.

Care you make your predictions?

I predict ennis, martin and adams are over rated as far as impacting actual wins and losses'

I understand developing young players for the future but if you think we will win more games with those guys getting PT over the vets then you're either crazy or a basketball genius

Negative efficiency ratings are better than no efficiency ratings all day

Insay they play 3 over .500 all season unfortunately just like in the WCF year the basketball god decided to let the west be bad so the Grizz won get the full effect of their bad season.

Through 31 games, the Grizzlies have played one more road game than home. We have a big six game home stand coming up in the middle of January. While injuries have hampered what I expected so far in the season, I still expect the Grizzlies to improve as the season continues.

35-25 at sixty games, 48-34 at the end of the season, fourth seed.

If Chalmers can avoid being tossed from winnable games and Wright's arthroscopic knee work (or whatever it was he had done) can hold up for the rest of the season when he gets back, I would be somewhere in the range of Wells and GrizzTigerFan's predictions.  This is also contingent on TA not turning into a cancer on or off the court over his dwindling PT.  Z-Bo seems to be accepting reality and Tony should as well.

There's no limitations, next people will be saying if Marc doesn't play poorly we'd win 52 games but we know he does sometimes and there would those who would say if Z gets hurt well win more games cause he's killing the Grizz.Man up, don't be a woos!

Through 31 games, the Grizzlies have played one more road game than home. We have a big six game home stand coming up in the middle of January. While injuries have hampered what I expected so far in the season, I still expect the Grizzlies to improve as the season continues.

I would be estatic if you are right, Wells.  I really would.   We play GSW twice in the last week or so of the season and they will be duking it out with SAS for the top seed, so we can write down 2 losses for sure there at the end.  That would lead me to think the following:

at 60 games---record:  31-29

at 82 games---record:  41-41

Look, what is there to make one think that things will change from what they are right now??  Brandan Wright coming back and Marc getting more rest???  That would be or will be great if/when it happens but with what we know right now, this is a .500 team.  They do NOT play defense with any intensity regularly.  What I mean is they might play a couple of possessions of tough defense but as for a whole game, they give up straight line drives with ease and they employ the "surely you cant keep hitting all these 3 point shots" defense against their opponents 3 point attack as they stand and watch the shots head toward the rim.

And when they do get stops, they struggle to capitalize on it.  In one of their recent losses (cant remember which one-there are severql), they got 5 consecutive stops in a row at the end of the 3rd qtr going into the 4th but it was all for naught since they couldnt score at all themselves.  What a joke.  Something has to change to make me think they would get to 10-14 games over .500.  Just dont see it until it happens.

Ah come on guys, you can't wait almost a month and then make predictions. Scooter, you know the Grizz is playing better now, if I got to choose now, I would raise my predictions upward, Detroit beat the Rockets pretty good tonight and while the Grizz was fortunate to beat them, they did beat them. 4-6 without Conley, pretty good.

I predict 45-50 wins.

I still believe we'd get that 10 game win streak sometime this year.

Then after that the usual .500 ball to the playoffs, then crash out somewhere.  :D

I agree with Wells on the 48-34 mark. We should finish 5th or 6th. I also agree with Iron Mike that we're due for a long win streak somewhere between 8 to 12 games.

Well Wells, I thought you had this all wrapped up but it seems the wrapping isn't nearly as tight as it was 2 games ago. I'm not even sure of the Brooklyn game now.