Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tempus

Grizzlies Fo Should Be Blowing Up The Lakers Fo Right Now!

9 posts in this topic

Serious trade right here: Tony Allen for Nick Young... Memphis can move on from one dimensional Tony Allen for one dimensional Nick Young...Tony Allen hurts Memphis more than anything... He starts the game and ends up with like 8 to 12 minutes... He has lost his defensive edge...they have about the same years left on their contracts and make about the same money... Tony Allen can't coexist with Marc Gasol, Zbo, or Jeff Green....I'm tired of seeing defenders sag off on Tony Allen because he can't shoot for crap... I'm tired of the missed lay ups and all the gambling off shooters! On top of that if he is benched he is going to sulk and pout on the bench and not even show good team spirit... He's entitled for no reason! Can you imagine a pass out of the double team to Nick Young the Grizz killer himself? Lol!

Another serious trade: Tony Allen + Vince Carter for Nick Young + Robert Sacre + 2nd round pick (knowing Chris Wallace it will be the other way around lmao)... Memphis gets rid of Vince and Tony, which would open up more playing time for our younger players... James Ennis, Jordan Adams, and Jarrell Martin (when he comes back from injury) ...and would give us some big man depth behind Marc Gasol so we don't run him into the ground...

Sacre has played like 16 minutes all year!

Both are very realistic trades and are about as good as it gets for Tony and Vince!

Conley/Chalmers/Smith

Adams (possibly throwing him into the fire, but I feel he would be a good combo with Conley) /Lee/Young (either can start really)

Barnes/Jeff Green (either of these 2 can start) /Ennis/Martin

Zbo (possibly move him to bench for a 6th man role would feast on second units) /Jam Green/Wright

Gasol/Sacre/Wright

My ideal starting 5 (when healthy) would be:

Conley

Adams (time to develop for future... He has shown flashes in short stints...check out his career high vs Golden State in the playoffs last year! I was so angry he never got a chaNce to play after that! That's all on the coach!)

Jeff Green (our best scorer so it's only right he starts)

Jam Green (athletic, shotblocking power forward to pair with Gasol so he doesn't have to make up for other players defensive deficiencies)

Gasol

2nd Unit:

Chalmers (best backup we have ever had and is lighting a fire under Conley's behind)

Lee (has been thriving in a bench role lately)

Barnes (he is like what Tony Allen should have developed into after all these years)

Zbo (6th man role)

Brendan Wright (athletic, shotblocking Center to hide zbo's defensive deficiencies)

Nick Young (spot minutes for a scorer when needed, the reverse Tony Allen except he is still young)

Robert Sacre (Hamed Haddaddi type role but can still give productive minutes when needed or in case of injury to Wright or Gasol)

James Ennis (3 and D...I would like to see some development for him)

Jarrell Martin (probably won't see daylight until next year)

Small ball lineup:

Conley, Chalmers, Barnes, Jeff Green, Jam Green

Athletic:

Chalmers, Lee, Ennis, Jeff Green, Wright

Well I'm glad I get to respond to this before the forum pseudo-mods arrive and assure everyone that they're in charge by informing you that we already have a Roster Moves thread and even a Trade Talk forum! :rolleyes:

I don't hate this idea and theoretically I like the prospect of Swaggy P on the Grizzlies, but I would rather get a younger guy or draft pick(s) for Tony, or use him in a larger consolidation trade. If you're replacing Tony with Young, you really haven't opened up any minutes for Jordan Adams which needs to be a priority.

There would probably have to be a 3rd team involved so we can get back just Sacre, open up a roster spot in the process and giving others more pt...And I wholeheartedly agree about Jordan Adams... He needs to be thrown into the proverbial fire to see if he is apart of our future or just a decent role player..

Smooth, quick release... Draws fouls, plays pasing lanes, and can score from anywhere.

His full skillset is on display in this video in just one game not highlights from multiple games... sorry don't know how to embed videos... 

The Lakers have The Artist Formerly Known as Ron Artest. Why the heck would they want a Tony Allen...?

I guess they ARE trying to tank to keep their pick... (top 3 protected)

I would swap him for TA in a heartbeat.  Adding Nick now means we don't have to worry about replacing Courtney next season. 

Tony would thrive a lot better in that uptempo offense.... Nick Young is in the dog house and doesn't have any value to them...Plus Kobe just said Allen was the best defender he has faced... In a sense Kobe slightly gave Allen some value! Lol!

Nick Young has no desire to leave his hometown of LA to come to Memphis. He'd mope and be a disaster here. 

It isn't like he has to move from LA! He can live there during the off season, like I'm sure many players already do similar things...