Sign in to follow this  
ThrobbingGrizzHater

Can The Grizzlies Fo Bring Mike Miller Back If He Becomes A Free Agent?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-trade-brendan-haywood--mike-miller-to-trail-blazers-021151747-nba.html

According to the link above the Cavs have traded Mike and Brendan to the Blazers for cash. I'm to lazy to explain all the details but the article states that Portland could possibly buyout Mike's contract. With luxury and Salary taxes in mind could the Grizz in fact sign Mike; my favorite ever to put on a Grizz uni, to perhaps the veteran minimum??? After all he would address some of you guy's shooting woes i.e Courtny Lee VC Jeff Green Tony Allen Marc Gasol Beno Z Bo and if he gets the backup or third stream role at PG Russ Smith all mediocre to horrible stanky putrid shooters.

I think he would come in takin Carters role, 10th/11th man gettin 10-15mins a game. Frankly gimme Miller at the minimum over Carter at 4mill all day every day, but god please no to both. If they bring home MM they gotta move off Carter, buyout, stretch pro or trade somehow.

If this was a team with a bona fide superstar/30 a night scorer then having a number of vets at the end of the pine like Vince and MM is a no brainer. But this aint that team. This team needs more youth and athleticism to balance out the veteran already aged core. 

One is a enough, maybe even more than enough.

Please add me to the "Miller > Carter" Club. I'd waive Carter in a heartbeat if it means adding Mike Miller.

As for roster spots, Jam Green or Andrew Harrison probably won't be on the roster come Oct 29.

This can't be real.

You better believe it is and you also better believe Wallace is outside of Ray Allen's house with a bouquet of Edible Arrangements.

Apparently Wallace and Joerger believe that only 12+yr veterans are capable of contributing to our team.

This team will be destryoed by moves like this. Athletic team will run us out of the building. I don't mind an aged starting lineup where we can manage the minutes with a youthful bench. We already are stuck with Carter. No need for anymore players over 30. I don't see any room for Miller at all unless there is some trade coming to thin out the wings with any combination of Lee+Carter+Green.

Conley/Russ/Beno

Lee/Adams

Barnes/Allen/Carter

Zbo/J.Green/JamGreen/Martin

Gasol/Wright

Right now I have Harrison and Stokes missing out on making the team & Martin spending the year in Iowa. Plus I see the team keeping that 15th spot open.

This team will be destryoed by moves like this. Athletic team will run us out of the building. I don't mind an aged starting lineup where we can manage the minutes with a youthful bench. We already are stuck with Carter. No need for anymore players over 30. I don't see any room for Miller at all unless there is some trade coming to thin out the wings with any combination of Lee+Carter+Green.

Conley/Russ/Beno

Lee/Adams

Barnes/Allen/Carter

Zbo/J.Green/JamGreen/Martin

Gasol/Wright

Right now I have Harrison and Stokes missing out on making the team & Martin spending the year in Iowa. Plus I see the team keeping that 15th spot open.

I am completely fine with this. Its all about having a good combination of vets/youth to make out your rotation. 

I love Mike but it's time to move on from bring him back. I agree that VC stunk it up last season but I would rather see if he's healthy enough to make a contribution this season, than to add another aged player to our roster, unless his name is Ray Allen. We need to build on our future by bring in younger talent. Maybe it's time to bring Mike back only as a member of the staff.

The only reason to do this is if we want to give Mike a farewell tour.  And given how the "communication" went between he and the F.O. last time around, I doubt there's any good time feelings going on there.

If Mike were a PF or PG, I'd be more intrigued.  We're a mess at the wing as it is - only reason to bring another one in is if he could clear up that mess a bit.  Mike would just add to it.

A lot of folks are ready to cast VC to the outer darkness, but with an offseason to get healthy and his old pick n roll bench buddy Wright coming on board, I think we're going to see more of the Dallas VC again.  That's the VC we signed up for and need.

Please add me to the "Miller > Carter" Club. I'd waive Carter in a heartbeat if it means adding Mike Miller.

As for roster spots, Jam Green or Andrew Harrison probably won't be on the roster come Oct 29.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Green Courtny Lee Tony Allen and or Z Bo being traded in a package deal for a 20 to 25 a night scorer that can demand double teams and if there still feels a need then bringing back Mike as well. This is why; I'm tired of watching Courtny and Jeff with there no taking the initiative to score passive selfs; well actually that's more so Lee but Jeff just can't seem to be able to get them buckets at crucial points in the game when he is open and also doesn't finish around the rim well. His athletism or flashes there of are great at times but that's just all there is to his game. Lee can't seem to be able to create his own shot let alone take his man off the dribble when he's tired. He shows flashes to but his enthusiasm seems to fizzle out or something wierd. I'm tired of Z Bo burning out in the playoffs trying to play that tired grit n grind crap and it doesn't seem to me that he is that great of a team player that is will to self-sacrifice at times. His post game is dimenshing anyway so he needs to think about bench play for the 2nd half of the season. I don't even want to get started on Allen. Let VC fly like all those ill-advised jumpers he clanked last season smh

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Green Courtny Lee Tony Allen and or Z Bo being traded in a package deal for a 20 to 25 a night scorer that can demand double teams and if there still feels a need then bringing back Mike as well.

But who?

But who?

Rudy Gay lol. He demands doubles on the block.

But, Zbo demands doubles on the block as well. He's just not good enough at his age to consistently take advantage of opponents on the block night in and night out with a bunch of touches. There are not many guys that can give us that luxury (at least none we can realistically trade for using our assets), but we had 2 guys in the past. Unfortunately, both players were more effective on the block and got in each other's way. 

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Green Courtny Lee Tony Allen and or Z Bo being traded in a package deal for a 20 to 25 a night scorer that can demand double teams and if there still feels a need then bringing back Mike as well.

There were only 15 players in the entire NBA who averaged 20 or more points last year. Which one do you think we can get for those guys? The best players in that package are both on the downside of their careers. Jeff Green is trash. The only half way gettable player on that list is Rudy Gay.

Speaking of Rudy, his numbers were fantastic last year- I did not realize how good they were. But every team that lets him go gets better after he is gone. Plus I read an article after he was traded to Sacramento talking about how much better he was playing. The premise behind the article was that some players and coaches are better when they are clearly NOT the man, or in this case the first offensive option. I think that fits well with Rudy. When ZBo was undeniably the go to player here, Rudy was solid. Then ZBo got hurt and Rudy became the first offensive option. His efficiency went down. In Toronto, he was on par with the other good players and was thought of as a first option there. But now in Sacramento, he is again undeniably second fiddle to Demarcus Cousins. If we brought him back, he would go back to being the top offensive option. I think his numbers would slump again.

There were only 15 players in the entire NBA who averaged 20 or more points last year. Which one do you think we can get for those guys? The best players in that package are both on the downside of their careers. Jeff Green is trash. The only half way gettable player on that list is Rudy Gay.

Speaking of Rudy, his numbers were fantastic last year- I did not realize how good they were. But every team that lets him go gets better after he is gone. Plus I read an article after he was traded to Sacramento talking about how much better he was playing. The premise behind the article was that some players and coaches are better when they are clearly NOT the man, or in this case the first offensive option. I think that fits well with Rudy. When ZBo was undeniably the go to player here, Rudy was solid. Then ZBo got hurt and Rudy became the first offensive option. His efficiency went down. In Toronto, he was on par with the other good players and was thought of as a first option there. But now in Sacramento, he is again undeniably second fiddle to Demarcus Cousins. If we brought him back, he would go back to being the top offensive option. I think his numbers would slump again.

Who's to say he would be the top  offensive option when Marc is still the guy (not Zbo)? The biggest issue was the pecking order of our offense and we lacked offensive ball movement at that time because we had 2 guys incapable of buying in to ball movement. Just like Zbo matured a little in terms of being a willing passer, so has Rudy. But, that ship has sailed. No way the Kings are giving him up on that type of contract. Grizz would have to wait til next summer to get him if that's even an option because its obvious the Kings are trying to make a playoff push this year. 

Who's to say he would be the top offensive option when Marc is still the guy (not Zbo)? The biggest issue was the pecking order of our offense and we lacked offensive ball movement at that time because we had 2 guys incapable of buying in to ball movement. Just like Zbo matured a little in terms of being a willing passer, so has Rudy. But, that ship has sailed. No way the Kings are giving him up on that type of contract. Grizz would have to wait til next summer to get him if that's even an option because its obvious the Kings are trying to make a playoff push this year.

It seems they may have arguably gotten insurmountably better considering the moves they've made roster wise .It should be interesting to see how Rudy performs in Karl's offensive geared system and around a few scorers

I agree because after watching every season he played here it seemed like he was a high volume low percentage shooter that didn't justify his ppg also along with his poor shot selection. He had the injury and we found out something with his eyes was bothering him later on. Still, I hope I never have to see him in a Grizz uni ever ever EVER again past seasons was just to much to bare.

But who?

Melo maybe??? I watched him go off for like 63 enough said. If it can be done via free agency or possible trade which ever I don't really care. Z-Bo Lee Green Carter Allen and I wish it was a 1 year deal Marc we were throwing in that boiling pot to assure he never coast through the second half of a season again all the while logging heavy minutes being non aggressive in spurts. Get ready for a whole lot of Gasoft comments again this year. The core four is degressing I wish they would have chose Lowry over Conly as well. Sorry mike great game 4 agaist GS though love you man!

In theory, Melo would be great. It'll just be difficult to match his salary with what we would probably be willing to give up. I'm also not sure how welcoming Melo would be about coming to Memphis depending on what he and his family wants. A big reason why he decided to stay in NYK was due to the opportunities given from a marketing standpoint and they could offer him the most money.

Maybe if NY gets off to another terrible start and they lose a bunch of games early on, he may be more open to going to a contending team. As a player, I think he definitely helps us. Judging by how much money NYK spent in free agency, I think they are trying to make a playoff push in the East next season. 

In theory, Melo would be great. It'll just be difficult to match his salary with what we would probably be willing to give up. I'm also not sure how welcoming Melo would be about coming to Memphis depending on what he and his family wants. A big reason why he decided to stay in NYK was due to the opportunities given from a marketing standpoint and they could offer him the most money.

Maybe if NY gets off to another terrible start and they lose a bunch of games early on, he may be more open to going to a contending team. As a player, I think he definitely helps us. Judging by how much money NYK spent in free agency, I think they are trying to make a playoff push in the East next season.

I don't doubt though that Z Bo and Tony wouldn't be instant contributions as well as good tradable assets later but I see him as more invaluable as a franchise cornerstone unfortunately

We have nothing to trade for someone like Melo besides Gasol so let's move on

Kinda surprise how many of ya'll are against signing Miller. Since pickin him up would all but guarantee a trade, or atleast a bigger push on the FO's part to get one done.

Would melo for Zach and Jeff work? Knicks would get a 9 million dollar expiring contract to help in free agency next year and help their rebuild. Zach Would be their vet leader and could maybe mentor porzingis