I was focusing to much on the necessity of Cleveland getting a big and the fact they have a lottery pick that I forgot Lebron wont be in favor of Cavs trading for Gasol after Fizzdale got fired because of Gasol drama; they will probably go after Deandre Jordan.

Then I was thinking, Philly is running for a Playoff spot and they have a center that can play all game, this is the perfect destination for Gasol. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8nsrhs4

Get their 2 first round picks and give some 2nds back.

I know ppl will talk that they wont give 2 firsts for Gasol, but we will give then a veteran pg with Playoff experience also and a young prospect that already showed that was a lottery talent this year, I think this is possible, but if its not take Brooks off and get the best pick of their 2.

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

I was focusing to much on the necessity of Cleveland getting a big and the fact they have a lottery pick that I forgot Lebron wont be in favor of Cavs trading for Gasol after Fizzdale got fired because of Gasol drama; they will probably go after Deandre Jordan.

Then I was thinking, Philly is running for a Playoff spot and they have a center that can play all game, this is the perfect destination for Gasol. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8nsrhs4

Get their 2 first round picks and give some 2nds back.

I know ppl will talk that they wont give 2 firsts for Gasol, but we will give then a veteran pg with Playoff experience also and a young prospect that already showed that was a lottery talent this year, I think this is possible, but if its not take Brooks off and get the best pick of their 2.

Next year? Probably

But the 76ers are not in a position where they can go out all and say "this is our year." They're 15-18 in the east, they signed Robert Covington to an $15 Million dollar extension that'll go into effect next season. Adding $22+ Mil for 2 seasons for Gasol is not worth it at all. And they'll probably say no thanks in giving up Bayless and adding another rookie in Dillon Brooks. 76ers would definitely buyout Chalmers' contract. The Grizzlies probably shouldn't get rid of Brooks as well because his value is actually pretty good, and can get even higher if the Grizzlies hold on to them and let him develop into an NBA player.

Just because a team that made the playoffs doesn't consider themselves a threat. 76ers will win 40-45 games, think that's enough to beat Cleveland this year? No. Boston and Washington next year? No as well. 

Despite the 76ers potentially making the playoffs, they aren't a threat, and they aren't ready to sit here and put all their eggs in the basket. Adding Gasol would do just that. To be honest, 76ers might actually take a step back by getting rid of Johnson and Bayless to add Gasol. It'll be a robbery trade.

2 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

I like the idea someone had about getting Clarkson and Randle from the Lakers. 

Clarkson is on a nice contact and you would have a good look at Randle to decide 

on his future. Seems like people at thinking Porter will be alright. If so that can be our target. 

He will drop so maybe we can make a move and get another pick by moving down.

Yeah brother you and I were talking about it, and Isugrizzfan originally mentioned Clarkson.

Handle is an expiring and is probably gonna get squeezed out with Kuzma, and Nance plus Magic wants LBJ.

Clarkson comes in if Magic wants to clear salary. See this article:

During an appearance on ESPN’s Full Court Press special, NBA insider Adrian Wojnorowski indicated the Lakers believe they can easily trade Clarkson, perhaps even if they wait until the offseason to do so: “They believe they can trade Jordan Clarkson and get his money off. They prefer not to do it at the trade deadline. Clarkson has helped them win games this year, and because they don’t have their pick, they want to win as many games as they can. So I think there’s some confidence there that they can find a deal for Clarkson after the season, to get his money off. But there’s got to be a sequencing here. And it gets back to, are they going to chase one max-salary slot, or two?”

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah brother you and I were talking about it, and Isugrizzfan originally mentioned Clarkson.

Handle is an expiring and is probably gonna get squeezed out with Kuzma, and Nance plus Magic wants LBJ.

Clarkson comes in if Magic wants to clear salary. See this article:

During an appearance on ESPN’s Full Court Press special, NBA insider Adrian Wojnorowski indicated the Lakers believe they can easily trade Clarkson, perhaps even if they wait until the offseason to do so: “They believe they can trade Jordan Clarkson and get his money off. They prefer not to do it at the trade deadline. Clarkson has helped them win games this year, and because they don’t have their pick, they want to win as many games as they can. So I think there’s some confidence there that they can find a deal for Clarkson after the season, to get his money off. But there’s got to be a sequencing here. And it gets back to, are they going to chase one max-salary slot, or two?”

Oh ok. IF we could pull that off with our expirings. That would be NICE!