On 12/26/2017 at 4:11 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies have been in the playoffs for 7 years in a row. The law of averages says that teams that are drafting sooner will close the gap on teams that aren't.

Other than the spurs who have pop, and the warriors who have an allstar teams, which team currently in the playoffs are immune to this fact? Houston might have one more good year, if that. Washington and Toronto, nope. Cleveland is already getting worse by the day.

Again, the grizzlies have nobody worth much right now outside of conley and gasol, they just need to get some more talent.

For years you have been saying that the Grizzlies should hold on to the core for and just continue putting pieces around them

10 minutes ago, Allen said:

For years you have been saying that the Grizzlies should hold on to the core for and just continue putting pieces around them

Nothing I just said suggested that I changed that opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Nothing I just said suggested that I changed that opinion. 

But now you are basically saying that teams were bound to pass us if we used that strategy 

4 minutes ago, Allen said:

But now you are basically saying that teams were bound to pass us if we used that strategy 

Teams were bound to pass us. Still doesn't make the strategy wrong. You never win a championship with the "let's bail-out before we get really bad" strategy.

When Boston put together the big 3, they were all 10 year + vets, and they won the championship and Danny Ainge still kept that team together for 5 years after that. Till KG was 35 and PP was 36.

Danny Ainge got a lottery ticket that will never ever happen again when that Russian team owner did the unthinkable. Otherwise, ainge would have missed the opportunity to do what you all worship him for doing. Ainge got really really lucky and found a fool to give him what he got.

KG and PP were washed up and nobody but that idiot Russian owner would have done that.  

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Teams were bound to pass us. Still doesn't make the strategy wrong. You never win a championship with the "let's bail-out before we get really bad" strategy.

When Boston put together the big 3, they were all 10 year + vets, and they won the championship and Danny Ainge still kept that team together for 5 years after that. Till KG was 35 and PP was 36.

Danny Ainge got a lottery ticket that will never ever happen again when that Russian team owner did the unthinkable. Otherwise, ainge would have missed the opportunity to do what you all worship him for doing. Ainge got really really lucky and found a fool to give him what he got.

KG and PP were washed up and nobody but that idiot Russian owner would have done that.  

True.

They put the big 3 together because they bailed out before Paul Pierce left his prime instead of trying to build around Pierce, Al Jefferson and Jeff Green.

Sometimes you have to know when to fold. The grizzlies had on Star, ZBo. Everything else was support. Was Marc very good support? Yes. However, he was not in tandem with ZBo.

Tyreke's value is likely never going to be higher.

They absolutely cannot re-sign him after the year either.

Knowing how the FO likes to let FAs walk without getting value, anyone going to be shocked that they don't move him at the trade deadline?

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Tyreke's value is likely never going to be higher.

They absolutely cannot re-sign him after the year either.

Knowing how the FO likes to let FAs walk without getting value, anyone going to be shocked that they don't move him at the trade deadline?

Why can't they resign him, Wright should be gone, Chalmers 2, Conley could/should redo his contract.

5 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Why can't they resign him, Wright should be gone, Chalmers 2, Conley could/should redo his contract.

Imagine his asking price is going to be pretty steep. He's playing at a top 25 level right now.

Grizz are paying 3 guys near max money already.

Yeah no real chance we keep Tyreke. He's the best player on our team currently, and is balling out even though he looks bored to death. His facial expressions were cracking me up last night :lol:

Who could we get for him though? Oubre was my favorite trade idea. 

Just now, Zappastache said:

Yeah no real chance we keep Tyreke. He's the best player on our team currently, and is balling out even though he looks bored to death. His facial expressions were cracking me up last night :lol:

Who could we get for him though? Oubre was my favorite trade idea. 

Right, make a playoff contender give up youth and/or a pick for Tyreke.

Someone desperate like the Wizards, or even if the Raptors start slipping.

41 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Conley is not going to redo his contract. That is not going to happen. Neither is Parsons and Gasol

54 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

12 minutes ago, GoGrizz! said:

Conley is not going to redo his contract. That is not going to happen. Neither is Parsons and Gasol

Not only is Mike not redoing his contract, he can't.  The CBA does not allow contracts to be restructured in the NBA. This isn't the NFL,  where teams can force players to restructure what they get paid. In the NBA, every contract is 100% guaranteed for the full amount.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

As far as I'm aware of you cant restructure a contract for less money.  You can buy them out, or give them a raise with more years.  My understanding of it at least.

7 minutes ago, Gradey said:

As far as I'm aware of you cant restructure a contract for less money.  You can buy them out, or give them a raise with more years.  My understanding of it at least.

Yes correct

3 hours ago, Gradey said:

Buyouts will more then likely happen after the trade deadline, it happens a lot with players/teams that recently added to the roster via trade.

But seriously, who can we get for Tyreke? We gotta get something for our expiring contracts (Wright, Tyreke, Ennis)

Of those, only Tyreke is worth something, and the rest are throw-ins. Perhaps someone would take Martin or Harrison since their contracts are puny but I think we'd be lucky to even be able to throw them in on any trade. 

Please Wallace, don't let all our expiring contracts walk again. SOMETHING is better than nothing in our position. 

9 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

But seriously, who can we get for Tyreke? We gotta get something for our expiring contracts (Wright, Tyreke, Ennis)

Of those, only Tyreke is worth something, and the rest are throw-ins. Perhaps someone would take Martin or Harrison since their contracts are puny but I think we'd be lucky to even be able to throw them in on any trade. 

Please Wallace, don't let all our expiring contracts walk again. SOMETHING is better than nothing in our position. 

Youth or draft picks from playoff contenders desperate to win-now.

Now, it may not be the best deal in the world, but you can still get back a prospect - I bet you could get Oubre from WASH, Zizic from CLE, DJ from Bucks, etc.

Depends just how much the team wanting Tyreke believes in their own playoff chances.

You can also throw a Wright or Ennis in on the deal and take back an expiring, etc.

Lot of ways to get a good deal while unloading contracts/players AND getting value in terms of future out of the deal.

One thing is certain - playing out this string and then letting Tyreke walk is the dumbest thing they can do.

45 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

We need to trade Tyreke because he has more value (i.e. bargain) as an expiring than being signed as as a FA. All our other expirings are not gonna get more in FA. They don't have much if any value, and would be lucky to be in the NBA after this season. I would let all of them expire to clear salary for FA such as Julius Randle. I don't want any more 2nd picks, WE NEED DEMONSTRATED TALENT

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

If the Grizz don't want them why should any other team want them?

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

I don't understand why it's important to trade Wright, Ennis, or Chalmers.  You're not getting anything good for them.  The money could be used for a usable free agent.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't understand why it's important to trade Wright, Ennis, or Chalmers.  You're not getting anything good for them.  The money could be used for a usable free agent.

I'm not saying trade all of them. Just that, if there is someone we want, we have enough expirings to match salary on a larger contract than just Reke's small deal.  

I wanna see something happen. 

Wallace thinks the only thing he can trade is our 1st round pick.

I like the idea someone had about getting Clarkson and Randle from the Lakers. 

Clarkson is on a nice contact and you would have a good look at Randle to decide 

on his future. Seems like people at thinking Porter will be alright. If so that can be our target. 

He will drop so maybe we can make a move and get another pick by moving down.