4 hours ago, GF#1 said:

Not sure if your proposal is a joke, or has some seriousness to it. :lol:

Porzingod!!!

On 2017-4-4 at 6:54 AM, tjazz22 said:

I wonder what it would take to get Jahlil Okafor

He is the cheapest young potential superstar in the market. 

I wish we have draft picks to trade for him

8 hours ago, The_PROOF said:

Nah. It'd cost too much.

Paul George is good, but not give up your best player for a one year rental good.

Yeah I don't think we could compete with other offers for him anyway - even if it's just a rental.

Article says Cleveland has called about him though. If they were able to get him for say Love that would give them a much greater shot at beating GS next year. George is exactly the kind of guy LeBron and Kyrie need.

Bump

It's time.

I honestly look at the chite we got and think it's impossible.

I'll need help cause I not too good with the trade machine (GTF help me out)

But here's a couple of amateur ideas:

First thing is do we decide to move Marc?

Personally I'd rather not but I honestly think he is done wanting to be here anymore. So are these 2 options viable:

Marc to Kings for Koufos plus 1st rnd  pick in this coming draft or

Marc to Bucks for Henson + Dellavedova + 1st rnd pick (Bucks are desperate to get a star around Giannis, Marc would be perfect for them to feed Giannis)

While you think about that, stage 2:

Reke to Philly for Booker (trade machine shows +10 wins for 76ers with Reke going there)

Stage 3:

Green or Wright to Bulls for Felicio and Portis (Chicago gets off the Felicio contract for an expiring or shorter term contract and still able to tank, we get Portis)

Stage 4:

Waive Martin, Chalmers, Davis, even Harrison if necessary

Could Stages 2-4 happen without Stage 1?

Final point: no matter what, I can not think of any way to move Parsons' contract.

Just some random thoughts in my current state of depression, I welcome yours.....

Teams arent giving up the ransom for Gasol. Honestly we have waited to late to make the move. Now they gone expect more than he conmands. 

Cleveland doesnt want to part with the pick but I could see the doing it if Brooklyn pulls away from the bottom if Russell returns. We would have to take Thompson Im sure. 

Boston would have to give up a lot of bench players but I could see Baynes, Morris, Smart, filler, picks for Gasol and Reke (Hawyard injury exception on Reke).

On 12/22/2017 at 4:33 AM, BigHunkALove said:

Bump

It's time.

I honestly look at the chite we got and think it's impossible.

I'll need help cause I not too good with the trade machine (GTF help me out)

But here's a couple of amateur ideas:

First thing is do we decide to move Marc?

Personally I'd rather not but I honestly think he is done wanting to be here anymore. So are these 2 options viable:

Marc to Kings for Koufos plus 1st rnd  pick in this coming draft or

Marc to Bucks for Henson + Dellavedova + 1st rnd pick (Bucks are desperate to get a star around Giannis, Marc would be perfect for them to feed Giannis)

While you think about that, stage 2:

Reke to Philly for Booker (trade machine shows +10 wins for 76ers with Reke going there)

Stage 3:

Green or Wright to Bulls for Felicio and Portis (Chicago gets off the Felicio contract for an expiring or shorter term contract and still able to tank, we get Portis)

Stage 4:

Waive Martin, Chalmers, Davis, even Harrison if necessary

Could Stages 2-4 happen without Stage 1?

Final point: no matter what, I can not think of any way to move Parsons' contract.

Just some random thoughts in my current state of depression, I welcome yours.....

Gasol for Koufos and pick?  SAC would have to add in half their team to make up the $14,000,000 in salary difference, and then we would have to waive a bunch of player and still pay them since no team would claim them.

Henson, Dellavedova, and pick?  I don't see improvement unless we get lucky with the pick, which likely will not be very high.

Why would we want Booker?

Do we only want Portis so he can lose his cool and take out another member of the roster, or do you expect him to become the next Ron Arrest/Mega World War?  If the latter better warn the fans (might want to add a legal clause to the tickets to preclude any lawsuits).

If you trade Gasol, try to get an expiring contract and a decent player and/or some kind of pick.  Then, with Wright, Ennis, Chalmers, and unnamed expiring we have room to resign Tyreke or another desirable FA (or maybe two depending on talent level) to go along with a potential lottery talent.

If we keep Marc we could trade Green to Indiana for Jefferson, who doesn't seem to be in their plans.  He's a better rebounder and scorer and could give us that inside presence we lost with Zach leaving, and maybe Marc would be more comfortable having a strong post player on the floor with him.  Since Marc will likely never be an uptempo player we could play hard-nosed basketball inside with the starters and have an uptempo second unit.

I'm sure my ideas are just as amateur, but so are everyone else's on these boards.

10 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

If you trade Gasol, try to get an expiring contract and a decent player and/or some kind of pick.  Then, with Wright, Ennis, Chalmers, and unnamed expiring we have room to resign Tyreke or another desirable FA (or maybe two depending on talent level) to go along with a potential lottery talent.

So are you in the camp of wanting to keep Tyreke?   Or do you believe he is some type of blackhole scorer that nukes good teams - like some other folks on here?

i don't  think we have bird rights for tyreke so keeping him could be a problem., thats the main reason we should move him imo . 

Marc is the trigger domino.  Nothing else can really happen until they decide what they do with him.   IMHO it seems like they are taking their sweet time with Conley and are secretly trying to tank.   While simultaneously trying to appease Marc by pretending like they are still wanting to win.    By sitting both Chalmers and McLemore, JB showed that he was really trying to win.   Oddly enough Tyreke has looked like he has tried to throw the last two games by some of his play in the waning minutes.  

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So are you in the camp of wanting to keep Tyreke?   Or do you believe he is some type of blackhole scorer that nukes good teams - like some other folks on here?

I'm sort of undecided.  I don't think he has been here in a stable environment like we had in previous seasons with all our injuries and lineup changes, and it has only been a couple of months.  Team chemistry doesn't happen overnight, so I'm willing to keep an open mind.  I do like him as instant offense off the bench as he was utilized earlier in the season.  I'm not of the same opinion as Chip seems to be, at least not without evidence, and SAC and NOP are not evidence enough for me.  I think a good coach should be able to find a way to utilize his talents to the team's advantage, after all, isn't it the coach's job to recognize his players' strengths and integrate them into a coordinated team offense/defense?

Merry Christmas, friend, I hope you have a great holiday.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'm sort of undecided.  I don't think he has been here in a stable environment like we had in previous seasons with all our injuries and lineup changes, and it has only been a couple of months.  Team chemistry doesn't happen overnight, so I'm willing to keep an open mind.  I do like him as instant offense off the bench as he was utilized earlier in the season.  I'm not of the same opinion as Chip seems to be, at least not without evidence, and SAC and NOP are not evidence enough for me.  I think a good coach should be able to find a way to utilize his talents to the team's advantage, after all, isn't it the coach's job to recognize his players' strengths and integrate them into a coordinated team offense/defense?

Merry Christmas, friend, I hope you have a great holiday.

+ 1000 same to you bud!  

I agree on all points.   Legit 20ppg scorers like Tyreke don't grow on trees.  After looking at how talent starve we have been for so long.  I think its short-sighted to get rid of a 28yr old in order to appease a 33yr old.   When it is becoming apparent that neither are the type to build an entire team around. 

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

+ 1000 same to you bud!  

I agree on all points.   Legit 20ppg scorers like Tyreke don't grow on trees.  After looking at how talent starve we have been for so long.  I think its short-sighted to get rid of a 28yr old in order to appease a 33yr old.   When it is becoming apparent that neither are the type to build an entire team around. 

Yep. We've been in that situation before. 

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

+ 1000 same to you bud!  

Facts that you may disregard, but I don't: 

• Tyreke has only scored 20 points a game 1 time, his rookie year.
  • Tyreke has only made one playoff series and when he did, he laid an egg to the tune of a dumpster fire shooting percentage and 10 points a game.
  • Tyreke came into the nba a year after marc gasol. He has played 505 games. Marc has played 676. Most people here think Marc is injury prone. If Marc is injury prone, Tyreke on average has played 12 games less per year. Which should be a redflag but won't be.  
  • Marc has legit been an allstar 3 times. Tyreke has goose egg.
  • Some people here, maybe not you seem to think that NO and Sac were bad environments and thus willing to erase everything that happened in those cities. Fact is, Tyreke played with The Brow, Boogie.

.......because all that matters is that Marc is 33 and Tyreke is 28. And the fact that, as you say "After looking at how talent starve we have been for so long," which either means that Marc and company was able to do more with less, or it could mean that you simply are not as cool with losing as you seem to act like before we really started losing. Or further it could mean that you are confused as to what wins in the nba and while you respect one thing you don't respect the means.

Listen, for some reason, local radio, the media or whoever, has somehow convinced you that gng was a talentless way to play in the nba, and without a shooter the team is doomed to fail. You disregard that over those 7 years of playoffs that Marc was the most versatile center in the game. That the grizzlies had a top 5 pick n roll tandem in Marc and Mike (and probably more like top 2). That Zbo was one of the most elite low post scorers in the game and that he could balance an offense with his bully ball. That Mike was one of the best at creating space out of nothing when teams packed the paint, and that Tony could single-handedly make Klay and Steph pump fake at shadows, and instead reduce that down to a dichotomy of this: teams WITH elite shooters and teams without elite shooters. IE, teams with elite shooters have talent and teams that don't have that, (the grizzlies) have no talent.

Okay.     

19 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

+ 1000 same to you bud!  

I think your eyes, ears or imagination must be deceiving you or you just trying to start some sheet. I see nothing from Gasol to make me think he is having problems with Tyreke.

On 12/24/2017 at 4:11 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Marc is the trigger domino.  Nothing else can really happen until they decide what they do with him.   IMHO it seems like they are taking their sweet time with Conley and are secretly trying to tank.   While simultaneously trying to appease Marc by pretending like they are still wanting to win.    By sitting both Chalmers and McLemore, JB showed that he was really trying to win.   Oddly enough Tyreke has looked like he has tried to throw the last two games by some of his play in the waning minutes.  

They're not going to do anything with Gasol, after having let Randolph and Allen go, there would be a mutiny among the Grizz fans if they did. I don't hear anyone booing Gasol at the games. They might have liked Fiz but they LOVE Gasol.

Yeah Memphis loves Marc- he is a unique player and fun to watch.  

He was so good defensively 4-5 years ago. Along w/TA. Mike was even an elite defender back then.

all things must pass

52 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I think your eyes, ears or imagination must be deceiving you or you just trying to start some sheet. I see nothing from Gasol to make me think he is having problems with Tyreke.

Yeah, I was a little puzzled by that comment too.

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Facts that you may disregard, but I don't: 

• Tyreke has only scored 20 points a game 1 time, his rookie year.
  • Tyreke has only made one playoff series and when he did, he laid an egg to the tune of a dumpster fire shooting percentage and 10 points a game.
  • Tyreke came into the nba a year after marc gasol. He has played 505 games. Marc has played 676. Most people here think Marc is injury prone. If Marc is injury prone, Tyreke on average has played 12 games less per year. Which should be a redflag but won't be.  
  • Marc has legit been an allstar 3 times. Tyreke has goose egg.
  • Some people here, maybe not you seem to think that NO and Sac were bad environments and thus willing to erase everything that happened in those cities. Fact is, Tyreke played with The Brow, Boogie.

.......because all that matters is that Marc is 33 and Tyreke is 28. And the fact that, as you say "After looking at how talent starve we have been for so long," which either means that Marc and company was able to do more with less, or it could mean that you simply are not as cool with losing as you seem to act like before we really started losing. Or further it could mean that you are confused as to what wins in the nba and while you respect one thing you don't respect the means.

Listen, for some reason, local radio, the media or whoever, has somehow convinced you that gng was a talentless way to play in the nba, and without a shooter the team is doomed to fail. You disregard that over those 7 years of playoffs that Marc was the most versatile center in the game. That the grizzlies had a top 5 pick n roll tandem in Marc and Mike (and probably more like top 2). That Zbo was one of the most elite low post scorers in the game and that he could balance an offense with his bully ball. That Mike was one of the best at creating space out of nothing when teams packed the paint, and that Tony could single-handedly make Klay and Steph pump fake at shadows, and instead reduce that down to a dichotomy of this: teams WITH elite shooters and teams without elite shooters. IE, teams with elite shooters have talent and teams that don't have that, (the grizzlies) have no talent.

Okay.     

Here you go again.    Dude the **** promos and mantra of the team for years; was all about how we are the underdog team that doesn't have the elite talent of the premiere squads but we Grit N Grind our way to success.    We won based off outworking the other teams not out-talenting them! 

How many AllStar appearances does Mike Conley have?? Aren't you the one always arguing he is an elite level PG???   Then how are you gonna say Tyreke isn't as talented based off AllStar appearances??

I have been saying for years that GNG has a ceiling and it aint championship.  Media is just now catching up to me.  

Regardless what good does all this GNG era debate mean anyway when GNG aint together anymore?   Back to my original point.   It is hard to justify moving on from Tyreke if there is a way to keep him. 

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yeah, I was a little puzzled by that comment too.

Apparently you guys don't listen to broadcast or any of the Grizz analyst or media or pay attention to comments on here.   From day one majority was saying that Tyreke's style of play was not a good mesh with Gasol and Conley.   his ball-dominating was best used off bench.   Heck people are still saying that.   I am not saying that Gasol has something personal against Tyreke i am saying people were stating they were a bad stylistic mix.  

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Here you go again.    Dude the **** promos and mantra of the team for years; was all about how we are the underdog team that doesn't have the elite talent of the premiere squads but we Grit N Grind our way to success.    We won based off outworking the other teams not out-talenting them! 

How many AllStar appearances does Mike Conley have?? Aren't you the one always arguing he is an elite level PG???   Then how are you gonna say Tyreke isn't as talented based off AllStar appearances??

I have been saying for years that GNG has a ceiling and it aint championship.  Media is just now catching up to me.  

Regardless what good does all this GNG era debate mean anyway when GNG aint together anymore?   Back to my original point.   It is hard to justify moving on from Tyreke if there is a way to keep him. 

My entire post was a response that it would be short-sighted to appease a 33 year old for a 28 year old. And your comment that the grizzlies were a talentless team, which was ridiculous. Compared to whom? The Warriors, OKC and Spurs? I would love to find another talentless Zach Randolph who owed the talented Blake Griffin for years. Or another space killer Tony Allen who Kobe said was the best defender that he ever faced.

Also, and I was actually going to create a thread about this, but Marc Gasol is not the lynch pin to securing Tyreke Evans. And there is absolutely no reason why we should not trade him. If we had bird rights or he was a restricted free-agent then your post might hold water. We could offer Tyreke 20 million a year and he could still say, nope, don't want to be here, or we could offer him what we have and he could accept it. The point is that Tyreke has the choice, which is one of the reasons why he was included in the Buddy Heild deal in the first place.

Also, I am not opposed to trading Marc, but only if it makes sense and from what I've seen in this draft, it better be a top 5 pick or we've been giving him away. You also only keep Tyreke if you are trying for the playoffs which I hope at this point we are not. So if he isn't traded, CW isn't doing his job.

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Apparently you guys don't listen to broadcast or any of the Grizz analyst or media or pay attention to comments on here.   From day one majority was saying that Tyreke's style of play was not a good mesh with Gasol and Conley.   his ball-dominating was best used off bench.   Heck people are still saying that.   I am not saying that Gasol has something personal against Tyreke i am saying people were stating they were a bad stylistic mix.  

Gasol is a ball movement type of player. Evans is a ball stopping type of player. If Gasol can't play well with Tyreke because he kills ball movement how did Gasol exist so well with Zach Randolph - who some people claimed Evans was the replacement for - since they both kill ball movement? 

Personally I don't believe Evans is a great ball player for team basketball. He can take over and dominate at times but he can't lead a team to victory and his style of play is just as likely to find a ceiling short of a championship as Z-Bo did. The main difference between the two in my eyes is Randolph rose not only his level of play both those around him as well in crunch time. I haven't seen that from Evans yet but hopefully he will become that type of player.